Armed militants angered by a cartoon

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
GAZA CITY — Armed militants angered by a cartoon drawing of the Prophet Muhammad published in European newspapers surrounded EU offices in Gaza on Thursday and threatened to kidnap foreigners as outrage over the caricatures spread across the Islamic world. More than 300 students demonstrated in Pakistan, chanting "Death to France!" and "Death to Denmark!" — two of the countries where newspapers published the drawings. Other protests were held in Syria and Lebanon, while officials in Afghanistan, Iran and Indonesia condemned the publication. In Paris, the daily France Soir fired its managing editor after it ran the caricatures Wednesday.
A Jordanian newspaper took the bold step of running some of the drawings, saying it wanted to show its readers how offensive the cartoons were, although its editor also said he did not want "to promote such blasphemy." In an editorial, it also urged the world's Muslims to "be reasonable."
Foreign journalists, diplomats and aid workers began leaving Gaza as gunmen there threatened to kidnap citizens of France, Norway, Denmark and Germany unless those governments apologize for the cartoon.
Gunmen in the West Bank city of Nablus entered four hotels to search for foreigners to abduct and warned their owners not to host guests from several European countries. Gunmen said they were also searching apartments in Nablus for Europeans.

HAHAHA France spent more time and money kissing up to islamists .. look where ignorance now gets them

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is all Bush's fault and the direct result of Imperialist American foreign aggression!!!:hammer: :icon_lol:

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
this is just too stupid for words. reality will always be much funnier & much sadder than fiction could ever hope (not) to be.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
this is like human funny papers..i would expect something like this from the far side comics....

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Just another example of the measley 1% of Muslims who are wacko sucking all the media attention away from all the good Muslims. :nono:

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if only the 99% muslim have the gut to tell that 1% muslim to STFU... that would have taken care of the situation, wouldn't it?

miked512

Awards
It is hysterical. It is difficult as hell to find the cartoons they're all up in arms about. I found two and well, I'll give a link to those if any of those people care.

I want the rest though.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
the one had muhammad in heaven with a bomb saying to someone.."should we tell them we are running out of virgins?"

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
It's more than just 1% of the religion of peace that is running buck wild right now.

Yahoo is reporting that there are protests in Egypt, London, England, Morrocco, Iraq...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
My tongue was firmly placed against the side of my cheek when I posted about the 1% crap.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
My tongue was firmly placed against the side of my cheek when I posted about the 1% crap.
I can't tell with your post. I thought you were serious.

Anyhow, I wonder if anybody will get stampeded???

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
well most should be mad about it and protest... but the 1% want to kidnap people

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
These people are fu*king crazy. Im starting to think they're a completley subset of the human race that just cant grasp the reality they live in.

BV

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
they seem to refuse to leave the dark ages. (& want to drag us there too)

satchmo23

Awards
What's going to be even more sad is when all those countries pucker up once again and kiss these radical's asses. I for one would rather be kidnapped than have no spine.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I can't tell with your post. I thought you were serious.

Anyhow, I wonder if anybody will get stampeded???
Sorry, I sometimes forget i'm just typing and you can't see my expression or hear the sarcasm in my voice. LOL

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What's going to be even more sad is when all those countries pucker up once again and kiss these radical's asses. I for one would rather be kidnapped than have no spine.
And I would rather wipe them off the planet that allow anyone to be kidnapped:)

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Religion sure is a powerful tool. It seems like a good idea when you can convice a murder or rapist that if he is born again god will forgive him. Shitty when some lunatics interpret it as ok to cut the heads off of innocent people.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...they're born and bred ignorant and militant in these crazy countries, so I cant blame the peoplmals over there too much (yeah, I know...I just made a word up :lol: )....But, what truly sickens me is exactly what you just highlighted...the fact that the people in charge of the most powerful nations on the planet bend over backward to appease a bunch of assholes who are literally trying to bring us back to the dark-ages...and WHY do our leaders do this?!?!

satchmo23

Awards
Exactly...they're born and bred ignorant and militant in these crazy countries, so I cant blame the peoplmals over there too much (yeah, I know...I just made a word up :lol: )....But, what truly sickens me is exactly what you just highlighted...the fact that the people in charge of the most powerful nations on the planet bend over backward to appease a bunch of assholes who are literally trying to bring us back to the dark-ages...and WHY do our leaders do this?!?!
They do it for the same reason all leaders have allowed aggressors to do what they pleased throughout history... They're cowards, spineless cowards.

They would rather live in fear and trepidation than risk dying with honor. Every once in a while someone will get a pair and print something like those articles but they're kinda like that loud mouth at the bar who runs their mouth but when you threaten to smack em in the teeth they tuck tail and run instead of backing up what they said. The only time these guys will put up a fight is when they have no choice and then all the sudden they're America's best friend again.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see the cartoon. I've looked for it, but pages will not come up. Protesting something you don't agree with is fine. Kidnapping Innocent civilians should only bring them swift death from a well placed shot.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Exactly...they're born and bred ignorant and militant in these crazy countries, so I cant blame the peoplmals over there too much (yeah, I know...I just made a word up )....But, what truly sickens me is exactly what you just highlighted...the fact that the people in charge of the most powerful nations on the planet bend over backward to appease a bunch of assholes who are literally trying to bring us back to the dark-ages...and WHY do our leaders do this?!?!
Its pathetic - these militant asshol*s have had millenia to catch up with modern society. Its one of the freaking 'cradles of human civilization' for christ's sake! They've been here longer than all of us!

And still they'd rather live in **** and fear than just respect others and get on with their business. Im not saying they have to be American - just stop hating everyone who isnt a damn muslim extreemist.

They've had enough time to get their heads out of their collective asses.

BV

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Its pathetic - these militant asshol*s have had millenia to catch up with modern society. Its one of the freaking 'cradles of human civilization' for christ's sake! They've been here longer than all of us!
so true. call me a "americas the best" kind of person if you wish, but it's not too amazing to me that of all the "cradles of human civilization" (explained well in guns germs and steel) america made it out as powerful as it did, blowing others away. all this said.... america is going to lose it and is sllighty already losing it (IMO), if they keep being "pussies".

miked512

Awards
LOL, the reason we're all a bunch of pussies is because relicide (I made it up) is supposedly unjustifiable. Is it fair to wipe out a whole slew of people because their interpretations of their religion cause them to be a bunch of dark age wanna live in fanatics?

Well, maybe. It worked for the branch davidians. It could probably work for crazy muslims too.

There's no "good" way to solve the problem. By the way, I did find all 12 cartoons and I'm just saying to myself "So this is what these dumbasses are upset about? If only I could go back in time ..."

http://www.courrierinternational.com/dessins/galeriedessin.asp?dos_id=2295&provenance=europe

Warning, the captions are in Danish and to make it even worse, the Danish is translated to French. The cartoons are hilarious but aren't even anything to be upset about. I think these idiots just want a holy war.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL...the violence is escalating. Wow... I hate to laugh at this, but, there is only one way to make an idealist moron wake up. You beat him over the head with reality until his eyes are crossed. :lol:

miked512

Awards
LOL...the violence is escalating. Wow... I hate to laugh at this, but, there is only one way to make an idealist moron wake up. You beat him over the head with reality until his eyes are crossed. :lol:
LOL, like this? :icon_lol:

I think nuclear weapons are better.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Beyond that, they are very upset that the cartoons appeared to link the prophet to terrorism. They believe that the West is labeling all Arabs as terrorists after 9/11.
And they're doing a great job at changing that with their insane display of behavior OVER A FREAKING CARTOON!

Honestly, maybe the people who printed those cartoons should just apologize and get it over with. Think about it - if you said something to a stranger, no matter how innocent, and he took some kind of rabid offence to it - I'd apologize just because I offended the guy's sensibilities (no matter how absurd). By acting like a bunch of pre-neanderthalithic animals the muslim extreemists aren't doing themselves any good...but if somebody gets hurt or killed when all the Dutch government has to do is say a simply "sorry" - well that's pretty lame too.

BV

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
And they're doing a great job at changing that with their insane display of behavior OVER A FREAKING CARTOON!
Didn't help when a large portion of the middle eastern muslim were dancing in teh streets, chanting and handing out candy as soon as they heard the news of 9/11.

I say to them, keep it coming. I'd rather know the truth so I don't feel so bad when something awful happens....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
but if somebody gets hurt or killed when all the Dutch government has to do is say a simply "sorry" - well that's pretty lame too.

BV
The Dutch government shouldn't have to say anything, they're not responsible for it.

Can you imagine how things would be if the tables were turned?

*Theoretical Breaking News!*
Arabs run debasing cartoons about westernized christians; christians riot, burn down hotels / embassy's, and chant death to the middle east by the millions. Christians swear violence against muslims over the cartoons if the governments of those countries do not apologize for private organizations thiking they had some sort of freedom of speech.

Yeah...

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
....They've had enough time to get their heads out of their collective asses....
what? and wake up to the reality that their corrupt tyrants, oppressive religion, crazy ayatollahs are the REAL cause of all their misery, backwardation, and degradation?? :hammer: :bow28:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The Dutch government shouldn't have to say anything, they're not responsible for it.

Can you imagine how things would be if the tables were turned?

*Theoretical Breaking News!*
Arabs run debasing cartoons about westernized christians; christians riot, burn down hotels / embassy's, and chant death to the middle east by the millions. Christians swear violence against muslims over the cartoons if the governments of those countries do not apologize for private organizations thiking they had some sort of freedom of speech.

Yeah...
Yeah, you've got a point there...the crazier they get the less tolerance the world will have for them. I guess I'd rather give a little in the name of a peaceful outcome, but with these manical zealots it seems that any act of kindness is taken for weakness.

I'd just hate to see an innocent person die at the hands of these maggots - the violence seems to be escalating you know its only a matter of time until they kidnap someone.

BV

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
this bothers me.. they all rally around because of a cartoon that insults their religion.. but why dont they when their own people insult their religion by suicide bombing.. chopping off reporters heads.. etc

devil

Awards
The hypocricy of these people via their response to these cartoons is ridiculous. Newspapers in the Arab world routinly run cartoons that mock and degrade Jews. The Palestinians are some of the worst offenders. In 2001 a Palestinian newspaper ran a photo of a donkey wearing a Jewish prayer shawl. Yet you did not see massive Jewish riots and protests.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I dont even think its about the cartoons anymore. These people are just looking for a reason to kill those that they hate. And that's everyone who isnt like them.

Honestly, these muslim extreemists are shaping up to be on par, or worse, than the Nazi's.

BV

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
quick question.. who do you think is giving all these people denmark's flag... i just saw at least 300 of them being burned.. government sponcered protest maybe???

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
could be homemade - Denmark's flag wouldnt be hard to fabricate.

satchmo23

Awards
quick question.. who do you think is giving all these people denmark's flag... i just saw at least 300 of them being burned.. government sponcered protest maybe???
Excellent observation I didn't think about that one. Oh and since all these governments are apologizing to Denmark and all the other countries for their creatures, I mean citizens behavior, why aren't they burning their own flags and sacking their own political buildings? Kudos to the governments who are pubicly apologizing and declaring how disgraced they are by their peoples actions. Likewise kudos to any European nation who holds their ground and doesn't apologize. It'll be a real shame if the U.S. uses this to gain political clout in the muslim world by further condeming any free speech actions on their part.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
:yawn:

I really think the only way to stop these people is to kill them.
Unfortunately I agree. These people are spreading like a bad disease, and I think we need to wipe em out.

scienceboy

Awards
they seem to refuse to leave the dark ages. (& want to drag us there too)
historically speaking they dragged your ass out of the dark ages. i would recommend you read the history of the renaissance.

devil

Awards
Its true that they did trigger the European renaissance. However, to compare the Islamic culture of that time with what's going on in conteporary Islam is ridiculous.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Screw it kill 'em all, these extremists can't be allowed to live in a modern society. Yeah we may kill innocent people in the process but all I got to say is 3,000 Americans were freaking slaughtered in those towers and those bastards were celebrating as if they actually did get 72 virgins, that I will never forget.

Funny how Europe tried all this appeasement bullshit and it hasn't gotten them anywhere, kinda remniscint of how they allowed Hitler to get away with invading countries.

Puerto Rico

Awards
they all need JESUS the only true GOD,,every other god is the product of man's imagination,with the help of satan,clouding there mind's,so they won't come to the true GOD JESUSCHRIST JOHN 8:32 THEN YOU WILL NOW THE TRUTH,AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
methusaleh General Chat 0
General Chat 2
Post Cycle Therapy 0
BadSeed Anabolics 3
Politics 84