Speed, Explosiveness, and Cardio Workout for Jan 3, 2013!

  1. Board Sponsor
    NLAFounder's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    202103
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    90.72%

    Speed, Explosiveness, and Cardio Workout for Jan 3, 2013!


    From NLA Performance Co-Founder and former collegiate Track and Field athlete Justin Matoesian:

    Here is our Cardio workout for January 2, 2013:

    -15 minute jog on flat to slight incline/decline
    -5 60 meter hill sprints (2 minute rest between each sprint)
    -Stadium stair circuit. Repeat the circuit 2 times with 5 minutes rest in between circuits
    **Each set equals 1 full climb up of the stadium stairs you are running**
    Set 1: Single step (focus on quick feet and popping off the balls of your feet)
    Set 2: Skip a step
    Set 3: single step right foot only
    Set 4: single step left foot only
    Set 5: skip a step
    Set 6: single step
    -Finish with 800 meter or 5 minute very light jog

    **Also stretch after you finish your workout and drink a serving of our lean post-workout recovery protein RECOVER-D to increase recovery time and prevent lactic acid build-up and soreness**
    NLA Performance: The Choice of Champions
    www.nlaperformance.com
    facebook.com/nlaperformance.com

  2. NLA Performance Athlete
    power205's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    10949
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by NLAFounder View Post
    From NLA Performance Co-Founder and former collegiate Track and Field athlete Justin Matoesian:

    Here is our Cardio workout for January 2, 2013:

    -15 minute jog on flat to slight incline/decline
    -5 60 meter hill sprints (2 minute rest between each sprint)
    -Stadium stair circuit. Repeat the circuit 2 times with 5 minutes rest in between circuits
    **Each set equals 1 full climb up of the stadium stairs you are running**
    Set 1: Single step (focus on quick feet and popping off the balls of your feet)
    Set 2: Skip a step
    Set 3: single step right foot only
    Set 4: single step left foot only
    Set 5: skip a step
    Set 6: single step
    -Finish with 800 meter or 5 minute very light jog

    **Also stretch after you finish your workout and drink a serving of our lean post-workout recovery protein RECOVER-D to increase recovery time and prevent lactic acid build-up and soreness**

    Glad i did Shot Put and Disc cuz no way in hell i running that!!! LOL!!

    The other day i was asked what i did? i said i lift HEAVY WEIGHTS.. The member said what do you do for cardio?? I said i lift HEAVY WEIGHTS faster!!!!


    SFW is P & I style~~




    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!
  3. Board Sponsor
    NLAFounder's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    202103
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    90.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by power205 View Post
    Glad i did Shot Put and Disc cuz no way in hell i running that!!! LOL!!

    The other day i was asked what i did? i said i lift HEAVY WEIGHTS.. The member said what do you do for cardio?? I said i lift HEAVY WEIGHTS faster!!!!


    SFW is P & I style~~




    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    HAHAHA I love it. Mad respect for all my thrower friends. I used to lift with the throwers back at USC and I attribute a lot of my strength gains to lifting with them.
    NLA Performance: The Choice of Champions
    www.nlaperformance.com
    facebook.com/nlaperformance.com
    •   
       

  4. NLA Performance Athlete
    power205's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    10949
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    4.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by NLAFounder View Post
    HAHAHA I love it. Mad respect for all my thrower friends. I used to lift with the throwers back at USC and I attribute a lot of my strength gains to lifting with them.


    Back at you bro!! Would cheer you guys on while eating on the green as you guys flew by!!! lol!!!




    NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved
    NLA PERFORMANCE
    www.nlaperformance.com

    Choice of Champions!!!

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best workout for size and strength?
    By paul3371 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
  2. Cardio before or after workout for fat loss
    By jays23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 09:48 PM
  3. Cardio and post-workout nutrition
    By asavage24 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in