IndySoccer16 + Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Saw this contest come up and I thought, what the hell why not.
After my last run with NTBM and Mr. Supps and the strength gains I saw I figured I would try and run a mass cycle and try and bulk up and then cut down right before summer, and what a better motivator than Cash right?

Pics taken 1/17/2011 and my god I didn't realize how bad I looked until I took these.

The Supps From NTBM / Mr Supps Being run for this contest

Diesel
Epi
Forma
N2Guard
Gear
HcGen
NTKS

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Saved for pics

Week1 2/8/11 Just started supps on monday

week2 left trap fail

week3
week4
week5
week6
week7
week8
week9
week10
week11
week12

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
thanks!

And anyone who has some good mass building workouts please pass them on.
I am really lacking in the biceps, back, chest, tris........ pretty much everywhere lol

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks!

I am really lacking in the biceps, back, chest, tris........ pretty much everywhere lol
strong lifts 5x5 is a damn good one bro

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to bother but do you have a good place to find the correct information on the 5x5?
I did a google search and an AM search but I didn't find anything really rock solid on it.
Mostly what I found was forums with people talking about what they are doing, and then i read about spread sheets which I can't seem to find.

Also, I did find the main 5x5 site but I didn't see anything about how to figure out what weight to use.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not indeed nothing to lose and it's great motivation. I don't think you look that bad at all. Shed a few lbs while adding a bit of mass and you could be in the mix...

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, and good luck to everyone in the competition!
We are really about to see the power of NTBM

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck Indy. You have a great starting base to work from, and that nice stack of goodies you have, are going to make some things happen I have a feeling:afro:

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping to see something happen! I am adding a couple more goodies. And since I am running a 1 month cycle I am going to hold off for a couple weeks and get used to this 5x5 while eatting big for the next 3 weeks.
Just eatting and lifting hard I put on almost 5 lbs this last week, so I think instead of trying to put on mass like I wanted I am going to diet and try and cut down.
I am considering this, because of the competition aspect. People are usually more impressed when they see someone cut up, than when someone adds mass and needs to cut off bf. An since I'm not twig I am not sure I would have enough visable gains mass wise to even be in the running.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm hoping to see something happen! I am adding a couple more goodies. And since I am running a 1 month cycle I am going to hold off for a couple weeks and get used to this 5x5 while eatting big for the next 3 weeks.
Just eatting and lifting hard I put on almost 5 lbs this last week, so I think instead of trying to put on mass like I wanted I am going to diet and try and cut down.
I am considering this, because of the competition aspect. People are usually more impressed when they see someone cut up, than when someone adds mass and needs to cut off bf. An since I'm not twig I am not sure I would have enough visable gains mass wise to even be in the running.
I think you could have a good recomp out of this and get the best of both worlds. Epi is great for it too. It is used often for this purpose, and if you have the diet, training, and cardio right, you could come out of this looking bigger AND ripped....

Keep us updated as to your plan.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
thanks!

you have a good base.

do more deads and squats (done properly)

alternate the heavy days... 1 week go heavy on deads and light on squats, the following week, do the opposite.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
you have a good base.

do more deads and squats (done properly)

alternate the heavy days... 1 week go heavy on deads and light on squats, the following week, do the opposite.

Thanks.
I have been concentrating on my deads and squats, but right now I was hitting them hard early in the week (which still isnt much weight), then 4 days later I hit them lighter with some higher rep and lower weight working only on slow and steady and maintaining perfect form the whole time through.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I have decided that I will be taking weekly progress pics, and they will be on post #2 this way you and I can both watch my progress

I have also decided that I am going to do the first 2-3 weeks of this 5x5 routine all natural with no supps to give my body a chance to get used to it.

Todays workout

SQUAT
5 X 100
5 X 130
5 X 150
5 X 180
5 X 205

BENCH
5 X 140
5 X 180
5 X 215
5 X 250
5 X 280

ROW
5 X 100
5 X 125
5 X 150
5 X 170
5 X 200

This routine had me really tired, even though on a normal workout I am able to do more reps and with more weight on almost every exercise. Not sure what was up with that, but I guess it has to do with a new routine, instead of what my body was used to.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I have also decided to add some Dermacrine, and GHRP6, and CJC to the mix. I will be running Dermacrine during my cycle only, and the peptides will be cycle and PCT

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, big guy and big lifts, best of luck to you!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
1/26/11 workout

SQUAT
5 X 100
5 X 125
5 X 150
5 X 150

OVERHEAD PRESS
5 X 85
5 X 100
5 X 115
5 X 135

DEADLIFT
5 X 190
5 X 225
5 X 265
5 X 285

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Well, since monday I have been doing some carb cycling and some crazy Rick'Oshea HIIT cardio and the results......

Today I was down almost 5lbs and my diet has been far from perfect. I could really cut out some more fat, but being a college kid its hard to eat clean and get the calories I need.

Todays cardio

15minutes of HIIT cardio

15-20 second sprints followed by 15 pushups with a 30 second rest

I started at speed 7 and incline 7
After every set of sprints and incline I increased the speed by 1mph and the incline by 1 until I got to the end I was only increasing the speed by .5mph because my little legs couldnt take any more.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have also decided to add some Dermacrine, and GHRP6, and CJC to the mix. I will be running Dermacrine during my cycle only, and the peptides will be cycle and PCT
good call on Derma and the other goodies man. Should be a killer cycle:D

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does the cycle look like?

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
What does the cycle look like?
right now here is my plan, it is not set in stone because I am looking for any help people can give regarding my cycle and diet

CYCLE
1-4 Diesel I was told 3,3,3,3 (pill split) but was considering 2,3,4,4
1-4 Epi 2,3,4,4 (I have run epi and did really well at 60mg unless this is to much with the diesel)
1-4 Dermacrine
1-4 N2guard
PCT
4-8 Forma
4-8 N2guard
4-8 Sustain Alpha
4-8 HcGen
4-8 Unleashed / Post Cycle

Two questions I do have.
I am going to include peptides (GHRP6 and CJC with DAC) but I am really stumped on if I should run throughout my cycle, and pct, or just PCT.
I am also stumped on Dosing.
I have read a ton of info on peptides, but everyone seems to have their own plan and idea. The most consistent info I have found is the times people are taking their dose.
On actual Does I have read everything form 100mg to 350mg

HcGen
Should I run both during cycle and PCT, or just PCT. I have read good things both ways, but would I just be wasting my money on cycle with two powerful supps?

Routine
madcow 5x5 I lift 3 days a week MWF
Cardio is HIIT T/TH and I am stealing most of it from Rick O'shea (crazy mofo)

Diet
I could really use some help on this part
I am Carb cycling and in 4 days have lost almost 5lbs with it but I am a college kid and need help with more food ideas, and working on macros

Stats are
5'8
185 16%bf

Sunday I want to be my high carb day because thats when I go out with friends, and I want to enjoy carbs even though I do no cardio or workout that day. But my plan looked like this

Monday 50g carbs
Tuesday >15g
Wed 15-20g
Thurs >15g
Friday 15-20g
Saturday 50g
Sunday >150g

Honestly I have no idea on what my fat gram macros need to be around.
I dont know a lot about cutting down. When I was in my teens I just did cardio, easy cardio and the LBS feel off, this is a new thing for me, having to watch my diet and do intense cardio

Right now I am around 2500 calories a day and I am feeling fine in my workouts and energy during the day.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks pretty good but I wouldn't stack the 2 methyls for 4 weeks. Maybe keep your dosing the same, but bridge them by starting Epi the 3rd week. That would give you a 6 week cycle to help keep gains, and you would only be stacking the 2 methyls for 2 weeks instead of 4...;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HCGenerate has been used succesfully both on cycle and in PCT, but I have only used it in PCT and it was great. You don't have to use it on cycle though, and using it strictly for PCT is fine.

I don't have much input for the peptides, maybe someone else will have input for that.

I'm also not an expert for carb cycling, but it just seems that your carb count is way low even for that, but I've never tried it so not sure. It just seems that you would have no energy with that low of carbs.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good but I wouldn't stack the 2 methyls for 4 weeks. Maybe keep your dosing the same, but bridge them by starting Epi the 3rd week. That would give you a 6 week cycle to help keep gains, and you would only be stacking the 2 methyls for 2 weeks instead of 4...;)

Yea, that sounds like a plan. Nathan had recommended the 4 weeks of each when I was looking strictly to bulk, but I decided against it and I have been out of it and didnt think of bridging them.

Energy is also pretty good at my carb levels.
I take a 1/2oz of Cacao Nibs in the morning and a 1/2oz of Goji berries and I manage to burn through the day with no problems so far!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the gym, and I KTS.
My body is responding really well to the carb cycling and 5x5
Just last Friday I was having trouble completing this routine and today I flew through it and I even was adding weight to the exercises. when I stepped on the scale I weighed in at 184

After 5 days of carb cycling I am down 7LBS and I can feel my strength going up and at this point it is all natural so I can't wait to add in the juice

SQUAT
5 X 100
5 X 135
5 X 155
5 X 185
3 X 205
8 x 155

BENCH
5 X 143
5 X 185
5 X 225
5 X 275
3 X 305
8 x 225

ROW
5 X 100
5 X 150
5 X 170
5 X 190
3 X 205
8 x 150

Barbell to overhead press
10 x 65
8 x 85
6 x 95
12 x 65

Tricep push downs
10 x 57
10 x 57
10 x 57

I did not get around to weighted dips because the old lady was in a hurry, so I will add them in monday since I only have one assistance exercise that day.

Considering I have been on lower carbs, and I have been cutting back my cal's I am feeling really really good. I am seeing results in my stomach already, and my strength feels through the roof. Maybe its the placebo effect, or knowing that the goods are coming soon but there is a huge increase in my motivation, drive, and raw power.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got back from the gym, and I KTS.
My body is responding really well to the carb cycling and 5x5
Just last Friday I was having trouble completing this routine and today I flew through it and I even was adding weight to the exercises. when I stepped on the scale I weighed in at 184

After 5 days of carb cycling I am down 7LBS and I can feel my strength going up and at this point it is all natural so I can't wait to add in the juice

SQUAT
5 X 100
5 X 135
5 X 155
5 X 185
3 X 205
8 x 155

BENCH
5 X 143
5 X 185
5 X 225
5 X 275
3 X 305
8 x 225

ROW
5 X 100
5 X 150
5 X 170
5 X 190
3 X 205
8 x 150

10 x 65
8 x 85
6 x 95
12 x 65

Tricep push downs
10 x 57
10 x 57
10 x 57

I did not get around to weighted dips because the old lady was in a hurry, so I will add them in monday since I only have one assistance exercise that day.

Considering I have been on lower carbs, and I have been cutting back my cal's I am feeling really really good. I am seeing results in my stomach already, and my strength feels through the roof. Maybe its the placebo effect, or knowing that the goods are coming soon but there is a huge increase in my motivation, drive, and raw power.

Great job bud. Workout looks solid!!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
That was supposed to read barbell curl to overhead press (reverse grip press)

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Mondays workout 1/31/11

SQUAT
5 X 105
5 X 135
5 X 155
5 X 190
5 X 210

BENCH
5 X 145
5 X 185
5 X 225
5 X 260
5 X 305

ROW
5 X 105
5 X 130
5 X 150
5 X 175
5 X 205

Yesterday was a great workout, I really feel like the 5x5 is improving my strength.
The first time I did these exercises I was having a hard time doing the weight and I went right through it yesterday.
This weekend I had a really bad weekend for the diet, and a bad monday too because of this damn snow/ice storm we are having in the midwest.

But today I am keeping very strict and I am going to do 15 minutes of intense HIIT at the house since I am snowed in.

btw, pics will start going up once I start my cycle.
I am waiting on my peptides to come in, I also got some t3 because it was super cheap

Do you think it would be best to hold off on the GHRP-6 and grf-1 until pct and run the t3 on cycle?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got a pretty damn strong bench indy! I might havta try the 5x5 routine sometime..

Don't know too much on peptides bro sorry, but yeah the t3 will stack up good with anabolics. Don't wanna be running that stuff alone.

Oh yeah man I'm in the midwest to bro, u know this, i'm sick and tired of shoveling all this friggin snow already! Probably havta skip the gym tomorrow cause i'm sure it'll be closed and i'll have a good foot of snow to shovel....

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got a pretty damn strong bench indy! I might havta try the 5x5 routine sometime..

Don't know too much on peptides bro sorry, but yeah the t3 will stack up good with anabolics. Don't wanna be running that stuff alone.

Oh yeah man I'm in the midwest to bro, u know this, i'm sick and tired of shoveling all this friggin snow already! Probably havta skip the gym tomorrow cause i'm sure it'll be closed and i'll have a good foot of snow to shovel....
I hear you loud and clear man. I am in the a$$hole of the midwest myself, and my gym will probably be closed due to the blizzard tomorrow. Sucks when you just start a cycle and cant go to the gym...:dammit:

BTW good workout indy. You have a hell of a bench man! that 5x5 is looking pretty killer..

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya go break in there and smash some weights rock. lmao. Or if you have to shovel, that alone is a damn good workout if you get a foot of snow to throw around. Last big blizzard we had over a foot of snow or something i was out shoveling for about 2-3 hours. Tell you what i was sore in the arms, shoulders and back like a mofo!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Enough of the snow talk lol I am already depressed.
Thankfully my gym has a feature where you just take your card and it unlocks the doors no matter what time or day.

Thanks for the props on the bench, it took me a long time to get it there. May 2009 I could barley do 180 3 times.
I give the credit to the half reps and decline. For some reason my bench was stuck and as soon as I started hitting the decline hard my flat went out big time.

Now its time to catch the rest up haha.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Weighed myself this afternoon and 10lbs down in 10 days!

I hit the gym for some fasted HIIT card and did the sprints and push ups again for 15 min and went home to work for a while. Decided to go to the gym around 630 and the water pump on the car went out. So I will either try to make today up tomorrow or double up Friday

I'm really excited for Monday and really hoping that all my supps are in. I am really excited for the t3 diesel combo and really hoping to see abs by the end of all this.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

I hit the gym for some fasted HIIT card and did the sprints and push ups again for 15 min and went home to work for a while. Decided to go to the gym around 630 and the water pump on the car went out. So I will either try to make today up tomorrow or double up Friday

I'm really excited for Monday and really hoping that all my supps are in. I am really excited for the t3 diesel combo and really hoping to see abs by the end of all this.
What kind of car?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

10 lbs. In 10 days is incredible man!! Adding In that diesel/T3 will be pretty badass too ;)

Good Job so far man

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I have been adding a lot of weighted abs to my workout so when I start the diesel I have a better starting point, and the muscles are primed.

Do you guys have any suggestions for weighted abs besides the regular stuff?

I mostly have been doing resistance where I will take a 12lbs medicine ball and do 20 sit ups on a decline, and then I will do 10 with someone resisting the ball as I move upwards.

Decline sit ups with 35lbs plate
Weight leg raises

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Friday's workout 2/4/11
SQUAT
5 X 110
5 X 140
5 X 165
5 X 195
3 X 225
8 x 165

BENCH
5 X 155
5 X 190
5 X 230
5 X 265
3 X 315
8 x 225

ROW
5 X 105
5 X 130
5 X 155
5 X 185
3 X 215
8 x 155

10 x 65
10 x 75
10 x 75

Tricep push downs
10 x 45
10 x 57
10 x 65

Weighted dips
Only added 25lbs for 3 sets of 10 beacuse the weight belt was broken.
had a really good workout, finished with some killer hiit

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite weighted ABS exercise is doing cable crunches with the rope attachment and a floor mat. It makes my ABS more sore than anything :)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ah weight leg raises take me back in the day.nice avy by the way.

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Started the Diesel today, along with the dermacrine, gear, and N2guard

2/7/2011 workout
SQUAT
5 X 110
5 X 135
5 X 165
5 X 190
5 X 215

BENCH
5 X 155
5 X 190
5 X 235
5 X 270
5 X 305

ROW
5 X 100
5 X 135
5 X 160
5 X 185
5 X 215

Weighted hypers
Weighted abs

Had a really good workout, but I think the squats are a little low because when I did my baseline I had not done them in a long time and I am starting to get some of the memory back, so I plan to skip ahead 2 weeks in the squat weight.
Killed everything else, and felt really good.