Benefits of Walking

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.61%

Benefits of Walking

Walking can make your muscles quite responsive, which helps the glucose to work within your cells & not to accumulate in your blood. Itís able to avert the diabetes & other diabetes related ailments. I just wanna share what ive been doing as an exercise....partly just walking.LOLs

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    Walking can make your muscles quite responsive, which helps the glucose to work within your cells & not to accumulate in your blood. Itís able to avert the diabetes & other diabetes related ailments. I just wanna share what ive been doing as an exercise....partly just walking.LOLs
    You're right on. Walking's great. Helps kick get your body to break down triglycerides. Walking also is one of the highest fat burning exercises there is (per calorie burned). That said, you can burn more calories with higher intensity exercise, and by extension more fat.

I like to walk twice a day, once for 15 minutes in the morning, then an hour at lunch. I used to smoke, so walking gets me up and about and breaks the monotony of being in the chair all day.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I know one thing that helped me lose weight before I started getting into lifting a few years ago was going for a walk after dinner, or doing anything other than sitting on my ass not moving.....

Can't now, since its 10 effing degrees (F), but if we go to the big city we'll go walk the mall after lunch or supper at a resturaunt.
    True story:

I give a f**K!!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Walking can be great, especially for couples, it can be the beginning of something good since it doesnt take too much effort to get started.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I love going for walks. A long walk can be better for you than running in that it doesn't put as much pressure on the knees and you will lose less muscle walking rather than all out running. Its better in the spring though since most sidewalks aren't plowed and its no fun slipping on ice.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.52%

I was hitting 200 pounds when I realized to reduce weight. My blood works and cholesterol levels came normal but my blood pressure was elevated. I was prescribed medicine for BP but I was skeptical to start the dosages for BP. I learnt yoga from a guru and started practicing Surya Namaskar & Kapalbathi. I also started a brisk walking regimen. All these made me shed 25pounds in 3 weeks. I need to reduce 20 more pounds to reach my BMI but am really confident that I can reduce that with determination.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.28%

ive read a lot about the benefits of walking first thing in the morning before eating anything
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

good i walk ALOT!
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    good i walk ALOT!
    Same here
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    you are absolutely right.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

great topic is starting.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    You're right on. Walking's great. Helps kick get your body to break down triglycerides. Walking also is one of the highest fat burning exercises there is (per calorie burned). That said, you can burn more calories with higher intensity exercise, and by extension more fat.

I like to walk twice a day, once for 15 minutes in the morning, then an hour at lunch. I used to smoke, so walking gets me up and about and breaks the monotony of being in the chair all day.
    i agree with you
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by waynaferd View Post
    I know one thing that helped me lose weight before I started getting into lifting a few years ago was going for a walk after dinner, or doing anything other than sitting on my ass not moving.....

Can't now, since its 10 effing degrees (F), but if we go to the big city we'll go walk the mall after lunch or supper at a resturaunt.
    thanks for sharing this
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I love going for walks. A long walk can be better for you than running in that it doesn't put as much pressure on the knees and you will lose less muscle walking rather than all out running. Its better in the spring though since most sidewalks aren't plowed and its no fun slipping on ice.
    bro,
    walking is a good exercise for body.Everyone should like walking.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    good i walk ALOT!
    agree with you.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by snuggy View Post
    I was hitting 200 pounds when I realized to reduce weight. My blood works and cholesterol levels came normal but my blood pressure was elevated. I was prescribed medicine for BP but I was skeptical to start the dosages for BP. I learnt yoga from a guru and started practicing Surya Namaskar & Kapalbathi. I also started a brisk walking regimen. All these made me shed 25pounds in 3 weeks. I need to reduce 20 more pounds to reach my BMI but am really confident that I can reduce that with determination.
    bro,
    Don'y worry .Just avoid fat and carbohydrate.Walk atlist 1/2 an hour per day.you must be reduce your weight.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Quote Originally Posted by muscleminded View Post
    ive read a lot about the benefits of walking first thing in the morning before eating anything
    I agree with your comments
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%

Walking is good for health.For long live we should walk regularly in the morning before breakfast.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

I have gradually lost over 30 pounds of fat just from walking a few times a week. I go several miles now but I didn't start out going that far.

IMHO there is not much excuse for not doing this one. It's not difficult. It won't hurt your joints. If you're fat then you are already better insulated against the cold weather than thinner people. You just gotta nut up and do it.
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Started doing this...
    How are u guys doing this? 30 min? 45 min?

Brisk walking or casual?

I did it 1 day last week... I like to do it in place of cardio cause I hate cardio!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fŁcking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.6%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Started doing this...
    How are u guys doing this? 30 min? 45 min?

Brisk walking or casual?

I did it 1 day last week... I like to do it in place of cardio cause I hate cardio!
    Brisk walking and casual...Brisk walking for cardio and casual to usually clear my mind..but both relieve stress.
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah I'm going to start doing that more often.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fŁcking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  115 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.94%

My brother walked everywhere for about 3 months (he didn't have a car and most everything he needed was in walking distance.) He lost 30 lbs without trying.
    Eat Healthy, Live Healthy, and Run Run Run!!!
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I can't stand running in the least bit, so I'll walk with a weighted pack.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.82%

Quote Originally Posted by bulayer View Post
    Walking regularly at a good speed improves your muscle strength and endurance and also helps build stamina. It is good for your heart. Walking is known to reduce your blood pressure, improve your blood circulation and all round cardio vascular functions. Walking is said to be good for your bones. It is a great way to strengthen your bones. Walking about 30 minutes a day increases your bone density and slows down bone loss in your legs. This low-impact exercise is also said to target your spine, legs and hips. It promotes mental well-being. Known as a great stress-buster, if you walk outdoors, the combination of fresh air and exercise is an excellent way to boost your morale and mood.

Helps prevent type 2 diabetes. Studies have revealed that walking approximately 150 minutes per week can reduce the risk of diabetes.
    Walking, combined with a sensible healthy diet rich in greens and low in added dietary fats and preservatives helps to prevent Type 2. Walking alone won't do much if the person never changes their diet. I try to stress this to my fiance. It aggravates me because he knows my profession and although he is trying, something things are just hard to break out of an old dog's habits! He has high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and has not really changed his diet (prior to meeting me) at all! Since planning our wedding I have encouraged him to add cardio to his workouts, and minimize the "extra" fat and sugars in his diet! He is one of those people who thinks they will lose the flavor if they buy fat free or light fat selections. I believe it is all in their head. We will get married in less than two months and then be living together, and I told him there is no way with me being a nutritionist that I will allow my husband to walk around unhealthy! I want him to be healthy so we can live happily ever after, so slowly I am making changes for him to adjust to prior to our sharing a dwelling so he isn't shocked.
    With me also being a national level competitor I don't like to have regular cheats, in fact I rarely do! And that's like an everyday thing for him and I love him for him, but I also don't want the temptation!!! no way!
    okay, sorry....I just noticed I went from statement, to babble, to venting! Eeek! Sorry.
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.76%

Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Walking, combined with a sensible healthy diet rich in greens and low in added dietary fats and preservatives helps to prevent Type 2. Walking alone won't do much if the person never changes their diet. I try to stress this to my fiance. It aggravates me because he knows my profession and although he is trying, something things are just hard to break out of an old dog's habits! He has high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and has not really changed his diet (prior to meeting me) at all! Since planning our wedding I have encouraged him to add cardio to his workouts, and minimize the "extra" fat and sugars in his diet! He is one of those people who thinks they will lose the flavor if they buy fat free or light fat selections. I believe it is all in their head. We will get married in less than two months and then be living together, and I told him there is no way with me being a nutritionist that I will allow my husband to walk around unhealthy! I want him to be healthy so we can live happily ever after, so slowly I am making changes for him to adjust to prior to our sharing a dwelling so he isn't shocked.
    With me also being a national level competitor I don't like to have regular cheats, in fact I rarely do! And that's like an everyday thing for him and I love him for him, but I also don't want the temptation!!! no way!
    okay, sorry....I just noticed I went from statement, to babble, to venting! Eeek! Sorry.
    Trying to change someone in a marriage to meet ur expectations is not often successful. Keep us posted on ur progress & good luck.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.87%

I am totally agree with you and It is really appreciable. I also think that walking is most effective way to stay healthy and also fast way to do reduce weight. I always awoke early in the morning and go for a walk for 60 to 80 minutes.

Similar Forum Threads

1. power walking
    By close grip in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
  2. Where do you do your walking lunges?
    By LiftNDestroy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 10:30 PM
  3. Walking to the Gym
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2