Thinking of taking steroids. Should I and is it really harmful?

1. Thinking of taking steroids. Should I and is it really harmful?

I been training for 6 years now natural and still havenít build much muscle. Iím in my late 20s and thinking of getting on steroids like Primobolan or Deca Durabolin. I really want to build but then cut it down. My hopes for building a body naturally is gone. Thereís two sides to the steroids story some say is bad and others been taking it for years up into their 60s and their still strong and going. My question is, should I do it? I always wanted to build up.i would also want to ask what steroids would you guys recommend. If you want to know how Iím built now il post pics of me.

2. Honestly, I have no experience with them, nor plan on it, but from the side effects I have heard and from people I know that have taken then, they would never truly be worth taking unless you plan on competing
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dukethumper View Post
    Honestly, I have no experience with them, nor plan on it, but from the side effects I have heard and from people I know that have taken then, they would never truly be worth taking unless you plan on competing
    I do not plan on competing, but I want to build decent size. Naturally Iím not building itís not coming in for me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by iconclast View Post
    I do not plan on competing, but I want to build decent size. Naturally Iím not building itís not coming in for me.
    Is it that you are hitting plateaus on lifts or the growth isn't coming? You can always change up your training to hit your needs, but I understand the level steroid can bring you to that other things can't, j would just think about future, but again, talk to the really experienced people, in just saying what I know from steroid users

5. what do your calories look like?
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by iconclast View Post
    I been training for 6 years now natural and still haven’t build much muscle. I’m in my late 20s and thinking of getting on steroids like Primobolan or Deca Durabolin. I really want to build but then cut it down. My hopes for building a body naturally is gone. There’s two sides to the steroids story some say is bad and others been taking it for years up into their 60s and their still strong and going. My question is, should I do it? I always wanted to build up.i would also want to ask what steroids would you guys recommend. If you want to know how I’m built now il post pics of me.
    Have you tried any natural anabolics?

Basic Information Request
    • What is your age? 20...
    • Weight:
    • Body Fat %:
    • Programming: (What is your routine?)
    • TDEE: (Total Daily Energy Expenditure to maintain current weight) TDEE Link

I've got a few ideas, but what do you think is the reasoning for your lack of growth?

Have you taken supplements of any sort?
    What does your diet look like?
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    I am an ambassador of being healthy; fit, and smart.
    15% code: MARK15

7. ATM my diet isnít the best. I use to track macros. But donít anymore. Iím 27, Iím 170 I donít know my bf% but Iím at a point were Iím stuck. I always wanted to be muscular but Iím weak. And think I have **** genetics. Just feel like itís never gonna happen for me with out the juice.

8. Quote Originally Posted by iconclast View Post
    ATM my diet isn’t the best. I use to track macros. But don’t anymore. I’m 27, I’m 170 I don’t know my bf% but I’m at a point were I’m stuck. I always wanted to be muscular but I’m weak. And think I have **** genetics. Just feel like it’s never gonna happen for me with out the juice.
    Stats
    Weight: 170
    BF? You're going to have to give us a guesstimate: *10 ; *12 ; *15 ; 20 ; 25 ; 30
    Use this link to estimate

Nobody's genetics are that bad.

If I had to guess, you trained too hard; did not rest enough; and ate much less than needed.
    You need to study up on how things work. You would know your body fat percentage for instance and TDEE.
    You don't have to break down the macros, just have a general idea. Take advantage of your young age and *metabolism.

I'm a big fan of a 3 on 1 off program

3 on 1 off

Day 1 : Chest/Arms

• Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-8
    • Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x6-8
    • Flat Dumbbell Flye 3x8-10
    • Dips 3x10-12

* Cable Crossover performed every 2nd-3rd session *

• Barbell Curl 3x6-8 / Lying French Press 3x6-8
    • Incline Dumbbell Curl 3x8-10 / Tricep Pressdown 3x10-12
    • Preacher Curl 3x8-10/ Overhead Extension 3x8-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 45-60 minutes

Day 2 : Legs/Calves

• Back Squats 3x6-8 (alternate with Front Squats)
    • Leg Press 3x8-10
    • Leg Extension 3x10-12
    • Romanian Deadlift 3x6-8

* Leg Curls performed every 2nd-3rd session *

• Calf Press 3x15-20
    • Standing Calf Raise 3x15-20
    • Seated Calf Raise 3x6-10

Workout Duration : Approximately 40-50 minutes

Day 3 : Back/Delts

• Barbell Row 3x6-8
    • Lat Pulldown 3x10-12
    • Cable Row 3x8-10
    • TBAR Row 3x6-8 (Dumbbell Row if heavy enough DB's)

* Shrugs performed every 2nd-3rd session *

• Military Press 3x6-8
    • Side Lateral / Rear Lateral 3x8-10
    • Upright Row 3x6-8

*Face Pulls performed @ end for shoulder health

Workout Duration : 45-60 minutes

You don't list any supplements used so I'm assuming you've not taken any.

• Creatine
    • Protein (Powder)
    • Pre Workout
    • Natural Anabolics (i.e., Follidrone 2.0)

I would not suggest delving into any synthetic anabolics as you can work smarter and make gains in 2-3 months without them.
    This is my advice with the information you've given.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH

9. I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but have you had your natural test levels checked out?

10. Come to the dark side..lol. I was 30 when I started. At 6'6, I weighed 225 at the time and probably had a max bench of of 250. I'm now 44 and have a 600+ bench and weigh 320. Run Test E at 500 a week, 250 twice a week for 16 to 20 weeks with a solid PCT (a real one, not that GNC crap). Eat your ass off (think chicken rice veggies 8 to 10 times a day) and train like a madman...limit your cardio to like 30 easy minutes 3 times a week. You should be able to pack on 20 to 30 pounds. Nothing to worry about, its not like your shooting dope. A lot of guys on here talk out of their ass and give advice with no first hand knowledge. This has been my life for 20 years. No worries, if you like some no BS advice, just ask. Its really not rocket science or as scary and complicated as many people make it.

11. Definitely get baseline testosterone levels checked before ever touching anything though. Training for 6 years without any real progress means either a) your natural test levels could be low b) your training / eating regimen needs work (before ever touching gear)

12. Quote Originally Posted by Dukethumper View Post
    Honestly, I have no experience with them, nor plan on it, but from the side effects I have heard and from people I know that have taken then, they would never truly be worth taking unless you plan on competing
    Competing has nothing to do with weather or not someone decides to use, they were not created for bodybuilding and if used intelligently the sides are minimal and easily controllable. That being said if someone has to ask weather or not there worth using they need to do a little more research. Also you said your diet isint that good. With or without steroids your diet is a major factor in building muscle

13. Let's revisit planet earth for a moment.

27 year old has been exercising for 6 years and has built little muscle.
    No. That's not true. You've been lifting something, but where I'm thinking is you have not really been dedicated in the gym or the kitchen.

Steroids, as noted in other posts will not magically change your approach or your results, only potentially cause you harm.
    My suggestions above are solid and I would add, spend your money on a coach to give you the edge you need moving forward.

Summary

1. Fix your diet
    2. Learn the importance of rest and recuperation
    3. Focus on a program and a plan of action with realistic achievable results
    4. Act on your plan
    5. Log it (Here or privately) and the journal will help you look back where you began, and mark your milestones achieved
    6. Read and become a student of physiology and exercise
    7. Get a coach that deals in natural bodybuilding

When you succeed in your goals or on your journey.
    Help someone else.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH

14. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Let's revisit planet earth for a moment.

27 year old has been exercising for 6 years and has built little muscle.
    No. That's not true. You've been lifting something, but where I'm thinking is you have not really been dedicated in the gym or the kitchen.

Steroids, as noted in other posts will not magically change your approach or your results, only potentially cause you harm.
    My suggestions above are solid and I would add, spend your money on a coach to give you the edge you need moving forward.

Summary

1. Fix your diet
    2. Learn the importance of rest and recuperation
    3. Focus on a program and a plan of action with realistic achievable results
    4. Act on your plan
    5. Log it (Here or privately) and the journal will help you look back where you began, and mark your milestones achieved
    6. Read and become a student of physiology and exercise
    7. Get a coach that deals in natural bodybuilding

When you succeed
    Help someone else.
    Yep, there's a huge difference between training hard for 6 years or really any years then there is by just going to the gym. A few dedicated years of eating and training right will pack pounds of muscle on anyone

15. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Yep, there's a huge difference between training hard for 6 years or really any years then there is by just going to the gym. A few dedicated years of eating and training right will pack pounds of muscle on anyone
    You saying like i didnít put in any work. I went in put in work use to track macros but it just wasnít coming in

16. OP - how long have you been lifting for? And how long have you been consistently lifting for?

There is and will always be two sides to this one - those who have used anabolics and loved them, and those who have never used them or used them and had a bad experience. The choice is ultimately up to you.

As others have mentioned, I would dig a little deeper and focus more on your diet and training, and keep in mind that with or without anabolics these gains don't just happen over night. I truly believe that you can build a strong and aesthetic physique without anabolics whether you have great genetics or trash genetics. Consistency is the driving factor for your success - consistent training, consistent nutrition, and consistent rest/recovery
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. To be Honest I'm not a fan of Supplements it's all down to good diet and motivation to take yourself from A To B if you have a goal set in your mind for example put on solid muscle you have to take your whole lifestyle into consideration..like what the guy above said these things don't happen over night look I'd prefer lean natural muscle mass over the Bulky Steroid look any day it varies by person really.

Natural gains are possible it just takes Time and Dedication to achieve this I hope you Choose Wisely , best of Look man.

18. if your dedicated to working out and have done your research etc, then I dont see why not. I plan to start in a couple years as well once I build my foundation.

19. Steroids or not..training and diet determine what your body looks like. Truth, gear will help you achieve your goals faster and build a body you could not build without them. That is truth...no matter what kind of body or what your goals are. Truth...if you abuse them, or do not know what you are doing, they can be dangerous. Many athletes use gear to achieve their goals and only a small percentage of them look like blocky body builders...lance Armstrong, sprinters, boxers, marathon runners, etc. It's all about how you train and your purpose for training. If you don't have a legitimate reason, don't use use them. If you just want to look good with your shirt off to pull more women, do more abs and cardio and make more money.

20. Quote Originally Posted by iconclast View Post
    ATM my diet isnít the best. I use to track macros. But donít anymore. Iím 27, Iím 170 I donít know my bf% but Iím at a point were Iím stuck. I always wanted to be muscular but Iím weak. And think I have **** genetics. Just feel like itís never gonna happen for me with out the juice.
    Eat more, then lift more, then eat even more and lift even more...
    steroids or not you need to get your head around this.
  21. Thinking of taking steroids. Should I and is it really harmful?

Quote Originally Posted by iconclast View Post
    I been training for 6 years now natural and still havenít build much muscle. Iím in my late 20s and thinking of getting on steroids like Primobolan or Deca Durabolin. I really want to build but then cut it down. My hopes for building a body naturally is gone. Thereís two sides to the steroids story some say is bad and others been taking it for years up into their 60s and their still strong and going. My question is, should I do it? I always wanted to build up.i would also want to ask what steroids would you guys recommend. If you want to know how Iím built now il post pics of me.
    I would suggest looking into what most here stated in terms of training, nutrition and supplements if you want to add them. Iím 6í5 and began my journey as a basketball player, very little weightlifting. High school weighed 190. Freshman through Senior in college landed me at 240-260. Fluctuations through military and crap food and found a guy on my ship to train with and I gained even more weight topping at 315. Then life after college and military maxed at 365, almost solid. Now cutting through a long process leaving muscle and strength in tact @ 44. Itís a process. I gained it all between bad nutrition and focusing on the big three. Dead/Squat/Bench. You focus on the big three for a two to three year period, youíll put on size without a problem. 3 days a week only, 3 lifts. Focus on 5x5. No worries you donít have to believe me or do it. Bottom line My Bench isnít 500 or 600+ but itís 400 and I can hit it anytime regardless of any workout I done in that week. I can hit a 405 incline, on video. Yesterday I hit 245 in a Bench competition @ 44 Reps. Do I know my test levels, absolutely. Below 300. Do I care, hell no because it hasnít affected me in the sense everyone believes. It all starts and ends in your mind. Do I look like your average 300+ powerlifter, no. I have more muscle than bf. Again Iíll put myself up against any lifter on anything. Why? I use nothing in terms of support, wraps, straps, belt, nothing. All raw. Iíve pulled 565, no straps or chalk. All raw power. Itís possible, as long as you research and dig deep every time you hit the gym. No worries, Iím sure this will not sink in. Good luck on your journey.
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!
  22. Thinking of taking steroids. Should I and is it really harmful?

Wow! Below 300 testosterone levels and you are feeling OK? Interesting that you donít have low T symptoms.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

23. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Eat more, then lift more, then eat even more and lift even more...
    steroids or not you need to get your head around this.
    Basicaly yeah in a nutshell dream big to be Big I say
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 05:25 PM
  2. TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE ANABOLIC WINDOW-IS IT REALLY NECESSARY?
    By corsaking in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
  3. Ways of Taking Steroids
    By TrynaImprove in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 06:42 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
  5. Thinking about taking steroids.
    By Fun2Train in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15