Best nootropic for increased focus/energy with long lasting effect

RePower

RePower

Awards
Hey guys i need ur help! I am a medical student with very busy schedule and the only time to workout is early in the morning around 7am and then head back to uni! However i feel lethargic during the rest of the day and low on energy and a lack of focus! What do tou recommend doing to solve that issue?

1. I dont use any stims or preworkout supps.
2. I dont want to use caffeine because i am extremely sensitive and makes me anxious, not to mention it lasts only 2 hours its effect
3. I was thinking of modafinil would be a good idea but i cannot get any due to law restrictions.
4. I can have adrafinil which is the pro-drug of modafinil, so would it be a good idea?
5. Any solid reviews on adrafinil ?

Thanx guys

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you haven't used any nootropics before correct?

I personally wouldn't start with modafinil. I would probably start with some stim free focus xt and maybe add in some noopept eventually. Everyone responds differently to noots so you are going to have to play around with them and see what works best for you.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/noopept-xt-by-sns

RePower

RePower

Awards
No nootropics before.... As for noopept i knew that it is a memory enhancer than energy/focus supplement

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
I'm also looking for info on this RePower
I have tried Modafinil 50-100mg and I like it. Very expensive though (about 12 usd/100mg pill on prescription in my country).
Ordered SNS Focus XT and Noopept, gonna try them out and see if it's any good.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT stim free is a good option, however combating lethargy depends on its cause. A low dose of caffeine (50mg or so) is less than a cup of coffee, shouldnt produce a anxious effect and may help pull you out of a slump.

RePower

RePower

Awards
I heard really good reviews about focus xt.... However i was thinking adrafinil.... Would it have the same potency as modafinyl? I may end up with focus xt and adrafinil and see how it goes

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Focus and alertness can be had from Noots, but as for "energy" you won't get the same type of feel like you would from any stim (including caffeine). Phenylpracetam might be one of the few exceptions, but tolerance builds QUICK...like 2-3 days so it has to be cycled on/off each week.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I heard really good reviews about focus xt.... However i was thinking adrafinil.... Would it have the same potency as modafinyl? I may end up with focus xt and adrafinil and see how it goes
adra needs to covert to become moda so I would expect it to be less effective mg for mg.

Focus xt is great stuff. Stack it with noopept xt too if you want even more without additional stims.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
adra needs to covert to become moda so I would expect it to be less effective mg for mg.

Focus xt is great stuff. Stack it with noopept xt too if you want even more without additional stims.
Prob also worth noting that adrafinil is liver toxic to some extent.

As you said, I'd second that Focus XT + noopept is a good option for a non-stim combo

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
kboxer7 booneman77 But for "wakefulness"/relieving fatigue it's Modafinil (or Adrafinil) that is best suitable or no? Do the "racetams" have similar properties?
Idea: Could someone knowledgeable write a noot guide and make it a sticky? I buy him/her a beer :)

RePower

RePower

Awards
thanx guys I appreciate your help! DonnieM I was wondering the same thing . Would nootropics such as racetams or noopept have similar effect as modafinil if we stack them with focus xt?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
kboxer7 booneman77 But for "wakefulness"/relieving fatigue it's Modafinil (or Adrafinil) that is best suitable or no? Do the "racetams" have similar properties?
Idea: Could someone knowledgeable write a noot guide and make it a sticky? I buy him/her a beer :)
thanx guys I appreciate your help! DonnieM I was wondering the same thing . Would nootropics such as racetams or noopept have similar effect as modafinil if we stack them with focus xt?
Jiigzz can probably do this at some point if he finds the time ;)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting formula, as well as method of delivery (patches). My question to you is why do you want an 8-hour time release dosage with these supplements? Is there any research suggesting that these ingredients are more effective this way, and is there any research suggesting that a patch would be preferable to oral supplementation that has been shown to be effective in humans?

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Interesting formula, as well as method of delivery (patches). My question to you is why do you want an 8-hour time release dosage with these supplements? Is there any research suggesting that these ingredients are more effective this way, and is there any research suggesting that a patch would be preferable to oral supplementation that has been shown to be effective in humans?
Here are 2 links that should clear up your questions.

http://www.ageforce.com/transdermal
http://www.ageforce.com/supplement-research/nootropic-memory-enhancer-research

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Phenylpiracetam is going to have the biggest kick on the alertness side both physically and mentally. It makes sound and vision very crisp and clear and at higher doses, can border on slightly hallucinogenic. Also, there is an increase in body temp. I prefer it as a recreational racetam for these reasons.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi, I would recommend an adrafinil product, specifically Adradinil by Absorb Health: http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/adrafinil-by-absorb-health.
The reason for this is that it converts to modafinil.

Adrafinil is a synthetic Nootropic and central nervous system stimulant that is designed to help boost mental energy and improve concentration.

The main effect of Adrafinil is on the catecholamine hormones and the adrenergic system. This in turn will increase alertness, raise energy levels and improve cognitive abilities.

RePower you said in #3 of your list that you wanted modafinil, however you can not get it as its a prescription drug. Well this is the closest you will get as it converts to it. (Your #4 answered).

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is there anything that gives a good increase in focus without an increase in energy?

I have a night class and need help focusing, but I don't want it to keep me up all night. Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Piracetam is great for that. I consider it one of the best studying racetams.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I would recommend an adrafinil product, specifically Adradinil by Absorb Health: http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/adrafinil-by-absorb-health.

Adrafinil is a synthetic Nootropic and central nervous system stimulant that is designed to help boost mental energy and improve concentration.

The main effect of Adrafinil is on the catecholamine hormones and the adrenergic system. This in turn will increase alertness, raise energy levels and improve cognitive abilities.

RePower you said in #3 of your list that you wanted modafinil, however you can not get it as its a prescription drug. Well this is the closest you will get as it converts to it. (Your #4 answered).

Actually, the closest thing to Modafinil is probably flmodafinil aka crl 40940

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
How about some theacrine... Get some bulk powder

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Actually, the closest thing to Modafinil is probably flmodafinil aka crl 40940
Nice.

I haven't looked into this compound yet. Any good research/clinicals you can point me to? Sounds promising.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established

It's probably worth noting that for those interested, adrafinil raises liver enzymes (i.e. liver toxic to some extent), and users may want to look into liver support of some kind especially if running adrafinil over extended periods of time (i.e. months).

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Ive been looking into nootropics more and more and everyone speaks so highly of Focus XT

RePower

RePower

Awards
I might try focus xt with noopept.... So how should i take them ?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I like 2 caps of Noopept with fxt. Some are fine with 1 cap
Same.

I have gone up to 40mg Noopept with no additional benefits. 20mg seems to be where I like it best.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I might try focus xt with noopept.... So how should i take them ?
Definitely a great combination. Focus XT is an 'everyday' nootropic and it is the one supplement I can say I actually use daily. I do a lot of side projects where I am reliant on myself and only myself to get things done, and so there are days when I simply cannot be bothered. If I am not accountable to someone or something, then its easy to just push things back and say "i'll do it tomorrow".

Focus XT has helped me BIG time with motivation. Just the act of using it gets me in the mindset of "now i'm going to get things done" and then it works to keep my mind focused on the task at hand.

Moreover, my cognitive abilities have grown exponentially since using it daily (big word to emphasize this :D). Since adding in Noopept, it has only ogtten better.

Phenylpiracetam is my other extra that I use when I need a "kick" but that needs to be cycled off often

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same.

I have gone up to 40mg Noopept with no additional benefits. 20mg seems to be where I like it best.
More isn't always better with racetams. I've never gone over 20mg Noopept at once, and I don't really plan on it. I haven't seen too much research on the dose curve for Noopept in particular, and Noopept may be different than piracetam, but lower doses (2.4g) of piracetam have been shown to be more effective than higher doses (4.8-9.6g) in university students. One study said:
In Lehmann et al. 1993 , we speculated that the U-shaped dose-response curve might be due to the fact that a moderate dose of piracetam leads to an optimal coherence of brain functions, allowing best cognitive performance. Higher doses might lead to an over-excitation which actually
decreases performance.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Don't people usually build up a tolerance to phenylpiracetam pretty quickly?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Yes, very quick. 2-3 times a week is usually max before the effects start wearing off.
Gotcha. I might pull the trigger on some adrafinil caps (300mg) to try first

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just one word of caution regarding liver health. Anywhere you look for information on Adrafinil will mention monitoring liver health as a necessary step when taking this, I think they downplay it. I've known several people that took this and had dramatically elevated liver counts. They compare it to accutane, which is really bad. Make sure to cycle it and not take high doses.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Not to hijack this thread, but what is the recommended dose of CDP Choline to stack with Phenylpiracetam? 100 mg phenyl to 250 mg CDP to start? I am trying to put together one big order from Powder City, but their CDP Choline caps only come in 400mg. Is that too much?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never needed a choline source with phenyl, but I'd start lower. You don't need to read too far to see people having adverse reactions to high levels of CDP.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never needed a choline source with phenyl, but I'd start lower. You don't need to read too far to see people having adverse reactions to high levels of CDP.
Not only can lower doses of CDP-choline reduce the chance of an adverse reaction, and save you some money, at least one study found that 250mg was as effective, and perhaps even more effective, than 500mg.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FXT with Noopept xt...best combo I've found
I use this combo pretty regularly. My productivity at work is amazing using them together.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Just one word of caution regarding liver health. Anywhere you look for information on Adrafinil will mention monitoring liver health as a necessary step when taking this, I think they downplay it. I've known several people that took this and had dramatically elevated liver counts. They compare it to accutane, which is really bad. Make sure to cycle it and not take high doses.
This

Once again, just take CRL 40940 (flmodafinil)

It is the closest thing to modafinil. Why risk liver issues with taking adrafinil?

RePower

RePower

Awards
The thing is that you cannot find easy modafinil flmodafinil or any other eugeroic ..... The closest thing you can find is adrafinil

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Noopept with Focus XT is beyond effective

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
The thing is that you cannot find easy modafinil flmodafinil or any other eugeroic ..... The closest thing you can find is adrafinil
flmodafinil is extremely easy to find. Quick google search...

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I have some phenylpiracetam on the way... But after reading this I think I'm going to get some focus xt and noopept xt to use daily, and the phenylpiracetam for when I need a bigger boost.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
Hockeyaus33 How is the flmodafil on the liver, less harsh than adrafinil? Read some about it, sounds promising.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Best Noots for energy/focus are : Phenylpiracetam,CDP choline,Adrafinil/Modafinil,flmodafinil,Pramiracetam,PEA HCL or N-Phenethyl dimethylamine,Npept-but its def. weaker than noots listed above,DMAA with Caffeine or Ephedrine with Caffeine.