NEED-2-SLIN EXPERIMENT

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
A guy named CGAR, well his username, did this experiment and posted the results on NTBM forums! I thought "Outstanding" would of love to see this soooooooooo here it is :D and other members too!
NEED2SLIN - BLOOD SUGAR EXPERIMENT

INGREDIANTS:
1) 450mg gymnema sylvestre
2) 250mg Acetyl L-carnatine
3) 200mg NaR-ALA (NaR alpha lipoic acid)
4) 200mg L-norvaline
5) 90mg Coleus forskholi
6) 30mg synephrine HCI
7) 18mg Banaba leaf

Purpose:
What I expect from N2S is to create a larger than normal insulin release after intake of carbs and sugars. This insulin release is highly desired in bodybuilding b/c insulin helps shuttle nutrients and carbohydrates directly to the muscles for immediate repair. The reason it is advantageous to intake glucose (sugar) in what ever form you want after working out is because of the insulin response that follows. The reason insulin is released after drinking a sugary beverage is that this released works to lower your blood sugar levels and keep you within the normal range. Our body is constantly trying to maintain homeostasis, or internal equilibrium, hence the insulin spike.

insulin also "rapidly activates Protein synthesis by mRNA translation, the process through which the genetic code transcribed in the mRNA template is translated into Protein." This is fairly complicated so if you want to read more on this then Google it.

Experiment:
(Day 1) I will fast for a least 8 hours while I sleep and in the morning I will take my fasted blood sugar (one of 4 readings). I will then eat a wheat bagel (about 60 carbs) and drink about 9oz of Grape Juice (50 carbs/sugars) since both of these are fast acting carbohydrates. After I down I will take my blood sugar readings at 30 mins, 1 hr, and 1.5 hrs and record the results.

(Day 2) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take N2Slin at a dosage of 3 capsules 35 minutes before eating the bagel then follow the protocol listed on Day 1.

(Day 3) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take some supplements that should have a positive effect on my blood sugar profile about 35 minutes prior to eating the bagel and record the results as above. The supplements I will take are Chromium Picolinate (100mg), Gymnema (400mg), Alpha Lipoic Acid (200mg), & Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon); all of which are supposed to either promote increased insulin cell binding, increase natural production of insulin at the periphery level, or increase the secretion of insulin at the pancreas.

(Day 4) This was added after the Conclusion in the Addendum section.

Results:
In my research of supplements that have the BEST potential to lower blood sugar/raise insulin I came across a few supplements that I assumed would be most effective for these purposes. The supplements used on Day 3 of this experiment are the ones that looked the most promising (Chromium Picolinate, Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid [ALA], & Cinnamon). Two out of the 4 supplements I chose to use are in Need2Slin. The other ingredients in N2Slin are mentioned in some cases when and insulin response is desired but that is one of the reasons for this test, to determine if N2Slin is effective. From what I can tell Need2 has done a lot of research to put this product together and I am very interested in the results.

For this test I was able to borrow a blood monitor from my father who is diabetic (another reason for my interest in this product) and use it to test my blood glucose levels. These tests were conducted at the same time of the morning every day and I tried to be as symmetrical with everything I did every day for the most accurate results possible.

Day 1:
Fasting - 83 mg/dl
*now I down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 180 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 161 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 106 mg/dl

Note**About 30 minutes after ingesting the bagel and grape juice I got his overwhelming lethargic feeling as well as slightly blurred vision, and this lasted until my blood sugar dropped below 160. Injesting these two things may not do this to some people but I generally stay away from a lot of sugar so I was not used to this feeling at all but did recall on a couple occasions feeling this way.

Day 2:
Fasting - 87 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
*down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 145 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 129 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 84 mg/dl

Note**I am very impressed with the results of N2Slin so far. I didn't get any of the symptoms from yesterday when ingesting the large quantity of carbs. I may duplicate the tests of Day 2 and see if I come up with the same results in a later post. Need2Slin has definitely increased the amount of insulin in response to the sugar level in my body. It will be interesting to see how the herbs and supps I will use tomorrow stack up.

Day 3:
Fasting - 86 mg/dl
*take chosen Supps 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 164 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 148 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 97 mg/dl

Note**Although I didn't have any of the same lethargy as on Day 1, I didn't feel as energetic as I did yesterday (Day 2) after taking the hand picked herbs and supplements.

Day 4:
See results of Day 4 after the Conclusion in the Addendum...

Conclusion:
Based on the results of Day 3, Need2Slin has proven itself to be even more effective than the hand picked supplements (chosen specifically for the purpose of increasing insulin response) that I thought might be more effective than Need2Slin based on the research I have done. Need2Slin is a very impressive supplement not only for the energetic feeling you get after a large meal with N2Slin, but in the fact that the blood results in this study were not even close!!

I would like to further note that this study was done solely out of my curiosity of the performance of this product as well as looking for a product that my father (Type 2 diabetic) can take to lower his blood sugar. I have no motive to advertise for Need2. I have used this product once before about a year ago where I noticed a better pump in the gym and a leaner look even on a high calorie diet. I wanted to put it to the test and see if it was worth spending the bucks for this product. Unlike other products where you simply have to 'believe' it's doing what it says, this type of supplement you can actually 'TEST' to see if it's doing what it's supposed to do!!

The 3 most anabolic compounds in the world of bodybuilding are AAS, GH, and insulin. If you can take a natural supplement like Need2Slin and increase the production of insulin within your own body then why take the risk of damaging your body by injecting insulin? Bodybuilders who understand how to use insulin properly can get away with this but for anyone that doesn't fully understand how to use it safely and is on the fence with whether they should use it or not, please start with a supplement like this that will not damage your body and will give you the effect you are looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------

Addendum:
Today I wanted to make sure that the results I got the first day I used N2Slin were not a fluke. I only did one test on it and it made me wonder if those results would be replicated if I tested again.

Day 4: (final test)
Fasting - 78 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 139 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 125 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 83 mg/dl

Note**My blood sugar started out lower this morning than usual maybe due to a clean diet yesterday and taking a couple N2Slin before dinner last night... Based on the results from today I am confident that N2Slin is controlling my blood sugar by raising my insulin levels! It's almost scary how close the numbers were from the first test. If I had started the test with a fasting blood sugar of 87 today, I do feel that the numbers I got on the first day using N2S would be even closer.

See the attachment for a comparison graph of the 4 different studies...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's very cool to see. I may have to man up and borrow the same from my dad as well (who is Type II). I'd really love to see these tests done on A) multiple amounts of carbs, B) just simple vs. just complex, and C) all other similar products (e.g. Slin Sane, P-Slin, Anabolic Pump, Glycobol, Slin, Slin Shot, etc.).

bikeluver43

bikeluver43

Awards
Crazy and awesome to see this! I can't wait to give this stuff a shot in the next few weeks

nerdalert

Awards
I just got some too, I am going to start taking it this weekend. I hope that it works as well as it has for others!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's really cool results there! My nerd-senses tingled when I saw the graphs, I love busting out some Excel for things like this. Thanks for posting!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am actually having a co-worker of mine do some testing with Recompadrol that I gave her as she is diabetic. If she can get a better insulin response that will mean less fast acting insulin for her after eating which would be great. Once I find out some numbers I will post them as they are a good comparison to need2slin. I doubt they will be as good but it is a good profile that should be tested against. Just talked with her right now, she thinks it is a fun idea and will let me know what she finds out. I don't know if it will be AS controlled as the test above but it is better than nothing. Now if NTBM wants to provide a sample pack of Need2Slin that would be a great test do to on a diabetic; she will surely do it.

Great post by the way, actually verifying the science behind the products from real world peeps and not the company (no offense, third party is always preferred) is awesome! GOT TO GET SOME OF THIS!!!

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Subscribing, love data

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome, oufinny. I definitely hope we can turn this thread into even more. And the graph that's now up is great.

I'm legitimately considering getting my hands on a tester to check some of the numbers myself. There are sooooo many variables that could be tested. In addition to what I already stated, the other one that I'm really thinking is dosage of each product. Since this study used 3 caps of N2S, I'd be interested in 1 and 2 as well. I always used 1 or 2 when I was using it. But I've also tried practically all the others, too. It would be a great way to see what works best for each of us individually and see if the statistics hold up across a larger population.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man thats awesome! Thanks Alot for taking the time to do this and post it and all! I swear by N2S. This stuff works and works damn well :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
wow, very cool to see someone do this.

Your blood sugar levels are WAY higher than mine, lol. I've been having some blood glucose tests done the last few weeks for hypoglycemia, and reactive hypoglycemia, basically low blood sugar issues. They did the 2 hour test on me, with 75g dex drink they made me drink

my fasted level was 83, then I downed the 75g carb drink they gave me

1 hour was 91 (it barely touched my blood sugar level)

2 hour was all the way down to 62

What this means I'm still in the process of determining, basically my body has no fuel really...no gas in the tank from what my doc told me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, very cool to see someone do this.

Your blood sugar levels are WAY higher than mine, lol. I've been having some blood glucose tests done the last few weeks for hypoglycemia, and reactive hypoglycemia, basically low blood sugar issues. They did the 2 hour test on me, with 75g dex drink they made me drink

my fasted level was 83, then I downed the 75g carb drink they gave me

1 hour was 91 (it barely touched my blood sugar level)

2 hour was all the way down to 62

What this means I'm still in the process of determining, basically my body has no fuel really...no gas in the tank from what my doc told me.
Very interesting, man.

I'm actually curious to do something similar myself, just because my body is very odd lol. After finding out I'm hypo-thyroid, they put me on 50mcg T4 and they say now I'm "normal" but it's done nothing for me. So I'm wondering if it's not something else.

This would be easy enough to test at home and forgo all the nonsense with doctors, too (at least it's a hassle to me, unfortunately).

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting, man.

I'm actually curious to do something similar myself, just because my body is very odd lol. After finding out I'm hypo-thyroid, they put me on 50mcg T4 and they say now I'm "normal" but it's done nothing for me. So I'm wondering if it's not something else.

This would be easy enough to test at home and forgo all the nonsense with doctors, too (at least it's a hassle to me, unfortunately).

LOLOL, they put ME on exactly 50mcg of T4 a day as well. That was about 2 weeks ago, I haven't noticed a thing from it so far. I upped my carb intake quite a bit and so far that has been making me feel much better than the T4 has.

You might be slightly different than me, my symptoms were just the classic hypo symptoms of low body temp, cold hands/feet. And like I said the T4 hadn't done anything for either one of those so far, but upping my carb intake quite drastically has helped with those symptoms. With higher carb intake I was obviously looking for something like need2slin that could hopefully blunt some of the negative aspects of taking in so many carbs, thus the post in this thread.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just started using it today with a lean gains diet. 16hr fasting and 8 he eating each day.

I'm using Need2slin at 2 caps with my fast breaking meal and 2 more at my last meal. ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOLOL, they put ME on exactly 50mcg of T4 a day as well. That was about 2 weeks ago, I haven't noticed a thing from it so far. I upped my carb intake quite a bit and so far that has been making me feel much better than the T4 has.

You might be slightly different than me, my symptoms were just the classic hypo symptoms of low body temp, cold hands/feet. And like I said the T4 hadn't done anything for either one of those so far, but upping my carb intake quite drastically has helped with those symptoms. With higher carb intake I was obviously looking for something like need2slin that could hopefully blunt some of the negative aspects of taking in so many carbs, thus the post in this thread.
The thing that sucks is that it takes 6 weeks before levels stabilize and you can get tested to see what it does. About 4-5 weeks in, I noticed a minimal increase in energy and mood, but it wasn't much at all. In those 6 weeks, I also didn't lose one pound lol. And I was even eating less than I had been.

I don't have the cold hands/feet, but I do have a ton of other symptoms of hypo, so I'm hoping something gets fixed. I'm pretty carb sensitive in terms of spilling over into fat, so I love N2S or other repartitioners to help with damage control.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
The thing that sucks is that it takes 6 weeks before levels stabilize and you can get tested to see what it does. About 4-5 weeks in, I noticed a minimal increase in energy and mood, but it wasn't much at all. In those 6 weeks, I also didn't lose one pound lol. And I was even eating less than I had been.

I don't have the cold hands/feet, but I do have a ton of other symptoms of hypo, so I'm hoping something gets fixed. I'm pretty carb sensitive in terms of spilling over into fat, so I love N2S or other repartitioners to help with damage control.
I've done nothing but gain weight since I've been on it as well. I upped my cals at the behest of my doc, and for my own well being. But when you spend as much time doing physical activity as I do it's really mind blowing that it would make me gain that much weight.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done nothing but gain weight since I've been on it as well. I upped my cals at the behest of my doc, and for my own well being. But when you spend as much time doing physical activity as I do it's really mind blowing that it would make me gain that much weight.
My thoughts as well.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Leu! I saw this a long time ago, and was blown away by the detail CGAR took upon himself! It lit a fire of curiosity in me to test my own blood obsessively to see the EXACT timing in which the effects took place, and with what amount of carbs Need 2 Slin and other mimetics exhibited their optimal modulation. I never did get into it however, because of the cost of the testing equipment.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing this! Need 2 Slin, after months of continuous usage, still gets me excited with every dose, because I know whats going on in side is going to be manifested on the outside! :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Leu! I saw this a long time ago, and was blown away by the detail CGAR took upon himself! It lit a fire of curiosity in me to test my own blood obsessively to see the EXACT timing in which the effects took place, and with what amount of carbs Need 2 Slin and other mimetics exhibited their optimal modulation. I never did get into it however, because of the cost of the testing equipment.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing this! Need 2 Slin, after months of continuous usage, still gets me excited with every dose, because I know whats going on in side is going to be manifested on the outside! :)

Well said Outstanding!! :)