Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Question Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

Cnorris here is your chance to serve your country, I support you being drafted 100%

2. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.07%

Romney's boys too!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.83%

oh puuuhlease. sure a draft would be easy to fill boots, but the military doesn't want a draft because a person is born a solder or marine.. you cant make them. Where were your posts about the draft when your democrat "leaders" were calling for one...

I personally think there should be some sort of draft. Some sort of military or home land service that you do for your country. I have given 2 years of my life to help total strangers and I loved every minute of it. Makes you really poud to see your countrymen come together..
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

2 years of service to the military, civil service or some other type of 'for the people' work should be mandatory for everyone.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.69%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    2 years of service to the military, civil service or some other type of 'for the people' work should be mandatory for everyone.
    That sounds like commie propaganda.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    oh puuuhlease. Where were your posts about the draft when your democrat "leaders" were calling for one...

Well, mainly because i have only been posting here since 2005 !

the "draft talk" only gets so much play when there is not a war

Makes you really poud to see your countrymen come together..
    Hey, I'm as "poud" as the next guy
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.83%

actually.. the new york sen. and congressmen have been trying to get a draft vote for the past 2 years.. this past winter he was up there spewing his trash about it... trying to sneak it into a bill etc..
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sounds like, learn to appreciate what you have, propaganda. tiberius, why don't you explain to me what you think 'commie propaganda' is while you're at it.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.83%

i thought commie prop was "universal health care" hummmm
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.95%

yeah me too.

and I agree, some people are just more inclined to serve, and they are the better soldiers. Just like some people feel the call to be firemen, police, community/township servers. And I fully applaud. It is a big reason I am becoming an engineer - to help people by making everyday things better and safer.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.69%

Sounds like, learn to appreciate what you have, propaganda. tiberius, why don't you explain to me what you think 'commie propaganda' is while you're at it.

Commie propaganda is "do it for the benefit of the many" talk. "Serve the people" crap. "The people will benefit from your sacrifice."

Capitalist mentality is "if I don't benefit, I'm not going to do it." And I'm proud to be a capitalist.

As for universal healthcare, it makes mroe financial sense due to non-payers. I've explained before. In a private healthcare system, no matter how awesome it is, there will be non-payers. When a patient is rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment, such as a gunshot wound, the hospital doesnot have time to verify whether or not they can pay. They could be Donald Trump or Bob the homeless guy. They have now way of verifying in time. If they tried to, the person would die before verification was returned. Thus they treat first and ask questions later.

Inevitably this treat first policy leads to non-payers. But there is no alternative. If they waited to verify funds, then rich folks would die and we'll have none of that, thank you very much.

When people don't pay their hospital bill, the hospital is forced to pass costs on to everyone else. This in turn makes it so even more cannot afford treatment and become non-payers.

The other source of non-payers is insurance claim denials. These have been on the rise since the approval of HMOs. It has been made easier to deny claims, and makes sense for an HMO to do so. For some of those who are insured, fighting the claim denial is impossible due to incapacitation. Insurance company SOP is to deny nearly all claims for terminal illnesses outright. Treatment was already given, but not many can afford to pay for it. This results in non-payers with MASSIVE bills. These massive bills must be passed on to everyone else. In addition to increasing hospital costs, the increased hospital costs drive insurance premiums up. This in turn results in more who cannot afford insurance (or can only afford lower plan) and thus further increases the population of non-payers. Cycle repeats.

This cycle has been going on now for some 20+ years and we're now seeing the end result. Healthcare costs have skyrocketed, fewer and fewer have insurance, insurance premiums have gone through the roof, and even the best plans coverage decreases constantly.

It has gotten to the point where it would be many many many times cheaper to pay extra taxes for UHC than it does to pay for insurance for my employees. As a capitalist, I support what makes me the most money. UHC would mean a lot more money for my bottom line and so I support it.

Plus UHC is cheaper cus there are no non-payers.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%

Anabolicrhino's 3 point plan to solve todays problems

1)How bout free universal health care for anyone who serves their countrymen in the military or civil service government ?

2)Automatic government service for all immigrants, this way the could get their free health care and wouldn't have to feel so guilty about it, tag on a financial stipend and GI bill mortgage allocation at the end of any military service and presto if you live you can be a US home owner or get a higher education!

3) How about an all "prisoner" military, it would solve overcrowding in the prisons and might even cut down on crime and nobody would complain if they were killed in action !

vote for me 2008 !!!
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino View Post
    [U]

3) How about an all "prisoner" military, it would solve overcrowding in the prisons and might even cut down on crime and nobody would complain if they were killed in action !
    How about a Convict Expeditionary Force? The top 10% or so most hardy and ruthless trained and led by Green Berets to occupy the Afghani/Paki Border Badlands.

After they clean out the Taliban and finally catch Osama, we extract the Snake Eaters and nuke the area before the Crooks use the control of the Poppy Trade against us.

It's doable, might want to bring in the French Foreign Legion in as well, they have the experience of retooling and retasking misfits to die in worthless places as throwaway assets.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.41%

Sounds like a nobel idea from a humanitarian standpoint. However in practice, I think due to our country's class system, the rich kids would be getting their pics taken in the cockpit of a parked figther jet, while the rest of us would be fighting in a war or building houses.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

Of course it isn't as simple as a two sentence statement but the point I was trying to make is that people would have a much better understanding of a lot of issues if they got on the ground and gave back into the system that many take for granted.

Commie propaganda is "do it for the benefit of the many" talk. "Serve the people" crap. "The people will benefit from your sacrifice."

Capitalist mentality is "if I don't benefit, I'm not going to do it." And I'm proud to be a capitalist.
    Call me a Commie then. I don't believe that helping out the masses while enjoying the benefits from the same system is anything to shy away from. I'm glad that I have not met many people like you in my years of 'gasp!' civil service.
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%

Quote Originally Posted by bigSMokey View Post
    Sounds like a nobel idea from a humanitarian standpoint. However in practice, I think due to our country's class system, the rich kids would be getting their pics taken in the cockpit of a parked figther jet, while the rest of us would be fighting in a war or building houses.
    This ironically references Bush.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.69%

Of course it isn't as simple as a two sentence statement but the point I was trying to make is that people would have a much better understanding of a lot of issues if they got on the ground and gave back into the system that many take for granted.

Call me a Commie then. I don't believe that helping out the masses while enjoying the benefits from the same system is anything to shy away from. I'm glad that I have not met many people like you in my years of 'gasp!' civil service.
    Perhaps you have. Your boss calls them boss.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

You think I take insult that there are people out there that are above me in the workforce? I think you have the wrong guy. Plus my Boss' boss is still in the civil service and right up the chain. So your intended insult doesn't even make any sense.

Is this where you come in and show me pictures of your house, car and bank statement to make me feel bad about my pathetic, service oriented life? Those that you seem to look down on are the same people that provide the ability to have the comforts you allude to having.

Plus, in the end, I still have the ability to ban your ass when I get tired of listening to your crap and another board warrior without a clue will go down the drain and the rest of us will keep on truckin'.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%

yeah Canada will get really crowded again. LOL
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  281 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.35%

Plus, in the end, I still have the ability to ban your ass when I get tired of listening to your crap and another board warrior without a clue will go down the drain and the rest of us will keep on truckin'.

you are SOOOOOO sexy when you`re mad! HAHAHAHAHA
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It's mandatory service in Israel for men and women, you dont hear them complaining because theyre surrounded by enemies. The more the merrier!
  22. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

You think I take insult that there are people out there that are above me in the workforce? I think you have the wrong guy. Plus my Boss' boss is still in the civil service and right up the chain. So your intended insult doesn't even make any sense.

Is this where you come in and show me pictures of your house, car and bank statement to make me feel bad about my pathetic, service oriented life? Those that you seem to look down on are the same people that provide the ability to have the comforts you allude to having.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.69%

I'm not trying to make you feel bad about your service at all. I just take serious offense to anyone that thinks forcing "civil service" on anyone is ok. VOLUNTEERING to do civil service is altruistic. Being FORCED into civil service and told to "like it" is communist bullcrap.

Not everyone holds your views. Not everyone gives a crap about "the greater good." Human beings have a selfish streak; some more than others. What one finds in a Capitalist system however is that frequently, that selfishness inevitably results in benefit for all. Greedy people want to make money. They make money by selling something a lot of people want. Thus they provide the public with something valuable and get rewarded for it. The motivation is selfishness, the end result is benefit for all.

It doesn't work in all systems, there are some where a certain amount of government intervention is necessary in order to prevent abuse. Fire departments and security are good examples. National defense is another.

Civil service positions have their purpose. But civil service is by no means for everyone. It is also naive to think that just because someone has never bothered with civil service that they have never done anything to benefit society. One can still benefit themselves even when doing something that benefits society as a whole. One can benefit tremendously in fact while benefitting society as a whole tremendously.

Forcing people into civil service will not necessarily benefit society. For example, if you force the CEO of a pharmaceutical company to do a few months of community service each year, you are taking him/her away from a job that would benefit millions of Americans in exhcange for making him do something that might benefit a handful or at most a few hundred.

On top of that, forcing people to do civil service will not give them "a greater appreciation for their country"; it will do the opposite in the vast majority of cases. Unless coupled with brainwashing and massive propaganda campaigns, it will instill a greater DISsatisfaction with their nation.

Anyway, so as I said, civil service is fine as a voluntary thing. It should REMAIN voluntary.

MOD EDIT: I don't give 2 ****s what you think is lame.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Worth the look, help a future competitor out
    By ShreddedT in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
  2. My Last Cycle, want to make it worth it. Look OK?
    By pstiles in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
  3. Worth a Look
    By Jag in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:53 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 08:53 PM
  5. pres bush will be on at 10:15pm...war
    By BigAl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3