yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Coach, principals cleared in creatine controversy
Lucy Owen
Of the Suburban Journals
Jefferson County Journal
Sunday, May. 07 2006

Two Hillsboro High School administrators and the football coach have been cleared of allegations they allowed football players to use nutritional supplements on school grounds.

The allegations led to the dismissals of Principal Cheryl Aylesworth, Assistant Principal Al Boulicault, and football coach Mike Genge, whose contracts were not renewed by the school board in March.

Superintendent Randy Charles said Tuesday that two of the three have been rehired by the board, which had voted 4-1 on March 20 not to renew their contracts. Voting to oust the trio were George Engelbach, Jason Law, Charles "Bo" Harrison and Rich Sanders. Two other board members did not attend that
meeting.

During the April 24 meeting, members voted 6-1 to rehire Aylesworth, with Harrison as the lone no vote. The board voted 4-3 to rehire Genge, with Harrison, Sanders, and Ed Kriska voting no.

Boulicault's contract was not renewed, but his name was cleared of allegations that he allowed the use of nutritional supplements.

A statement by Charles on behalf of the board said Aylesworth, Boulicault and Genge "have not committed any misconduct with respect to nutritional supplements and any possible use thereof by students… Said individuals have not been considered by the board to have in anyway permitted or participated in any
presence or use of nutritional supplements at the school."

Before the April 4 election, four board members voted not to renew the contracts of the principals and coach because they believed those individuals had promoted or allowed the use of the supplement creatine. The administrators said there were no rules or actions banning the substances from the school and
asked the board to create one, but the board never did.

Creatine is banned by the Missouri State High School Activities Association as a performance enhancing substance.

The controversy led to a student walkout in March after the board decision was announced and shook up the April election. Two of the four board members who voted to oust the coach and administrators, Engelbach and Law, were not reelected.

After the election, newly elected board members said they would review the previous board's decision and revote on contract renewals for Genge, Aylesworth and Boulicault. However, voting was delayed when the trio threatened to take legal action against the school board if their names were not cleared.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i do not even know what to say, creatine is banned as a perforance enhancing substance? are these fvckers aware how much creatine is in a piece of steak?

absolutely unbelievable

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Creatine hysteria in the heartland.

S

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just want to bash some heads in right now, must be the roid rage kicking in from too much creatine, you know thats a side effect, didnt you? along with your **** falling off, both happened to a friend of mine.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Ignorance running wild in school. Oh the irony. Doesn't the school have a nutrionalist or doctor with background to substatiate the coaches claims? :rolleyes:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the coaches need to file a discrimination lawsuit against the school because they are selling protein in the lunch room.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Creatine hysteria in the heartland.
You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go :think:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
You'd figure with the Meth problem there, creatine and other supplements would be the least of their worries...apparently not. Things that make you go :think:
Yes, that is quite odd....but I'm sure it made everyone feel good to ban this dangerous performance enhancing substance.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Well my doctor things that creatine is a steroid(old doc).
Thats pretty dense for being a doctor and all. I mean didnt they have "intro to endocrinology" or something, back when he went to school? That's embarassing to put it nicely.:rolleyes:

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like it's not totally the school boards ignorance. But also the state's ignorance. They passed a law forbiding nutritional supps in school.

I cant imagine why something like passing a law could be allowed to be accomplished with so little look-see in to the matter in wich they are making a change about. All these unhealthy kids w/ abysmal dietary habits, alot of them smokers and rec drug users, and they want to focus on ridding the school's of things that could improve the health of their students.
O.M.Mother.F'n.G! What the hell are they thinking? Stuff thats found in food! And stuff that most kids probably dont eat enough of to boot.
Protien, creatine, amino acids. Are vitamins and minerals banned too?

Why dont they just ban vaccinations, nurse/doctor visits, bandaids, water, winter coats and cough drops, and anything else that might improve or stabalize the health of the students. Drinking water will improve the performance of a half dead from dehydration kid. Better ban it, or they might be well nourished enough to stand up in gym class.

If it's not mentioned in the Old Testament, then it's an afront to God's will.

P

phasar

Awards
  • Established
That is soooo gay. I had a HOOYGE yub of Cell-Tech (I know...I was young) in my locker almost entirely throughout HS.
hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
hehee. that's pretty funny. the way you stated it. man. celltech was the single most painfully sweet tasting drink i've ever drank in my life. it tasted like pouring down 12 packets of sugar into a 250ml cup of water, mixing and forcing the whole thing down. uggghhhh.
and to top it off, both my burps and farts smelled like rotten eggs the whole time I was "on" it.