Query

AZUREUS

Awards
Hello.

I'm 6"2, 170LB, around 13.5% bodyfat, ectomorph. My goal is to gain muscle while reducing bodyfat to get more muscle tone and definition. Is this possible in the nutritional and training aspect ? And what diet should I follow ?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum. How long have you been training? It's possible to gain some muscle while losing fat (recomp) but it is a very slow process if you've been training for a long time, and it isn't the best approach IMO. If you're new to lifting, then it's much easier to gain muscle and lose body fat simultaneously.

If you're already estimating you're around 13.5%, you're already fairly lean. I would focus on eating sufficient protein (1g per pound of body weight) and track your calories/food intake every day for a few weeks to see how much you typically are eating now and how your body is responding. There's no cookie cutter "perfect" diet to follow that will work. Since every one is different, every person will need a different calorie intake to get the most out of their training. Have you been tracking your calories/macros?

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Welcome to the forum. How long have you been training? It's possible to gain some muscle while losing fat (recomp) but it is a very slow process if you've been training for a long time, and it isn't the best approach IMO. If you're new to lifting, then it's much easier to gain muscle and lose body fat simultaneously.

If you're already estimating you're around 13.5%, you're already fairly lean. I would focus on eating sufficient protein (1g per pound of body weight) and track your calories/food intake every day for a few weeks to see how much you typically are eating now and how your body is responding. There's no cookie cutter "perfect" diet to follow that will work. Since every one is different, every person will need a different calorie intake to get the most out of their training. Have you been tracking your calories/macros?
Exactly this and once you figure this out you could base yourself around Dr. Layne Norton PH3 diet. It helped me figure out how to efficiently spread out my macros. Once you have this done you can look into supplements for that extra boost.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 1
Wobmarvel Training Forum 4
Training Forum 3
Nutrition / Health 2
Nutrition / Health 3