Competing cool or just a vanity fest? Your thoughts?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Do you find competing cool or more like a melting pot of vanity driven individuals who love taking 500 selfies a day ? I’m following npc shows on Instagram and **** every person is so obsessed with themselves. The women are the most guilty. It’s sort of starting to turn me off and lose interest in doing a show. Honestly I’m content in my progress and physique. Don’t really find it necessary to invest thousands of dollars to stand on stage in am amateur competition just so a judge can tell me I look good. I have no interest or desire to associate with people who are extremely vain either. My satisfaction comes from the love I have for bodybuilding, that’s it. I find posing to be sort of silly also. I hired a posing coach and as much as I try I just can’t get into it. My heart is not into it at all. It’s like a guy who isn’t a dancer and has no passion for it and trying to learn to dance. Any of you on here had a thought of competing at one time but decided against it eventually?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I️ came to the realization that to be successful in bodybuilding you have to be extremely self absorbed. I️ admire the dedication and work ethic, but you don’t really positively effect anyone. It’s all about you and your diet/training it seems

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And does anyone know why this A ? Mark thing is every time I️ type “l” maybe apples way of making me do the update?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your username is CompeteNPC, you've been a member for two months, and you've started 40 threads. Who's self absorbed?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I️ came to the realization that to be successful in bodybuilding you have to be extremely self absorbed. I️ admire the dedication and work ethic, but you don’t really positively effect anyone. It’s all about you and your diet/training it seems
Nobody gives a **** if you are a single mother who once was fat and now have a couple shows under your belt. Whoop de ****in do here’s a protein cookie. Eat it you are a skeleton in a bikini now. . Congratulations! ��This is just one of many examples. ****!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL you are a bit more subtle this time around with your troll account ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
username is "competeNPC"... starts thread talking about how much of a dbag people who compete in NPC competitions are... nice. Glad to see you've finally recognized that the problem is YOU.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Of course people who compete are self absorbed but it's just a facade. Bodybuilders are some of the most insecure people I have ever met. I once saw a guy go off gear, lose all of his size and struggle to bench a barbell with no plates. He was once benching 425 lbs for 10 reps. Must have lost about 60 pounds and tried to hide himself. It was so sad and pathetic I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Self absorbed people are extremely insecure. That's a fact. Narcissistic traits and confidence don't correlate at all. Also here in Florida I hear and talk to guys in natural bodybuilding shows. They openly talk about their cycles and what drugs they're using for the natural competition they're in it's pretty funny. But as soon as a girl walks by they're suddenly mr natural again! Lmao it's hilarious. They'll talk about their drug use with guys but as soon as a female comes around they shut up. Most guys I've talked to simply don't know how to train naturally. They rely on the drugs to do the work. They know how to train on steroids which is basically as long as you lift you'll grow and burn fat. Naturals don't get that luxury. Naturals actually have to know what they're doing to get results

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Of course people who compete are self absorbed but it's just a facade. Bodybuilders are some of the most insecure people I have ever met. I once saw a guy go off gear, lose all of his size and struggle to bench a barbell with no plates. He was once benching 425 lbs for 10 reps. Must have lost about 60 pounds and tried to hide himself. It was so sad and pathetic I couldn't help but feel bad for him. Self absorbed people are extremely insecure. That's a fact. Narcissistic traits and confidence don't correlate at all. Also here in Florida I hear and talk to guys in natural bodybuilding shows. They openly talk about their cycles and what drugs they're using for the natural competition they're in it's pretty funny. But as soon as a girl walks by they're suddenly mr natural again! Lmao it's hilarious. They'll talk about their drug use with guys but as soon as a female comes around they shut up. Most guys I've talked to simply don't know how to train naturally. They rely on the drugs to do the work. They know how to train on steroids which is basically as long as you lift you'll grow and burn fat. Naturals don't get that luxury. Naturals actually have to know what they're doing to get results
I mean really what do you gain by competing unless you got the goods to qualify pro? Sit back and think about it for a second. Sit back and think of all the people right now entering contests because their ego's are through the roof and are self absorbed. They have no aspirations of turning pro. They are just entering contests because they want to be called the most beautiful out of all the people in their class. Able to go back to their gym or post on instagram about their trophy and how amazing it feels along with 20 new duck face selfies in their little pink undies. That is not what this sport should be about in my opinion. GTFO of here with that BS.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean really what do you gain by competing unless you got the goods to qualify pro? Sit back and think about it for a second. Sit back and think of all the people right now entering contests because their ego's are through the roof and are self absorbed. They have no aspirations of turning pro. They are just entering contests because they want to be called the most beautiful out of all the people in their class. Able to go back to their gym or post on instagram about their trophy and how amazing it feels along with 20 new duck face selfies in their little pink undies. That is not what this sport should be about in my opinion. GTFO of here with that BS.
I’m confused. Do you compete? NPC is in your name? Do you plan on going pro? Who are you to say why people compete? Perhaps some people just enjoy it, seeing what their body is capable of, with no desire to “win” anything from it (praise, money, fame, etc), with the only “reward” being the activity itself, not dependent on the outcome to find satisfaction in it? Why play basketball if you don’t plan on going pro? Why paint if you don’t plan on being the next great painter? Why powerlift if you don’t plan on being the worlds strongest man? Why play guitar if you don’t plan on being the next great rockstar? What a miserable life it must be to only do what you think will earn you a paycheck.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I first competed in my first Contest NGA Nashville Night of champions in 2009, Open bodybuilding heavyweight class because I always wanted to and had been posing and taking pictures since 2002. I got injured and realized how much i missed improving my body so i did my first show. Since then I've done three more shows. Switched over to Classic Physique in 2016. Did Junior Nationals this past summer.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I’m confused. Do you compete? NPC is in your name? Do you plan on going pro? Who are you to say why people compete? Perhaps some people just enjoy it, seeing what their body is capable of, with no desire to “win” anything from it (praise, money, fame, etc), with the only “reward” being the activity itself, not dependent on the outcome to find satisfaction in it? Why play basketball if you don’t plan on going pro? Why paint if you don’t plan on being the next great painter? Why powerlift if you don’t plan on being the worlds strongest man? Why play guitar if you don’t plan on being the next great rockstar? What a miserable life it must be to only do what you think will earn you a paycheck.
I do have thoughts of competing, still considering it. Sort of leaning against it to be honest with you when the time comes because I follow this **** through social media and I find many of the people to be a turn off with the way they carry themselves. I'll leave it at that. Honestly I don't really want to be around that, but it also makes me hungry to continue to get in the best condition of my life, and work hard on my posing so when I do step on stage I destroy everyone and then have the last laugh. I'm a very competitive person and I guarantee you people don't want to face me in any sport I have competed in. Why compete if the only reason is to receive validation from a judge that you are good looking and so forth? You are investing thousands of dollars for people to hand you validation. Are there people out there who compete because they want to have something to show for their hard work in the gym? Of course, and I respect that. They are the ones who treat this as a SPORT, not a BEAUTY CONTEST! But there are far too many who get in shows for the sole reason of being insecure and needing someone to validate them that they are making progress and look good. That is not how it should be in my opinion. Compete if you have aspirations to get to the next level not because you need someone to tell you that you look good. There are tons of people who enter shows due to insecurity playing the main role in their decision to compete. Congratulations to those who have entered a contest. Prove that you are better than that and actually place instead of taking up a spot by paying an entry fee.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll just leave this here......

How Narcissists See Themselves

1. I love myself, and I know you do, too. In fact, everyone does. I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t.

2. I have no need to apologize. You, however, must understand, accept, and tolerate me no matter what I do or say.

3. I have few equals in this world, and so far, I have yet to meet one. I am the best _______ (manager, businessman, lover, student, etc.).

4. Most people don’t measure up. Without me to lead, others would flounder.

5. I appreciate that there are rules and obligations, but those apply mostly to you, because I don’t have the time or the inclination to abide by them. Besides, rules are for the average person, and I am far above average.

6. I hope you appreciate all that I am and everything that I have achieved for you — because I am wonderful and faultless.

7. I do wish we could be equals, but we are not and never will be. I will remind you with unapologetic frequency that I am the smartest person in the room and how well I did in school, in business, as a parent, etc. — and you must be grateful.

8. I may seem arrogant and haughty, and that’s OK with me; I just don’t want to be seen as being like you.

9. I expect you to be loyal to me at all times, no matter what I do. However, don’t expect me to be loyal to you in any way.