Zetuex's Need to Build Muscle Contest Log. Need to Build Muscle & Mr. Supps.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I saw this today and would like to join in also. I was planning on bulking anyway so this will be an extra kick in the pants. I ordered some stuff today and will post pics with that as soon as possible if that is okay. For now here are some pics that i took tonight.

My Stats
5'9" at 160
Roughly 12% bodyfat

Biceps:14
Chest:40 1/2
Calves:14 1/4
Quads:22
Neck: 14
Waist:31

My Food
Right now I'm having 6 meals a day right around 700+ calories so i'm getting 4200 calories per day. I am for 50 grams of protein per meal then adjust carbs and fats around that. I try to eat as clean as I can to keep fat gain to the minimum

My Goals
I will be trying to put on 1-2 pounds per week, preferably all muscle. So hopefully by the end of this thing I will be right around 180.

Attachments

Last edited:
mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in bro you have a good base this should be a great log

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subd! I'm in for it bro. Good luck!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 160, you've got some good definition going. Best of luck!

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Thanks for following along guys.

So right now my off days are Wednesday, and Sunday. Although sometimes I will hit Abs, and Calves on Wednesday depending on when I did them last. I try to train those atleast 2 times a week. My training days right now are Chest and Bi, Shoulders and Traps, Back and Tri, and Legs. They stay in that order but a different one starts out each week so I can do it twice. I will switch up my routine every 6 weeks. Right now I'm going heavy with rep range of 3-6.

Today was Chest and Bi
Chest:
Flat BB bench press 185x5 (PR), 185x4, 175x6, 175x6 drop set 135x8
Reverse grip flat DB press 60x6, 60x6, 60x5, 60x4 drop set 40x6 and 25x12
Decline BB press 165x6, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6
Incline DB Fly 40x6, 40x5, 40x5 drop set 25x8 and 10x15

BI:
Straight bar wide curl 80x6, 80x6, 80x5, 80x4 drop set 40x12
Hammer DB curl 35x6, 35x5, 30x6, 30x6 drop set 20x10 and 15x12

Overall it was a pretty decent workout, I was a little intimidated by 185 on flat bench, I think I could have done more but I am happy with it for today. I definitely like bulking. It seems I set new PR's every time i go to the gym.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
On Wednesday I went to the gym and just did a quick little ab session. It feels good to train abs again frequently. I stopped training them for a while and just started doing them a couple weeks ago.

Yesterday I went in and had a pretty good shoulder work out. They are quite sore this morning. I'll be headed to the gym for Back and Tri in about an hour once I get out of class.

As far as my diet has been going so far it has been really good. I have hit over 5000 calories each day since the start of this. I feel heavier. I will weigh myself on Monday to see how much I'm up.

I should get my stuff in the mail today so I'll try to post up some new pictures today or tomorrow.

Fat Ass 101

Fat Ass 101

Awards
Sweet kitchen! Really like the double oven!

LOL...Good luck bro. You are at a great starting condition.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On Wednesday I went to the gym and just did a quick little ab session. It feels good to train abs again frequently. I stopped training them for a while and just started doing them a couple weeks ago.

Yesterday I went in and had a pretty good shoulder work out. They are quite sore this morning. I'll be headed to the gym for Back and Tri in about an hour once I get out of class.

As far as my diet has been going so far it has been really good. I have hit over 5000 calories each day since the start of this. I feel heavier. I will weigh myself on Monday to see how much I'm up.

I should get my stuff in the mail today so I'll try to post up some new pictures today or tomorrow.

What supps are you running bud? I didnt see you mention them.

Also might want to watch them cals a little. They seem pretty high for your weight. You might want to cut back a little unless you are doing a lot of cardio. At 160 you should gain well off of 4k easy...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea 5 k should def bring some weight and a lil fat as well but gains will def come

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Sweet kitchen! Really like the double oven!

LOL...Good luck bro. You are at a great starting condition.
Thanks man. It is my sisters house. Wish I could call it my own though. Good luck to you too.

Right now I'm just using the staples. Protein, creatine, and BCAA's. I have a few things I have gotten from sales. I was holding off on using them for awhile though. Not PH's, don't plan on doing those till I'm older, wiser, and much bigger. One thing I do have is LG's ecdysterone, maybe I will try that out soon.

I have a super fast metabolism and have always had a hard time gaining muscle. I don't have a major appetite which I think is the problem, no such thing as a hard gainer, right? But it seems like ever since I started to bulk the muscle starts to pack on pretty easily. I haven't got much fat gain in the past few months but I was around 3500 calories a day, give or take a few hundred. I have gone from 140 to what I am now since I started in November. I'll keep an eye out on the calories, I don't want to put on much fat. I hate it when my abs start to disappear.

Also I got my Whey to Build Muscle protein. I'll try to get the new pics posted up today.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. It is my sisters house. Wish I could call it my own though. Good luck to you too.

Right now I'm just using the staples. Protein, creatine, and BCAA's. I have a few things I have gotten from sales. I was holding off on using them for awhile though. Not PH's, don't plan on doing those till I'm older, wiser, and much bigger. One thing I do have is LG's ecdysterone, maybe I will try that out soon.

I have a super fast metabolism and have always had a hard time gaining muscle. I don't have a major appetite which I think is the problem, no such thing as a hard gainer, right? But it seems like ever since I started to bulk the muscle starts to pack on pretty easily. I haven't got much fat gain in the past few months but I was around 3500 calories a day, give or take a few hundred. I have gone from 140 to what I am now since I started in November. I'll keep an eye out on the calories, I don't want to put on much fat. I hate it when my abs start to disappear.

Also I got my Whey to Build Muscle protein. I'll try to get the new pics posted up today.
Thats very very impressive going from 140 to your current weight in that short of time. At your age with your hormone levels, you can do that. Its great that you are taking advantage of your youth and muscle building capabilities. I also must say your attitude towards PH's and waiting until you are older, wiser, and bigger as you put it is very commendable my friend :biggthumpup:

If others out there at your age would have the same outlook as you they would realize the BIG natural gains they are missing out on, not to mention the long-term damage they could be doing do themselves.

I will be checking on your log here often man, you are doing great;)

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
So far things have been going good. I only hit around 3500 calories yesterday. I woke up late then the day just got busy. I had a pretty awesome leg workout on Saturday with my brother-in-law.

Squats ATG 155x6, 165x6, 175x6, 175x6, 175x5 (pitiful I know. They are improving quickly though)
Deadlifts 305x2, 305x1, 275x4, 275x6, and 275x6
Machine Hack Squats 180x10, 180x10, 180x12
Racquetball for an hour
Then I finished it off with some stuff for my calves.

Sunday was an off day.

I'll be headed to the gym in a couple hours for Chest and Bi. I'll try to update when I get back later tonight.

Here are the new pics taken on Sunday with the Need to Build Muscle protein

Attachments

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a great base to work with man, just going to do a natural bulk or are you going to run anything with the extra food you will obviously be eating?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid base bro, you should bulk very good at 4k cals and being natty ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a great base to work with man, just going to do a natural bulk or are you going to run anything with the extra food you will obviously be eating?
At his age, all he needs is a good diet and hit the weights. Maybe some creatine nitrate or something, but he's doing great so far!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At his age, all he needs is a good diet and hit the weights. Maybe some creatine nitrate or something, but he's doing great so far!
I'll second that. He is doing exactly what he should. You have the right things in motion to get great gains man.:biggthumpup:

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I'm just going all natural. The way I have been gaining I feel like I should be on something as it is, I probably would explode even if I looked at anabolics. Just eating a lot and training hard.

I had a great chest and bi workout tonight pretty much the entire thing was a PR.

Flat Bench 185x6, 185x5, 185x4, 175x3, 175x4 drop set 135x6
Reverse grip DB flat bench 60x6, 60x5, 60x5, 60x5 drop set 35x10 and 25x15
Decline BB 175x5, 175x3, 165x5, 165x3
Incline bench DB fly 40x5, 40x4, 40x4 drop set 25x8 and 15x12
Bi's
Straight bar curl 90x6, 90x5, 80x6, 80x5, 80x5 drop set 50x12
Hammer DB 35x6, 35x6, 35x6, 35x6 drop set 25x9 and 15x15
Then stretch (I stretch after every workout)

I broke through a plateau on my Bi's. I had a mental block with going heavier than 80 on the straight bar curl. 90 felt good today. I had a huge pump going on.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I'm taking creatine mono right now. Do you guys think that nitrate would be any different? or should I try it out and see how it goes?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking creatine mono right now. Do you guys think that nitrate would be any different? or should I try it out and see how it goes?
i'm a meat and cheese kinda guy so I would say stick with the tried and true but I'd wait for others to chime in

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the mono is working for you, stick with it. I personally got nothing out of creatine mono or any of the other forms until Creatine Nitrate. That stuff works well with me, and gives increbile pumps. I personally really like it, but if mono is working no need to change (unless you want the pumps).

Creatine Nitrate > Creatine Monohydrate IMO.

I think there's some study that's supposed to come out from the patent holder of the Nitrate showing increased solubility etc, but not sure if it's going to be public or not. There was an APS discussion on Super Human Radio that I think got into it a bit, but I haven't checked that out yet...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I missed your age otherwise I would have reworded my question. The only other things I would recommend to you besides mono are creatine nitrate (APS products) or Ancient Strength by Brutal Alchemy. I wish I trained hard when I was your age, missed out on the times when I would have grew like a weed without help.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Alright, I'll probably hold off on switching for a while. I'll maybe try it out towards the end of this comp. I just got back from a Shoulder and Trap workout. It was alright, I didn't feel like I could really push myself tonight. I think it might be from not enough sleep. That is one thing I need to work on.

So far today I have had 3300 calories. I still have dinner, and my bedtime meal. I should easily get 1000 calories or more between the two of those. I have also been contemplating waking in the middle of the night and getting maybe a protein shake, or a glass of milk, or cottage cheese. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah I guess I should mention I'm only 20.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, I'll probably hold off on switching for a while. I'll maybe try it out towards the end of this comp. I just got back from a Shoulder and Trap workout. It was alright, I didn't feel like I could really push myself tonight. I think it might be from not enough sleep. That is one thing I need to work on.

So far today I have had 3300 calories. I still have dinner, and my bedtime meal. I should easily get 1000 calories or more between the two of those. I have also been contemplating waking in the middle of the night and getting maybe a protein shake, or a glass of milk, or cottage cheese. What do you guys think?

Oh yeah I guess I should mention I'm only 20.
How much sleep do you get, on average?

Waking in the middle of the night for food is not necessary, especially if you're not getting enough sleep. Just eat some eggs (8-10 egg whites) and casein/cottage cheese before bed with some natty PB (or other healthy fat) and you will be fine. Throw in some oats too if you want, but different people are sensitive to carbs differently. If you're all out bulk though, oats are your friend!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much sleep do you get, on average?

Waking in the middle of the night for food is not necessary, especially if you're not getting enough sleep. Just eat some eggs (8-10 egg whites) and casein/cottage cheese before bed with some natty PB (or other healthy fat) and you will be fine. Throw in some oats too if you want, but different people are sensitive to carbs differently. If you're all out bulk though, oats are your friend!
What Milas said here is pretty much spot on. I always do either a casein shake or cottage cheese before bed. What you need is some type of slow digesting protein to keep those amino acids releasing for a longer period as your body goes without food (sleeping) Eggs, Casein, cottage cheese, and milk are all great sources of slow digesting protein that can be used before hitting the sack...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What Milas said here is pretty much spot on. I always do either a casein shake or cottage cheese before bed. What you need is some type of slow digesting protein to keep those amino acids releasing for a longer period as your body goes without food (sleeping) Eggs, Casein, cottage cheese, and milk are all great sources of slow digesting protein that can be used before hitting the sack...
and something with fat, like PB. Fat slows amino acid release and digestion too.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I probably get about 6 1/2 hours on average. I'm gonna start shooting for 8-9 hours a night.

Thanks guys, I'll start having that for my bedtime meal.

Yesterday was an off day. Although I did go to the gym to help my girlfriend and I did some forearm stuff for like 5 min. They are actually a little sore today. I'll be headed to the gym later to do back and tri.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I probably get about 6 1/2 hours on average. I'm gonna start shooting for 8-9 hours a night.

Yesterday was an off day. Although I did go to the gym to help my girlfriend and I did some forearm stuff for like 5 min. They are actually a little sore today. I'll be headed to the gym later to do back and tri.
7-8 hours of sleep is enough for most people. Best of luck!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

yea your def notice the difference with the extra sleep

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
checkin in for the first time, good base, eat eat eat

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Hey thanks for joining in man.

So on Friday I had legs. It was good, set new PR's again. As I have been every workout so far.

Squats 175x6, 185x5, 175x5, 175x4, 165x4
Deadlifts 285x6, 285x3, 275x3, 275x6.
Hack squats 190x6, 190x6, 190x6, 190x6
Lunges DB's 60x12, 60x12, 60x12
Then I did some Calf work

Saturday I went to with my brother-in-law and did chest. It was nice to have a spotter. My chest was feeling pretty good.

Flat bench 195x6, 185x6, 185x6, 225 for 3 negatives drop set 135x12
Reverse grip DB flat bench 65x6, 65x6, 60x6, 60x6 drop set 40x10, 30x12
Decline cable fly 60x6, 50x8, 50x10
Then we played racquetball for 2 hours straight, was pretty dang messed up after that. I wanted to do Bi's after but was to tired.

So far as my diet has been going it has been good. Yesterday was around 5000 calories, I probably burned over 1000 playing racquetball though. Friday was in the low 4000 calorie range.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Yesterday I did shoulders and traps, It was a good workout, I shoulder pressed 60 pound DB's for 5 times. That is a PR, other than that nothing impressive to note.

Today I did Back and Tri. I had a great pump going on. I feel like my muscles are getting fuller than they used to be.

Wide Pulldown 240x5, 240x2 Drop set 150x8, 225x5, 225x5, 225x3 drop set 150x12
T-Bar 140x5, 135x5, 135x4, 135x4
Single hand supported DB bent over row 95x8, 95x8, 95x8
Seated narrow row 180x6, 180x5, 180x5
TRI
Dips bodyweight plus 55x6, bodyweight plus 55x6, bodyweight plus 55x5 drop set bodyweight x 12
JM press 125x6, 125x6, 125x6 drop set 75x12
Cable rope extension 120x6, 120x5 drop set 70x7, 120x4 drop set 70x8 40x15

Tomorrow is an off day, but I'll probably do a quick Ab session. I was getting out of the gym later than I liked so I skipped them the past 2 days.

I weighed myself last night.. 163.5
Hopefully I can keep gaining like that throughout the whole comp. That gives me even more motivation to keep eating a ton.

Also good luck to everyone, all your logs are making me really push myself when I see how hard you guys are working so far. This is a great competition so far.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job man

PRs and weight gain means you are on your way to the goal bud. You are doing exactly what you should. Well done!

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I got pretty busy the passed few days so thats why no updates. I'm still eating a bunch, my workouts have still been setting PR's every time. I can tell I'm not used to moving as much weight, my joints are starting to hurt me. I will be switching to lower weight more reps this week as its the end of my 6 weeks of heavy. That should give me a little rest from the heavy weights. My short term goal for the end of this next 6 weeks is to be repping for 12 the same weight I'm doing right now.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you planning a de-load week?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds like a solid plan to me.you taking any fish oil? and any other joint products?

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
No, not a Deload just a complete change in the routine, I can tell I'm starting to level off on the strength gains after 6 weeks of heavy. I'll be shooting for about 12 reps with supersets for the next 6 weeks. I'm taking Orange triad for my multi, and I try to take 2 fish oil a day but I sometimes forget to take both of these. After reading on cissus, I was wondering if that would help them out a little.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, not a Deload just a complete change in the routine, I can tell I'm starting to level off on the strength gains after 6 weeks of heavy. I'll be shooting for about 12 reps with supersets for the next 6 weeks. I'm taking Orange triad for my multi, and I try to take 2 fish oil a day but I sometimes forget to take both of these. After reading on cissus, I was wondering if that would help them out a little.
You can take more fish oil. I take ~10 caps a day. My body can tell when I miss it too...

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
On another note I feel like I'm filling out better. I got a comment about looking broader in my shoulders the other day. It seems like I can also feel my muscles better when I'm working out, it's like there is more of it so I can really concentrate on using that specific muscle. Probably is all in my head but it's good motivation.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
You can take more fish oil. I take ~10 caps a day. My body can tell when I miss it too...
I'll try that out. Maybe try about 6-8 since I weigh quite a bit less. Hopefully not for long though. :mischievous:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus is awesome for joints. You definitely need to increase fish oil though. I would say 6-9g a day should help a lot. I myself never take in less than 9g.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I have started taking 8 fish oil a day so we will see. No difference yet. My knees were hurting a little yesterday. I think my body isn't used to the extra weight yet. I switched up the routine and it has been killing me. I feel like I'm gasping for air by the end of the workout. And I've been incredibly sore this entire week. I haven't been eating quite as much this passed week. Right around 3500 calories a day. I'll be bumping it back up this week.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I have started taking 8 fish oil a day so we will see. No difference yet. My knees were hurting a little yesterday. I think my body isn't used to the extra weight yet. I switched up the routine and it has been killing me. I feel like I'm gasping for air by the end of the workout. And I've been incredibly sore this entire week. I haven't been eating quite as much this passed week. Right around 3500 calories a day. I'll be bumping it back up this week.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hang in there after a week or 2 your body should adjust.just be careful not to hurt yourself.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might even bump that fish oil a little more. I'd go 10g and consider adding some Cissus or glucosamine if it continues to be a problem...

Keep killing it bro!!

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
My joints aren't hurting to bad anymore. I've started taking 10 grams of fish oil since Monday. On Monday I had a good leg workout. They are still a tiny bit sore right now.

Deadlifts 225x14, 225x8 (grip gave out), 225x9(grip again)
ATG Squats 125x12, 125x12, 125x12
Leg press 270x12, 270x12, 270x12
Then I did 2 things for calves.

I need to work on my forearms. They are getting stronger each week. I could only hang onto 225 for 11 last week on the first one.

I made Tuesday an off day, had to study for a test.

Wednesday I hit chest and bi. It was a really good workout. I had quite the pump going on.

Alternating reverse grip DB 55x24, 55x24, 55x20
Flat bench DB 60x10, 55x9 drop set 25x18, 55x8 drop set 20x20
Decline superset with pec deck 135x12, 90x12, 135x10, 90x12, 135x8, 90x10
Incline cable fly 30x12, 30x12, 40x10
BI'S
21's 50x21, 50x21, 50x 19
Alternating hammer 20x24, 20x24, 20x24

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout there! You are doing great...your training looks pretty solid ;)