Chuck is mad and wants money
- 12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Chuck is mad and wants money
I dont think he is really mad I just think he needs... well wants some cash...
By Christine Kearney Fri Dec 21, 7:21 PM ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Tough-guy actor and martial arts expert Chuck Norris sued publisher Penguin on Friday over a book he claims unfairly exploits his famous name, based on a satirical Internet list of "mythical facts" about him.
Penguin published "The Truth About Chuck Norris: 400 facts about the World's Greatest Human" in November. Author Ian Spector and two Web sites he runs to promote the book, including www.truthaboutchuck.com, are also named in the suit.
The book capitalizes on "mythical facts" that have been circulating on the Internet since 2005 that poke fun at Norris' tough-guy image and super-human abilities, the suit said.
It includes such humorous "facts" as "Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried" and "Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits," the suit said, as well as "Chuck Norris can charge a cell phone by rubbing it against his beard."
"Some of the 'facts' in the book are racist, lewd or portray Mr. Norris as engaged in illegal activities," the lawsuit alleges.
Norris, who rose to fame in the 1970s and 1980s as the star of such films as "The Delta Force" and "Missing in Action," says the book's title would mislead readers into thinking the facts were true.
"Defendants have misappropriated and exploited Mr. Norris's name and likeness without authorization for their own commercial profit," said the lawsuit.
The suit, filed in Manhattan federal court, seeks unspecified monetary damages for trademark infringement, unjust enrichment and privacy rights.
Norris, whose real name is Carlos Ray Norris, claims in the suit he is protective of what his name is associated with. He has recently made U.S. headlines for backing Republican presidential candidate former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.
A spokesman for Penguin, owned by Britain's Pearson, was not immediately available for comment.
(Editing by Michelle Nichols and Todd Eastham)
- 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't you? I mean they are trying to make money off of his name. 100 Facts on John Smith wouldn't exactly sell the same. He should sue.
- 12-22-2007, 08:32 PM
12-22-2007, 09:09 PM
12-22-2007, 10:30 PM
12-24-2007, 01:38 PM
12-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Chuck Norris jogs for 20 miles every morning. Not to stay in shape, but to keep the earth rotating...
12-26-2007, 11:55 AM
He is only doing this because Chuck Norris can judge a book by its cover.
Chuck Norris won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a 7 of spades and a green UNO card.
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
12-26-2007, 01:03 PM
America is not a Democracy, its a Chucktatorship.
Chuck Norris can clog the toilet when he pees.
Chuck Norris put the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
12-26-2007, 06:07 PM
You don't tell me to chill you Snuggle hater! Don't make me reach back and grab a whole lotta pimp slap.
12-26-2007, 06:21 PM
12-26-2007, 07:13 PM
- When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
- Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
- Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.
- Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
- Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.
- Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
- Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost
12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
01-03-2008, 06:08 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By 5ft5andalive in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM
- By JCunningham in forum AnabolicsReplies: 27Last Post: 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
- By EasyEJL in forum PoliticsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
- By orangutan in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 03-13-2009, 05:48 AM
- By garyrabbit in forum General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:41 PM