The Official "Stablon is a smart drug" thread

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Figured we needed an official thread on this board to discuss Stablon / Tianeptine and how it's been working for those of us who use this.

Saving this first thread to post links on Stablon / Tianeptine research:

Tianeptine ( Stablon )
Servier

I can personally attest that Stablon is a life saver for me, for lowering anxiety, boosting attention & focus, as well as kicking me out of any bouts of depression through it's mood brightening effects. It's as though it opens my mind up to everything great around me. It's not a perfect drug, as it tends to poop out over time, but I can't stress enough at how much of a life saver it's been. Nothing else comes close to it in my eyes, and for all of this to come with little to no sides? It's indispensable.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figured we needed an official thread on this board to discuss Stablon / Tianeptine and how it's been working for those of us who use this.

Tianeptine ( Stablon )
Servier

It's as though it opens my mind up to everything great around me. It's not a perfect drug
Sounds like it. I'm not familiar with this one at all.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's a med in Europe but it's legal to import here because there is no patent for it in America. There are a few nootropic suppliers who sell the bulk powder here as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta say that I am liking this for acute effects. I stopped taking it and was fine, the taper is very gradual. Then after a few weeks I had some stressful meetings and conferences coming up so I added 12mg to my normal aniracetam/AGPC pre meeting ritual and it kicked right in. The complete lack of care and slight dullness were perfect.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established

Tianeptine ( Stablon )
Servier

I can personally attest that Stablon is a life saver for me, for lowering anxiety, boosting attention & focus, as well as kicking me out of any bouts of depression through it's mood brightening effects. It's as though it opens my mind up to everything great around me. It's not a perfect drug, as it tends to poop out over time, but I can't stress enough at how much of a life saver it's been. Nothing else comes close to it in my eyes, and for all of this to come with little to no sides? It's indispensable.
How many days until you can feel it's effect or is it immediate and able to be taken in certain situations?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I need the opposite, but I'll take some legit focus.
It's more like the complete lack of care within stressful situations though. Not a lack of care as in not caring about important things, emotions, etc. Helps you handle stress really well, like it's nothing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many days until you can feel it's effect or is it immediate and able to be taken in certain situations?
It's immediate for me personally when I dose on the high end - but I try not to do that often. Fairly immediate when following normal dosing protocols, I can feel a change within the week.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
It's immediate for me personally when I dose on the high end - but I try not to do that often. Fairly immediate when following normal dosing protocols, I can feel a change within the week.
I'll have to look into later when I get some time

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

It's a med in Europe but it's legal to import here because there is no patent for it in America. There are a few nootropic suppliers who sell the bulk powder here as well.
Whom? And can this be taken year round with no breaks?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whom? And can this be taken year round with no breaks?
I feel like it stops working after 3-4 months of continuous usage. My next time supplementing with this, I'm going to try taking short breaks, maybe 1-2 days off per week to keep it working. Ceretropic carries it right now, I haven't tried theirs but another board member was posting about it in another thread and has verified them as good to go.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried 24mg at one dose?
I usually do 24mg twice a day, with the 12.5mg dose near end of day so it doesn't interfere with sleep (3 doses per day). I personally dose like this because I feel it's underdosed (not the source itself, just the recommended dose of 12.5mg 2-3x per day is too low I find).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to be honest and say that I feel tianeptine is wrecking me, even on an occasional basis that I take it now. It feels like withdrawal for the day or two after where I just feel dull and blah with no excitement. It is the only thing different that I can attribute it to.

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
I'm going to be honest and say that I feel tianeptine is wrecking me, even on an occasional basis that I take it now. It feels like withdrawal for the day or two after where I just feel dull and blah with no excitement. It is the only thing different that I can attribute it to.
How long have you been taking tianeptine?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took it for about 60 days, then stopped without much issue other than being a little down for a day or so. Then I started adding it in on an "as needed" basis due to the acute effects, but it has really been bothering me and I've been doing a little personal troubleshooting to get to the bottom of it. There is little doubt that it is the tianeptine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took it for about 60 days, then stopped without much issue other than being a little down for a day or so. Then I started adding it in on an "as needed" basis due to the acute effects, but it has really been bothering me and I've been doing a little personal troubleshooting to get to the bottom of it. There is little doubt that it is the tianeptine.
Oh man that sucks to hear. Sorry that's happening to you.

I've taken tianeptine off and on since 2008. Usually for 3-4 month periods, and have never experienced what you are right now. I haven't tried it on an 'as needed' basis until this year though, but haven't really experienced any sides from doing this. I wonder if it's downregulating your D2 receptors when high dosing for acute effects.

FWIW - my dosing (for acute effects) is around 50-75mgs. It's a bit high, but does the trick for me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah thx, I gave it a pretty solid go and do enjoy it while on. As we all know, sometimes we react quite differently than others with these things.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just reading up on Tianeptine again today and came across this! No idea why this didn't stand out to me before... Tianeptine just keeps on winning....

Even a single dose of tianeptine measurably increases growth hormone (GH) secretion; long-term GH enhancers tend to improve intellectual performance.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
still haven't tried this.. got it on the bucket list..

may see about it while making some orders this week

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else try it?
Was looking at buying some in caps, but kinda pricey. Bulk powder had my attention for the price but I know I'm not going to go through the effort of capping it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What dosages are you guys using?
I'm finding 100mg / day to be the perfect dose for myself now.

I'm currently switching over to the extended release version. I plan on dosing 50mg in the AM and 50mg at noon.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, it's not a great idea to mix other nootropics with this. Just basic things like choline, etc.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Does Stablon have any studies on OCD?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does Stablon have any studies on OCD?
I believe so, but can't recall. I remember reading that there's potential for treatment in users with OCD.

Curious though, what is the standard treatment these days for OCD?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's to go to treatment over and over and over...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I think it's to go to treatment over and over and over...
So basically, attend therapy obsessively :D

I looked up which drugs they use to treat OCD too. Not impressed with their selection of SSRI's and SNRI's. Very old school drugs with a plethora of sides.

I feel like tianeptine would be a great candidate.

Edit: speaking from experience, I have a strong tendency to over analyze, but this is far less apparent when on daily tianeptine.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm finding 100mg / day to be the perfect dose for myself now.

I'm currently switching over to the extended release version. I plan on dosing 50mg in the AM and 50mg at noon.
Any updates on this (I'm assuming the extended release version you mention is tianeptine sulfate)? I'm curious to hear about dosing and effects of this version.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I'll go ahead and give my very limited experience with tianeptine sulfate. I've only taken it for three days so far at 25 mg/day (in the morning). At that dose I notice a small increase in mood and very large increase in energy (and anxiety) within about 30-60 minutes. In addition to the increase in anxiety, I also have been very "snappy" with others and easy to anger (much more so than usual). However, at the same time I cool off quickly and will be in a good mood again soon after that. There's also this minor increase in confidence. It's a very strange feeling. The increase in energy/anxiety starts to fade within about 6 hours and is mostly gone within 10-12 hours...although, even then I still feel some inner tension. I'll probably skip taking it tomorrow since I have a large meeting with clients and can't afford the extra anxiety (or short-tempered attitude) during it.

edit: I will also likely have to add ashwagandha back into my bedtime stack as my sleep has been worse since I started taking tianeptine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Any updates on this (I'm assuming the extended release version you mention is tianeptine sulfate)? I'm curious to hear about dosing and effects of this version.
I ran out of the sulfate version after only using it here n there. I need to order more and try it out on a daily basis. I only had 2 grams. I was also eying the dose, so I'm not sure how much I was getting each time, but it was around 100mg each time

Btw, it's never personally given me anxiety

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran out of the sulfate version after only using it here n there. I need to order more and try it out on a daily basis. I only had 2 grams. I was also eying the dose, so I'm not sure how much I was getting each time, but it was around 100mg each time

Btw, it's never personally given me anxiety
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure anxiety is exactly the right description. I feel a lot of energy and inner tension but don't seem to have trouble interacting with others (normally have pretty bad social anxiety). It's really hard to explain as it's a stronger effect than I've experienced with pretty much anything else. Hopefully it levels out a bit with continued use.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure anxiety is exactly the right description. I feel a lot of energy and inner tension but don't seem to have trouble interacting with others (normally have pretty bad social anxiety). It's really hard to explain as it's a stronger effect than I've experienced with pretty much anything else. Hopefully it levels out a bit with continued use.
Stablon completely erases inner tension for me.

You got all this from a tiny 25mg extended dose? Not quite sure if I'd pin that on stablon as it tends to have an opposite effect. No tension, no snappiness, but the opposite.

25mg of the extended dose is a sub-clinical dose too.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stablon completely erases inner tension for me.

You got all this from a tiny 25mg extended dose? Not quite sure if I'd pin that on stablon as it tends to have an opposite effect. No tension, no snappiness, but the opposite.

25mg of the extended dose is a sub-clinical dose too.
I don't think the tianeptine sulfate sold is really extended release. The study showung it as being extended release actually used a slow release polymer or matrix in the tablet. This has been discussed in other forums as many feel it's deceiving of suppliers to claim the sulfate version is slow release even though it's not using yhe same type of tablets used in the study.

Also, my experience isn't totally unique as I have found similar accounts earlier today. For most those effects subsided over time. I experienced the same effects with ssri's in the past (restlessness and irritability at first to later changing to a calm/lethargic feeling).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I don't think the tianeptine sulfate sold is really extended release.
Definitely is. I'm taking large amounts of it (100mg+) and not getting an acute effect from it. Very noticeable difference in taste too. I had both powders and switched back and forth between them. The standard release powder tastes nasty, extended had close to no taste, it's not bad at all.

Big difference in effects between those two powders at the dosages I'm taking.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely is. I'm taking large amounts of it (100mg+) and not getting an acute effect from it. Very noticeable difference in taste too. I had both powders and switched back and forth between them. The standard release powder tastes nasty, extended had close to no taste, it's not bad at all.

Big difference in effects between those two powders at the dosages I'm taking.
Hmmm...so even though their not using a tablet with a slow release polymer it's still working in a similar manner; I'm curious as to how just bonding it to sulfate (instead of sodium) accomplishes that. Regardless, it's good to hear that larger doses are needed and that the effects are different for you because I had begun to question whether it really behaved any different than the sodium version and maybe my dose eas just too high (they're prefilled 25 mg capsules...so difficult to split).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where did you hear / read that it needs to be in tablet form? Curious

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where did you hear / read that it needs to be in tablet form? Curious
I didn't mean that it "needs" to be in tablet form. I'm just saying that the patent for the sulfate form used a tablet with a slow release polymer in their study comparing it to the sodium form. As far as I've found, this is the one and only official study on tianeptine sulfate.

edit: here is a link to the patent - http://www.google.com/patents/US8198268. Near the end of the document is where they compare sulfate to sodium and discuss how a slow release polymer was used for tianeptine sulfate. So, tianeptine sulfate may absorb slower but there's really no study to prove that because the only study on sulfate used a slow release polymer. At this point, all we have to go by is experiences by others...which may be confounded by everyone taking much higher doses of sulfate (which would of course extend the effects).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wanted to add that apparently tianeptine can be taken with food without it affecting the antidepressant effects - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3243929. While absorption was slowed, and the peak was reduced by 25%, the area under the curve and metabolite parameters were similar. I'm going to try taking tianeptine sulfate with breakfast to see if that reduces some of the side effects I'm noticing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At this point, all we have to go by is experiences by others...which may be confounded by everyone taking much higher doses of sulfate (which would of course extend the effects).
I wouldn't necessarily say that taking more of something will extend it's effects. Even when I take an acute dose of tianpetine sodium, it's effects don't last longer for me, they are just more intense. Every drug has a half-life. Dose will not change this.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are we allowed to discuss nootropic sources here? Not sure if it's frowned on due to the whole board sponsor thing. I'd be happy to share my source in the US for bulk Tianeptine.

I'll have to say I noticed more from the short acting version, but I didn't give the extended release version a proper run.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't necessarily say that taking more of something will extend it's effects. Even when I take an acute dose of tianpetine sodium, it's effects don't last longer for me, they are just more intense. Every drug has a half-life. Dose will not change this.
On a whim I decided to try 50 mg (instead of the usual 25 mg) of tianeptine sulfate in the morning. Instead of a more stimulating feeling (which I expected), it produced a very calming effect that lasted most of the day. Strange that doubling the dose produced exactly the opposite effect. Kind of reminds me of rhodiola where smaller doses were stimulating to me and larger doses more calming/sedating. The effects of tianeptine sulfate at 50 mg are more in line with what I was looking for. So, I'll probably stay at that for a while.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good man! Glad it's working out for you. I wish I could get it to work at that dose. I needed ~75mg in the am then another 25-50mg late afternoon for it to work well.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good man! Glad it's working out for you. I wish I could get it to work at that dose. I needed ~75mg in the am then another 25-50mg late afternoon for it to work well.
Have to admit, I am a little curious now as to how higher doses would feel (now that it's no longer stimulating). The only thing stopping me from finding out is the cost. At about $1 for 50 mg, it could quickly get out of my price range if taking higher doses than that on a daily basis.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I gave this a whirl a year ago, and fell in love. It was a miracle drug that really turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing. My dose escalated too quickly and developed a nice little addiction in about 3 months. I was using both the short acting and long acting variants. When used with caution and respect, it's probably one of the best noots/mood booster/etc ever. It's also my favorite pre workout ingredient of all time.

I've also used several sources, and highly recommend Ceretropic. There's at least one vendor out there selling something masked as tianeptine but definitely isn't.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gave this a whirl a year ago, and fell in love. It was a miracle drug that really turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing. My dose escalated too quickly and developed a nice little addiction in about 3 months. I was using both the short acting and long acting variants. When used with caution and respect, it's probably one of the best noots/mood booster/etc ever. It's also my favorite pre workout ingredient of all time.

I've also used several sources, and highly recommend Ceretropic. There's at least one vendor out there selling something masked as tianeptine but definitely isn't.
Curious as to why you escalated the dose? Did you experience euphoria or major improvements in mood with higher doses? So far, 50 mg of tianeptine sulphate seems to work best for me. It's very calming. However, I also experience some brain fog at that dose and seem to be more forgetful. I tried 75 mg a couple days ago but the side effects were significantly worse.