Mass protein bars stack....what happened?

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used 8 oz. of the power butter (half bottle) I also added two scoops of whey and added more water to compensate for it. As you can see it was pretty dry and I didnt add enough water/milk. Its like eating the top layer of crumb cake its just crumbled pieces. Any recommendations for my next batch besides adding more water?

pro.jpg

Last edited:
BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never tried adding extra whey, I assume thats why they turned out like this. You probably need to add quite a bit more water.

I always make mine just as it says on the bag and they turn out sooooooo damn good bro.

Trust me just make another batch the way it says on the bag and they'll be delish.

Also, if I was gonna add extra whey, i'd only do maybe 1 scoop. I just don't wanna **** them up, I know i'll be pissed knowing i coulda just made em the way the bag says and they woulda been perfect, ya know?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait a second.... Did you add 3/4 cup Honey???

Didn't see you list it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only made them like the recipe calls for, so I can't speak from experience. But if I wanted to add more whey then definetely you would want to add more water, but I would start small like maybe a half to one scoop and add water as you add whey. You should be able to tell when mixing if the consistency is too wet or too dry and add more water or whey as needed.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait a second.... Did you add 3/4 cup Honey???

Didn't see you list it.
Yeah I did add 3/4 of honey, I did everything the directions said to do. I just got greedy with calories and protein, I see that was my problem.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My girl was telling me to add a lot MORE water then I did. I shouldve listened, I just wanted them thicker but found out the hard way that doesnt necessarily mean better.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My girl was telling me to add a lot MORE water then I did. I shouldve listened, I just wanted them thicker but found out the hard way that doesnt necessarily mean better.
Yeh when you add more product you definitely need the water to compensate. I stick my bars in the freezer after I cut them up and that really helps harden them.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
You also need to bear in mind that when you add more whey you do need to add a considerable amount of more water. I added extra PB and whey to mine and really had to kick the water up. That being said if I don't keep mine in the freezer they get extremely gooey

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding more water is the first step, I also tend to add more PB and honey too (agave nectar for me though). I like to keep mine in the freezer though since they last longer and will keep form. Adding more liquid will make them a bit more gooey though.

If you want a crispier texture, look into adding whey crisps or N2Mix to make it crispy. That will add protein and texture, and you wouldn't need to increase liquids.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I feel you probably needed more water bro

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding more water is the first step, I also tend to add more PB and honey too (agave nectar for me though). I like to keep mine in the freezer though since they last longer and will keep form. Adding more liquid will make them a bit more gooey though.

If you want a crispier texture, look into adding whey crisps or N2Mix to make it crispy. That will add protein and texture, and you wouldn't need to increase liquids.
Adding n2mix is an awesome idea that shouldn't mess with consistency much at all. Maybe a Tad more water along with it. Good idea! :bigok:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just like my protein bars by themselves. So damn good don't need anything added to em. Plus I'd be worried it would EFF em up and I'd be pissed! lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just like my protein bars by themselves. So damn good don't need anything added to em. Plus I'd be worried it would EFF em up and I'd be pissed! lol
I understand completely. I'm chicken sh*t and haven't messed with the original recipe either yet. Too afraid of screwing up!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya dude there just too good, I don't know why ppl wanna add anything to em. Enough cals on there own. If anything I'd add some more PB & honey. Thats it

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Ya dude there just too good, I don't know why ppl wanna add anything to em. Enough cals on there own. If anything I'd add some more PB & honey. Thats it
I like adding cals to them....especially if i'm on. A high calorie snack isn't going to hurt anything!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always play with recipes until I find something that hits the spot, then I can stick with it (like my Layne Norton cheesecake!).

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I always play with recipes until I find something that hits the spot, then I can stick with it (like my Layne Norton cheesecake!).
Oh man i just saw that on Midwest's facebook....holy $hizzzzzzzz

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man i just saw that on Midwest's facebook....holy $hizzzzzzzz
I have a dedicated "cheesecake pan" that I keep stocked. Yeah, it's THAT good!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I still gotta try the cheesecake

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The NTBM Better Protein Bars and Layne Norton Cheesecake are so good for you, they're not even like desserts even if they taste like it! Love it!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The NTBM Better Protein Bars and Layne Norton Cheesecake are so good for you, they're not even like desserts even if they taste like it! Love it!

I'll add one more to that list.... POWERCHEWS!! That trio keeps me happy!!:D