lance armstrong admitts to juicing

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong admitted in 1996 he took banned drugs including EPO when he was receiving cancer treatment, according to a Friday report in the French daily LeMonde.

Lance Armstrong retired from cycling after winning his seventh Tour title last July. (Friedemann Vogel / Getty Images)
"According to new testimonies gathered from October 2005 to January 2006 by a court in Dallas, the seven-time Tour de France winner told a Indiana University Hospital doctor on October 28, 1996 he had taken performance-enhancing drugs," Le Monde said.

"The doctor questioned him on a possible use of doping products after his brain surgery in order to prescribe his post-surgery treatment.

"In front of (former teammate) Frankie Andreu and his wife, who have testified under oath in Dallas, Armstrong said he had taken EPO, testosterone, growth hormones and cortisone."

Reuters reported on the French story Friday and tried unsuccessfully to contact the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, for comment.

Armstrong has consistently and steadfastly denied taking banned substances. He retired from competitive cycling after winning his seventh Tour title last July.

"The doctor started by asking ordinary questions. And then, all of a sudden, 'have you taken doping products? And he answers 'yes'. Then he (the doctor) asks which ones. And Lance goes: 'EPO, growth hormones, cortisone, steroids, testosterone," Betsey Andreu, a former friend of Armstrong's, reportedly said in court according to Le Monde.

As the Reuters report points out, EPO stands for erythropoietin, and it is known to increase blood's oxygen-carrying capacity. That makes it especially valuable for cyclists, cross-country skiers and distance runners.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
The other 10 people in the room including the doctor who asked the question all DENY that he admitted doping.

In a sworn affidavit, Dr. Craig Nichols said he and other medical personnel visited with Armstrong that day about his medical history before he started chemotherapy.

Nichols was one of doctors treating Armstrong at Indiana University Medical Center. He is now the chair of hematology-oncology at Oregon Health and Sciences University.

``Lance Armstrong never admitted, suggested or indicated that he has ever taken performance-enhancing drugs. Had this been disclosed to me, I would have recorded it, or been aware of it, as a pertinent aspect of Lance Armstrong's past medical history as I always do,'' Nichols said.

``Had I been present at any such 'confession,' I would most certainly have vividly recalled the fact,'' Nichols said. ``I would have recorded such a confession as a matter of form, as indeed, would have my colleagues. None was recorded.''

The court was hearing a case brought by Armstrong against a company that withheld a bonus for his 2004 Tour win because a book alleged that he used performance-enhancers.

After hearing the evidence, including the Andreus' testimony, the three-member arbitration panel ruled against the company and ordered it to pay Armstrong.

Le Monde said that Frankie Andreu, who raced with Armstrong for the first two of his Tour wins in 1999 and 2000, gave a similar deposition last October, also alleging that Armstrong told the doctor that he used EPO, testosterone, growth hormone and cortisone.

But the newspaper said the Andreus' account was denied by a third person, Stephanie McIlvain, a friend of Armstrong's who supposedly was also at the session with the doctor. She testified that she did not hear Armstrong make such an admission, Le Monde said.

``There were probably 10 people in the room. Betsy was apparently the only one that recalls this alleged incident,'' Herman said.

In his own defense, Armstrong said in a November deposition to the court that no doctor had asked him whether he had used doping products, according to the newspaper. It said Armstrong also told the court that Betsy Andreu hated him and that Frankie Andreu had gone along with her account to offer her support.

Herman said he has 280 pages of medical records from Indiana University Medical Center, where Armstrong was treated for his cancer, that had spread to his brain, that refute the allegations.

Armstrong's doctors repeatedly asked him during his treatment about substances he may have taken and Armstrong answered only that he occasionally drank beer, Herman said.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
wow poor lance, im glad hes alive i hope he didnt dope to win the tour tho, cause he is more than an athlete hes an icon of stregth and perseverence and he does good work through livestrong. On the other hand maybe other cancer patients could investigate the possible benefits of "doping" to survive or improve quality of life.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't there video of Armstrong's assistants dumping trash miles away from his residence in Europe one cycling season?

Anyhow, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit. There is no hard evidence that Lance doped, and we ought to just leave it at that (although my personal opinion was that he did use to some extent).

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The other 10 people in the room including the doctor who asked the question all DENY that he admitted doping.
Yep that is right.

So a French paper who has been trying to discredit Armstrong for 6 years says that testimony TESTIMONY FROM WHO????????????// Notice they do NOT name anyone. Meanwhile 10 people with actual names and faces say that story is a bunch of lies.

Bush is still looking for WMD and the French are still looking for anabolic steroids in Armstrong.

The French are pizzed because an American keeps winning their race. Hey the US lost the baseball world championship you don't see us crying foul.

The French just have to get over it. If it wasn't for the US the French News Paper Le Monde(BTW our LeMonde won their little bike race too :)) would be called the German News. :twisted:

CROWLER

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i like lance more now

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It doesn't mean he never doped. It just means that the accusers are not credible. Only Lance (and if he did dope, his supplier) knows the truth.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
The french have short memories....And they REALLY pizz me off!!!!After saying that this old man will cut back on his MEDS.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
The french have short memories....And they REALLY pizz me off!!!!After saying that this old man will cut back on his MEDS.
Hey Ageless,

You want any French military weapons?

They are in ALMOST perfect condition, never been fired, just dropped once ;)

CROWLER

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Hey Ageless,

You want any French military weapons?

They are in ALMOST perfect condition, never been fired, just dropped once ;)

CROWLER
the french have a special built tank...6 gears in reverse, 1 in forward just in case they get attacked in the rear.

sorry to get off topic..but i needed to unload LOL

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The French just have to get over it. If it wasn't for the US the French News Paper Le Monde(BTW our LeMonde won their little bike race too :)) would be called the German News. :twisted:

CROWLER
lmfao. Gotta love there attempts to play off a hot topic to bring deisgrace to man who dominates there one glorified sporting even in the for front of world attention (atleast for some part of the year)

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Arguments against the matter from other members on aother board:

Two big problems here

1) The report is French, and they hate him more than anything because he goes to their country to puts them to open shame.

2) Lance never admitted to using performance enhancing drugs. Period.

Basically, the French are saying, "We are telling you that someone in Dallas told someone in a court that they heard someone say..."

Lance was tested more frequently than any other cyclist during the Tours de France. From my memory, the only thing that appeared abnormal was his RBC count, so they accused him of using EPO. However, it wasn't out of range for a well-trained endurance althete who trains in the mountains.

And this stupid country, France, and the French daily LeMonde, have been after Armstrong for years. None of the alligations have had any merit. If it is found that his cancer treatment involved steroids, or banned substances that is one thing. If he was following a course of treatment to save his life, I can't condemn the man. If the substances he took back then were legal then and not now. Oh well, live with it. If he was taking illegal or banned substances while competeing then he should face the music. Since nothing has been found, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think that France just can't stand to see this guy succeed.

This is what Lance has put out and, as usual, money is involved! Seems that the accuser is the only one, out of several people in the room, that recalls the "admission". Not to mention it was just 3 days after brain surgery! I am more skeptical now...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
i like lance more now
Haha, me too!

But, its pretty much this simple. Many, many, MANY athletes in many sports benifit from "performance enhancing drugs" therefore they will use them!!!! The best in teh world are those who are genetically gifted AND chemically enhanced.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
You have to take anything LeMond says about Lance with a grain of salt, he has been accusing him of doping since he came back, almost like a jealous little girl. Don't get me wrong I liked LeMond, spent many a July in France watching him get beat down by Indurian, but it has been a regular soap opera watching him whine about Lance doping. I personnally think most of the riders do something, whether it's EPO or something else designer, but thats jmo!

4thAD

Awards
Wasn't there video of Armstrong's assistants dumping trash miles away from his residence in Europe one cycling season?

Anyhow, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit. There is no hard evidence that Lance doped, and we ought to just leave it at that (although my personal opinion was that he did use to some extent).

HAHAHA LMAO that brings back memories! If lance was taking something while trying to get better or while recovering under the care of a doc, it shouldnt even be an issue!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Soap Opera's never end!

Armstrong: LeMond's charges 'ridiculous'
By The Associated Press
This report filed June 26, 2006
Lance Armstrong denied Monday that he threatened three-time Tour de France champion Greg LeMond, calling the allegation "ridiculous."

"Greg is just not in check with reality," Armstrong said Monday from New York City. "It's ridiculous. Greg is obsessed with foiling my career. I'm apoplectic when I read stuff like that."

LeMond was the first American to win the Tour de France with victories in 1986 and 1989-90. Armstrong came back from life-threatening testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain to win seven in a row, from 1999 to 2005, before retiring last year.

LeMond told the French weekly edition of L'Equipe that he had testified in a recent legal dispute involving Armstrong.

"He threatened my wife, my business, my life," LeMond told the newspaper. "His biggest threat consisted of saying he would find 10 people to testify that I took EPO. Of course, he didn't find a single one."

America's two most famous cyclists have had a public feud since 2001, when LeMond said he was unhappy about Armstrong's association with Italian doctor Michele Ferrari, who had been linked to doping accusations but later was cleared by an appeals court.

Armstrong cut ties with Ferrari before the 2005 Tour.

Armstrong was involved in a battle over a $5 million performance bonus owed to him after winning the Tour de France in 2004. Dallas-based SCA Promotions had withheld the money under allegations Armstrong was doping, which he denied.

After three weeks of testimony from dozens of witnesses, the three-member arbitration panel ruled in Armstrong's favor and ordered the company to pay him $7.5 million.

Betsy Andreu, the wife of Armstrong's former teammate, Frankie Andreu, claimed that Armstrong, days after he underwent brain surgery in 1996, told a doctor he had used the blood-boosting hormone EPO and other drugs. Frankie Andreu gave similar testimony before the panel.

Armstrong denied those claims and his lawyer released an affidavit from the doctor who led his chemotherapy treatments saying there is no medical record of any such admission.

"I would have recorded such a confession as a matter of form, as indeed, would have my colleagues," Dr. Craig Nichols said. "None was recorded."

Armstrong, who has shifted his career to promoting cancer research since retiring from cycling, said he would continue to aggressively fight allegations he used performance-enhancing drugs.

"We have won them all," Armstrong said. "I never run from anything. If you've got stuff to hide, you wouldn't do like I've done."

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Pardon me but lance DOES juice.. its totally obvious... the other week he was on TV talking all the forms of "juice" he takes.. he even makes it himself.... he seems to really like Orange Banana the best.. other times he has been known to juice apples with grape... so all of you people defending mr Armstrong.. with you rubber band arm things.. just know.. HE DOES JUICE!

sorry i had to

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
my gf usually makes me raise my hand if i am going to start telling a joke.. so she knows when she has to fake laugh at me to make me feel better... if i had that emoicon i would have used it :-(

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
my gf usually makes me raise my hand if i am going to start telling a joke.. so she knows when she has to fake laugh at me to make me feel better... if i had that emoicon i would have used it :-(
Was this what you were looking for? :FUfinger:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
From what I've seen of your posts...I believe her.

j/k :D