Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great motivator from this N2BM contest.

Pictures taken 01/16/11.
Current Weight: 220lbs
Height 5'10

[/IMG]

Endo's in the hause. I'm excited about my upcoming cut/recomp'ish. I'm using this opportunity as a major motivator above anything else, this will be a great experience.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
KILL IT MAN! :)

I wasn't sure if you'd take this right or not, haha, but I'll post it anyway. It's just a joke.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
give it hell.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sam I think you're only the second one to get a log up. So what are you're plans straight cut or some added mass...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sam I think you're only the second one to get a log up. So what are you're plans straight cut or some added mass...
I saw some other kid with a host of N2BM -adrol products, presumably he's going to mass out. I have no choice but to do a cut of some some, at least until I shave off another 20lbs of fat. I'm going to try and achieve with a recomp approach as oppose to a straight, all out cut. I've put on some hard earned size I want to preserve as much as possible.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw some other kid with a host of N2BM -adrol products, presumably he's going to mass out. I have no choice but to do a cut of some some, at least until I shave off another 20lbs of fat. I'm going to try and achieve with a recomp approach as oppose to a straight, all out cut. I've put on some hard earned size I want to preserve as much as possible.
I have no choice but to cut as I got sloppy in December...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good Sam. I think I have to get in on this man, if I don't have something to keep me motivated right now it will be a rough road. This works perfect with my cycle plans too.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good Sam. I think I have to get in on this man, if I don't have something to keep me motivated right now it will be a rough road. This works perfect with my cycle plans too.
Yah dive right in, nothing to lose and everything to gain. The main reason I am doing this is I promised my wife to not compete this year and this is an excellent motivator to lean out for summer. I still have hopes I can change here mind though and hit a comp in the fall after I have appeased here with a nice vacation...:147:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
lol, I get that joke a lot.

Thanks for joining in :147:
:) Whew... good! "YOU....... ARE NEXT!"

Just don't cheat with magical blinding powder from your belly button, and you'll be good to go on your NTBM cycle!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro, may the best man win, hey, if only 3 of us do it we all win, lol.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Damn Volcom you're a big dude! Best of luck, I bet you will be looking SHREDDED by the time this things over! KILL THAT SH1T!!!

And yes, if Heat Miser pops in here, the SH1T NEEDS to be KILLED!! :lol:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree with the recomp verus all out cut-good luck.
tom

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tom
Yah a bit of an agressive recomp I would guess 20 lbs ought to do it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no choice but to cut as I got sloppy in December...
Does your version of sloppy mean you only have a visible 4 pack instead of 8? You're a pretty dedicated and disciplined guy year round, based on your log'O wisdoms.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should TOOOOTALLY get on it Fin. If nothing else, its a great motivator. Having people judge the final outcome of your physique is the closest thing I'll ever get to competitive bodybuilding, lol. It's a good motivator, I would totally encourage you to do it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does your version of sloppy mean you only have a visible 4 pack instead of 8? You're a pretty dedicated and disciplined guy year round, based on your log'O wisdoms.
Actually I can see my bottom abs but not in the pics so much as they are a bit blurry. I get sloppy looking because of loose skin, I don't really look good untill I get really lean. I am pretty watery still as well... I was 244 when these were taken so I think I will go 210 which should have me about the same as last year. Not as far down as I would want to go for contest but it's only 14 weeks. I might shoot for lower we'll see how it goes.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:) Whew... good! "YOU....... ARE NEXT!"

Just don't cheat with magical blinding powder from your belly button, and you'll be good to go on your NTBM cycle!
That movie was sick, the only part that sucked was the dude who was using the serpent style kung fu was one of the guys I wanted to see fight and he got KO'd in like 2 seconds.

Good luck bro, may the best man win, hey, if only 3 of us do it we all win, lol.
Lol, more power to ya. The stack in your pics is outright beastly. Hope you have a successful run with all them goodies.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Volcom you're a big dude! Best of luck, I bet you will be looking SHREDDED by the time this things over! KILL THAT SH1T!!!

And yes, if Heat Miser pops in here, the SH1T NEEDS to be KILLED!! :lol:
Thanks Southern. I'm a hefty dude right now, so its time to peel away the adipose and expose some landscape.

tom
Yah a bit of an agressive recomp I would guess 20 lbs ought to do it.
20lbs sounds like a cut, how much time you talking?
I think I could manage 20lbs in the time of the contest or probably 15lbs of actual fat. I haven't done cardio in months, so I'll probably drop 5lbs of water just from the addition of cardio.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually I can see my bottom abs but not in the pics so much as they are a bit blurry. I get sloppy looking because of loose skin, I don't really look good untill I get really lean. I am pretty watery still as well... I was 244 when these were taken so I think I will go 210 which should have me about the same as last year. Not as far down as I would want to go for contest but it's only 14 weeks. I might shoot for lower we'll see how it goes.
Goddaaaang D-dubja! I thought I had relatively large traps, you've got camel humps like TG!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goddaaaang D-dubja! I thought I had relatively large traps, you've got camel humps like TG!
Yah and I never directly work them it's just genetic...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Dream I just saw your pics... Huge traps going on there.. Mine have been getting bigger with little to no direct work too lol.. Do you deadlift?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dream I just saw your pics... Huge traps going on there.. Mine have been getting bigger with little to no direct work too lol.. Do you deadlift?
I'm a big advocate of Dead lifts, except I can't do them right now. Hopefully that changes soon.
Yah in the off season but not with every routine. I do some cleans as well which does have an effect.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I hit a 405 x 5 PR when I was 19 or 20, at a lot lower weight then im at now, had a back injury(not bb related) and was scared to deadlift until last year. So I started real low, and I hit a new PR of 405 x 6 just this last friday. My biggest jump has been on this cycle, from 315 for a couple reps to 405 x 6.. im gonna aim for 455 x 5 by april or may...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hit a 405 x 5 PR when I was 19 or 20, at a lot lower weight then im at now, had a back injury(not bb related) and was scared to deadlift until last year. So I started real low, and I hit a new PR of 405 x 6 just this last friday. My biggest jump has been on this cycle, from 315 for a couple reps to 405 x 6.. im gonna aim for 455 x 5 by april or may...
Here's a deadlift story, my son was 16 and I saw him do 4X 445 raw... they were letter perfect too... just nuts ... made me feel inadequate. Marsh my mentor looks at me and says, he's making us all look stupid...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Well that just made my nuts shrink a little bit... :lmao: At 16, that's some massive weight. My back has always been my weakest attribute, but these last 6 months I have been making big moves in order to change that. I work out with this kid from time to time who weighs in at 140 (and age 15) who deadlifts 335 for reps, and thats 2.3 times his weight.

So the question is still... Do you deadlift? Cuz those traps are sick and you said you dont do direct work but hell, you gotta have some strong pulls with those things lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice man. I had a slip disc injury a few years ago and I continue to re-aggravate my lower back whenever i get back into dead lifts, so I understand the initial hesitation to start. Good job on getting back to old form though!

Here's a deadlift story, my son was 16 and I saw him do 4X 445 raw... they were letter perfect too... just nuts ... made me feel inadequate. Marsh my mentor looks at me and says, he's making us all look stupid...
Your son is too beastmode. What the hell, at 16?!?!

Well that just made my nuts shrink a little bit... :lmao: At 16, that's some massive weight. My back has always been my weakest attribute, but these last 6 months I have been making big moves in order to change that. I work out with this kid from time to time who weighs in at 140 (and age 15) who deadlifts 335 for reps, and thats 2.3 times his weight.

So the question is still... Do you deadlift? Cuz those traps are sick and you said you dont do direct work but hell, you gotta have some strong pulls with those things lol

My back is my strongest suite and my posterior chain as a whole was the strongest of all, which is why it sucks I can't dead lift right now, but I'm getting back into BB rows and T-bar rows, which I'm thrilled about.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yah I dead on and off... I was pretty good at one time around 500 but I used straps then. I try to go heavy again but I always run into small injuries. I did 335 for 10 last summer which is not too bad... then my hammies started to act up. My legs are somewhat overworked with all the walking I do. I would have to say that deads used to be my best lift over all. Long arms too...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know he hurt his back playing football but he's ok now but doesn't lift cuz he works nights and has a new baby, he's anxious to get back at it but .. circomstances. It's fun when you have a big lifter like that around. He's 22 right now and it would take some time but he would be getting some big lifts for sure. He's on of those big boned guys you know one of those dudes with big ol heads...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know he hurt his back playing football but he's ok now but doesn't lift cuz he works nights and has a new baby, he's anxious to get back at it but .. circomstances. It's fun when you have a big lifter like that around. He's 22 right now and it would take some time but he would be getting some big lifts for sure. He's on of those big boned guys you know one of those dudes with big ol heads...
Yeah, my old workout partner Zack was a big boned guy. Played line backer in college. Wide as hell from clavicle to clavicle, so he had a wide back like a giant bat. He wasn't all the muscular or bodybuilding strong, just huge, thick bone structure and he'd eat you alive on the football field.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! Good luck buddy, I'll be routing for you!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should TOOOOTALLY get on it Fin. If nothing else, its a great motivator. Having people judge the final outcome of your physique is the closest thing I'll ever get to competitive bodybuilding, lol. It's a good motivator, I would totally encourage you to do it.
Yes I am going to do it and will see about getting pictures taken tonight since I will have a photographer over... to do pre or post coitus is the question???? Extra cardio never hurt anyone!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man. I had a slip disc injury a few years ago and I continue to re-aggravate my lower back whenever i get back into dead lifts, so I understand the initial hesitation to start. Good job on getting back to old form though!

My back is my strongest suite and my posterior chain as a whole was the strongest of all, which is why it sucks I can't dead lift right now, but I'm getting back into BB rows and T-bar rows, which I'm thrilled about.
I could live without deads if I could do BB Rows, they are a favorite of mine as they can be so challenging and there are different grips to do to make it interesting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I am going to do it and will see about getting pictures taken tonight since I will have a photographer over... to do pre or post coitus is the question???? Extra cardio never hurt anyone!
Pre coitus, you do yourself no favors in taking initial pics dry :fing02: and awesome that you're getting in on it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could live without deads if I could do BB Rows, they are a favorite of mine as they can be so challenging and there are different grips to do to make it interesting.
I couldn't do either for awhile, which was depressing, but I'm just getting back into it. I can warm up from 225-275 right now. Once I feel comfortable enough to start going 315 and up I'll be back on track.

If I could choose.... I'd be torn. There are pro's and cons for each, but I think I'd side with deads.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed in man. Good luck to you;)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck bro, you know I will be here as well. Give them Hell!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is gonna be a fun log. in to pick up some tips.