Pecks

AnthG82

AnthG82

Awards
Hi guys. Was hoping for a some assistance in development of the outer peck. I'm currently training strength so flat bench. Incline dumbbell and peck deck. Upper peck and middle are okay. Just the outer is **** really. Any training tips please.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Cable fly, keep your hands at shoulder level and cross your hands over when you get to the middle

AnthG82

AnthG82

Awards
Cable fly, keep your hands at shoulder level and cross your hands over when you get to the middle
Ok. I assumed that worked the more central peck. I'm after the outside armpit. After that line of muscle. But if you say cable cross. I'll give it a whirl thank you

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
You can also do cable flys where you start with your hands up high and bring low to your waistline. The other one, you would start low and bring up to your face

gbirch98

gbirch98

Awards
Watch Seth feroce's video on hand placement to target different areas of the chest. He's also got a lot of other great videos. Good luck!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arnold had great outer pecks so I'd try some of his tips and see if it helps you.

Dumbbell flys starting low as comfortably possible, then stop 3/4 of the way up.

Dips as deep as possible and stop 3/4 of way up

And like others stated go wide on bench.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
i was cursed with a weak chest, meaning i had good genetics, except my chest, traps, and calves were bad genetics. what worked for me was heavy bench presses. i'm proud to say my chest has improved a LOT during the years (all natty), my goal is to have an Arnold chest, i'm getting there, i'm a big fan of the golden era, tiny waist, vacuum pose, massive chest and arms, that was the look. lately i have created my training system, I call it MS training, which stands for ''muscle soreness training'' and the whole goal is to get the muscles sore, never too sore where i can't walk or something, but that nice ''ouch'' feeling, that you know you are going to grow. rn my chest and biceps are sore, lol. lately i've been incorporating dumbell flies, with a very slow, 10 second negative, works like a charm. i also do dips, just body weight, each set i do as many reps as possible. intensity is key. also, when doing bench presses, always use a wide grip and go all out, i still wanna improve my outer/lower chest, but it has improved a lot, being short (5'7'') i kinda resemble Franco Columbu a little

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CEDeoudes59 Anabolics 10