best nootropic for blunting emotions

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
What have you found to be the best nootropic for blunting emotions?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam can have this effect, which is partially what makes it such an effective anxiolytic. Tadalafil also has this effect to some degree.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
DataTNG.jpg

Be like Data.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry man, I just thought you were picking on him and figured if emotions being blunted were of interest, then maybe not a great target. Ha-ha. Reps

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Adrenosurge made me feel emotionally dull. It has a good ingedient profile and I have used most of the ingredients before, but something in it didn't sit well with me.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best nootropic for this purpose seems to be parmiracetam. I never used it personally.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Best nootropic for this purpose seems to be parmiracetam. I never used it personally.
Used to use prami daily a couple years ago. I indeed it did have this effect. Was looking for something even more powerful

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Which common adaptogens and noots have emotion-blunting effects outside of their primary affects?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Used to use prami daily a couple years ago. I indeed it did have this effect. Was looking for something even more powerful
Honestly, if you are looking to deaden senses so bad, this may not be an ideal topic here and perhaps there is something that a professional would need to address.

Glove8

Awards
I would like to know the answer to this one. I just got out of a relationship and want to try to stay focused. Emotions are annoying and get in the way

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well it will blunt the emotions very well

Almost too much. Kinda feel empty
Well this didn't happen to me using noopept or aniracetam.
And from what I read it seems that only parmiracetam have kind of an effect in this regard.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Well this didn't happen to me using noopept or aniracetam.
And from what I read it seems that only parmiracetam have kind of an effect in this regard.
Really depends on the individual when it comes to nootropics

Aniracetam made me lethargic
I had to stop noopept because it made me too emotionless and destroyed my short term memory.

Now off if for over 2 weeks I feel much better and short term memory is improved.

They're not for everyone

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, tianeptine can have this effect. Also, look into lithium orotate. That is known for the emotion and sensory blunting.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A session with a therapist can be helpful. You can't solve everything with supplements and drugs. In fact, it's just not a good idea.

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Something stronger than Prami? Well, hell...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hockeyaus33 any chance you'll tell us why you need something to blunt your emotions?. Are you a secret agent?. Do you lead a life of danger?. Do you stay a stranger to everyone you meet?.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
There is something going on in my life that is crucial for me to remove my emotions from and look at it objectively

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is something going on in my life that is crucial for me to remove my emotions from and look at it objectively
Emotions are part of what makes us human. Certainly, removing them wouldn't be a good idea. Although I agree sometimes they get in the way. Women for instance make most of their decisions based on them and are truly not objective.....Still though completely taking them out of the equation is just not a good idea.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I have learned that thinking with my heart just gets me into trouble

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Again, tianeptine can have this effect. Also, look into lithium orotate. That is known for the emotion and sensory blunting.
I find Tianeptine brightens my emotions (but makes me care less about negative things), but lithium orotate is definitely blunting.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, if you are looking to deaden senses so bad, this may not be an ideal topic here and perhaps there is something that a professional would need to address.
A session with a therapist can be helpful. You can't solve everything with supplements and drugs. In fact, it's just not a good idea.
This isn't meant to be rude or mean. Nothing wrong with taking this advice and seeing a professional. I'm not gonna try and push OP anymore into telling us why he wants to blunt his emotions so much. OP, I truly hope you figure this out without using drugs or supplements and go see a therapist. Good luck to you.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
I find Tianeptine brightens my emotions (but makes me care less about negative things), but lithium orotate is definitely blunting.
Geez, I would be extremely hesitant in recommending lithium for self-medicating. Not only is the dose response idiosyncratic but it has a narrow therapeutic range whereby doses are often established via blood level monitoring.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
This isn't meant to be rude or mean. Nothing wrong with taking this advice and seeing a professional. I'm not gonna try and push OP anymore into telling us why he wants to blunt his emotions so much. OP, I truly hope you figure this out without using drugs or supplements and go see a therapist. Good luck to you.
I meet with my pastor this tuesday so we'll see

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Geez, I would be extremely hesitant in recommending lithium for self-medicating. Not only is the dose response idiosyncratic but it has a narrow therapeutic range whereby doses are often established via blood level monitoring.
Lithium orotate doesn't require blood level monitoring, it's not the same as lithium carbonate (the prescribed drug) and it does not build up in the body's tissues like the carbonate version does. Lithium Orotate is a supplement you can purchase over the counter.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Lithium orotate doesn't require blood level monitoring, it's not the same as lithium carbonate (the prescribed drug) and it does not build up in the body's tissues like the carbonate version does. Lithium Orotate is a supplement you can purchase over the counter.
At the level of absorption it is the same as lithium carbonate (and chloride). The difference seems to be in the volume of and tissue distributions.
Irregardless of this it will be ionic lithium (dissociated from the mineral/salt carrier) that will cause the manifestations of toxicity.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't be so dramatic. Blood levels do not need to be monitored and it is a safe option for those looking for the anxiolytic and emotion blunting properties.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Pheni just makes me tired. I have only had my mood uplifted due to the mental stimulation

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
I have learned that thinking with my heart just gets me into trouble
Welcome to being human.
Your heart is always there in relationships. Sorry, you can't take it out of the equation. It's how we deal with those emotions that makes us mature...or finds us with a restraining order.
Talking with a pastor is great...or a counselor/therapist. But don't look to taking something to dull or wipe out feelings. I can show you a million bars or alleyways with people who took that path.
In the meantime, bust it out in the gym. Work it out. It's hard at first but the endorphins released are the greatest drug.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me picamilon has only a relaxing effect. No emotion blunting effect.