What should I focus on from here ?

Kirby42785

Awards
Judging by this picture how do you guys rate my tranformation and for my experienced performing bodybuilders what should I focus on from this point if I’m planning on competing in an amateur bodybuilding competition. Thanks in advance for any input or advice
IMG_0250.jpg

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Solid transformation bro. You've made some incredible progress. It would be helpful to have a picture from the front to see if there are other areas you may want to focus on as well. Also, what are your current stats? (height, weight, age, etc.)

From your current physique, shoulder development looks solid. Rear delts look like they're developing well, which is usually a challenging area for most. I think you should spend some time focusing on your lats/upper back. Incorporate more pullups or vertical pulling movements with a wide grip to build lat width and create a more dramatic V-taper. I would also add in more shrugs and trap work to develop the rhomboids and traps.

And just like every other natural bodybuilder, don't forget about your calves. It would be helpful to see your chest and front delt development as well to see how your progress has been. Overall though.... you're looking solid! Keep up the good work.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right off, amazing transformation!
I'd work legs and calves more.

Kirby42785

Awards
I will be 30 at the end of this month I am roughly 6’ 1” and my current weight is 187lbs I’m not real sure of my body fat percentage at the moment I have been training for right at 2 years solid but my nutrition hasn’t been where it needed to be until the last 8 months or so I had to find out the hard way that you can’t out train a bad diet but here are some front and side shots comparison (my weight when I started was 240 with virtually no muscle mass)
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Very impressive OP - you look like a different person. Congrats so far on the progress. After seeing the other pictures, I would definitely make your back a focus. Your chest and delts are developing nicely, but I would put more emphasis on the upper back - heavy rows, pull downs, seated rows, etc. I think legs should also be a focus too, because legs can always be improved IMO. Keep up the work though brother, looking solid!