Training/Nutrition Advice

  1. Training/Nutrition Advice


    New to the site. Started this topic to gain advice to reach my goals. End goal is to be roughly 8% bf, but still have a good amount of muscle mass and the strength/performance to back it up. Currently I'm about 17-19% bf but not entirely sure since I lost my caliper and haven't been able to buy a new one. Body weight is 176lbs with a cal intake of 12xbodyweight. At ~2100 cals, I eat .88g of protein per pound of body weight (155g) 250g of carbs, 53g of fat. One catch is I'm allergic to dairy and wheat, so I can't have yogurt, cheese etc. or whey protein. I use Carnivore instead, pre-workout is Bucked Up. Training program I've been using for the past 2 months has been Wendlers 5/3/1. I have seen a little progress strength wise, but it has almost stalled. I'll take the blame because I was generous with my 1RM when calculating the weights for each set and ended up with a weight I could barely move on the last sets without sacrificing form. Any advice on nutrition/training/supplements would help.


  2. Focus on your nutritional deficiencies. From my experience the best supplements to add in to meet common deficiencies are:
    Vit D
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    Iodine
    Omega 3's(limit your omega 6)

    Also possible add ins(non deficiencies):
    Creatine
    Bcaa's
    Ashwaghanda

    Intermittent fasting is a great way to let your body rest and control calories. Crush your veggies and I like Grassfed beef for my top protein source. But then again I'm sort of a hippie.

    Good luck and GAINZ
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Focus on your nutritional deficiencies. From my experience the best supplements to add in to meet common deficiencies are:
    Vit D
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    Iodine
    Omega 3's(limit your omega 6)

    Also possible add ins(non deficiencies):
    Creatine
    Bcaa's
    Ashwaghanda

    Intermittent fasting is a great way to let your body rest and control calories. Crush your veggies and I like Grassfed beef for my top protein source. But then again I'm sort of a hippie.

    Good luck and GAINZ
    Thanks for the input! What about my macro split and training routine?

  4. Personally I would rather see your Protein raised to 1.5g per lb of body weight whilst cutting, I get with your issues getting Protein in is difficult but I would not go below 1g.

  5. Welcome to the forum. I would also recommend increasing protein intake a bit - 1g per pound is a good number to be at. I usually stay between 1 and 1.2g per pound while cutting. If you're currently 176 @ 17-19%, you're lean mass is somewhere around 144lbs. How long have you been training for?

    If you're planning diet diet down to sub 10% naturally, strength and performance will definitely suffer. Your body will not perform optimally at that low of a body fat level, and you will most likely feel fatigued most of the time if you try to maintain that level of conditioning. With your current stats, I would recommend a slow cut or recomp to allow you to possibly gain some strength while continuing to diet down. 5/3/1 is a great program for strength, and if you're new to training it's a good program. I would also encourage adding in more accessory movements if you're working to develop more mass and a well rounded physique.

    For supplements, I would keep it simple for now. Creatine, fish oil, possibly a specialty product to give you an extra push. I think a product like Alphamax XT would be a great addition to help move you toward your goals. Alphamax XT is a great product for recomping, and it contains a very complete profile to help increase natural test, limit cortisol and estrogen, and improve recovery.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I would also recommend increasing protein intake a bit - 1g per pound is a good number to be at. I usually stay between 1 and 1.2g per pound while cutting. If you're currently 176 @ 17-19%, you're lean mass is somewhere around 144lbs. How long have you been training for?

    If you're planning diet diet down to sub 10% naturally, strength and performance will definitely suffer. Your body will not perform optimally at that low of a body fat level, and you will most likely feel fatigued most of the time if you try to maintain that level of conditioning. With your current stats, I would recommend a slow cut or recomp to allow you to possibly gain some strength while continuing to diet down. 5/3/1 is a great program for strength, and if you're new to training it's a good program. I would also encourage adding in more accessory movements if you're working to develop more mass and a well rounded physique.

    For supplements, I would keep it simple for now. Creatine, fish oil, possibly a specialty product to give you an extra push. I think a product like Alphamax XT would be a great addition to help move you toward your goals. Alphamax XT is a great product for recomping, and it contains a very complete profile to help increase natural test, limit cortisol and estrogen, and improve recovery.
    I've been training off and on for 4 years. I've been consistent the past year and a half but would yo-yo between cutting and bulking so of course I didn't see good results. To recomp what macro split would you suggest as well as training routine? As far as protein goes do I eat 1g per pound of total weight or per pound of lean body mass?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    Personally I would rather see your Protein raised to 1.5g per lb of body weight whilst cutting, I get with your issues getting Protein in is difficult but I would not go below 1g.
    I used to eat that much and I'll admit I saw results but eventually plateaued but I believe that was when I was at my leanest. I still looked skinny fat though. Had love handles but started to see the upper 2 ab muscles.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM
  2. Requesting a training/nutritional plan
    By The Anarchist in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:45 PM
  3. Looking to change training routine--Advice?
    By Irish Cannon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 02:49 PM
  4. Weight Training Nutrition Is Not Common Sense
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 12:25 PM
  5. CYCLE NUTRITION ADVICE...
    By Wolfe08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Log in
Log in