FFMI

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
So I have been doing a lot of reading and it keeps popping up about how a natty bodybuilder can achieve a max of 25 FFMI I am currently 185lbs at 14% body fat and 5ft11 it on average calculators say I have an FFMI of 23.5 which is kind of disappointing to see for a 20 year old who has only been lifting for 5 years it seems to me that my max potential is too close. What'd you guys think? I feel I am no where near being in natty competitor ranks.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
How have you measured your body fat

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Measured by a professional or by you, just trying to determine accuracy

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Measured by a professional or by you, just trying to determine accuracy
By me although I have measured 5-6 times and I am consistently at 14.5 my abs are visible without flexing. If I were to allow a margin of error I'd say I'm no more than a percent off.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say have you used the adjusted figure bit you are the correct height!! I have used 3 websites and they all have you around 22 to 22.5 for 185 at 14 or 14.5%.

The figure of 25 is not an absolute figure but just a general guide I understand that up to 27 is achievable naturally but is deemed suspicious.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
I was going to say have you used the adjusted figure bit you are the correct height!! I have used 3 websites and they all have you around 22 to 22.5 for 185 at 14 or 14.5%.

The figure of 25 is not an absolute figure but just a general guide I understand that up to 27 is achievable naturally but is deemed suspicious.
Thanks man and yeah true I guess it is just a guideline.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you aren't natty OP haha :) But seriously, being in the 22-24 range is a great accomplishment, so props to you.

It is very hard to be above a 25 FFMI naturally, but there are genetic outliers to that rule. I would see if you could get a more accurate reading for bodyfat if you want to confirm that your measuring is correct, but it sounds like you have great genetics.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
lol @ FFMI for #nattyornot

...I've always been short and stocky...BMI has always listed me as obese...I walk around @ 16-18% BF, @ 195-200lbs @ 5'7, which would basically have me tip toe this imaginary nattyornot line...when I do compete, I plan on dropping to 181, hopefully @ around 12-14% BF...hilarious to think that reaching those numbers can even list me close to a user...

as a lifetime natty, I have absolutely no hard feelings towards users...anyone willing to bust their ass in the gym throwing iron around consistently gets my respect...I am just not in a place in my life where using makes any sense.

to the OP, just keep busting your ass until you're satisfied with what looks back at you in the mirror...don't waste time with online magical calculators that define different categories of lifters...

jim-wendler-epic-quote.jpg