Last 4 weeks of prep

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My gf is having trouble dropping the last few lbs in her prep...she's hovers between 108 and 109 for the last 2 weeks. Her cardio had been increased to 20-30 min every day and hiit one day a week. She has a refeed day on Saturday with carbs around 210. Calories range from about 1270-1380 besides the refeed which is around 1410... She is 5'

Why do you think this is...
She is very stressed with school and the show which is my guess...but do you think there's a chance her calories are too low or she is doing too much cardio

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
She does a carb cycle p/c/f

High...120 165 30
Med 130 140 40
Low 140 90 50

Refeed 110 210 30

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My gf is having trouble dropping the last few lbs in her prep...she's hovers between 108 and 109 for the last 2 weeks. Her cardio had been increased to 20-30 min every day and hiit one day a week. She has a refeed day on Saturday with carbs around 210. Calories range from about 1270-1380 besides the refeed which is around 1410... She is 5'

Why do you think this is...
She is very stressed with school and the show which is my guess...but do you think there's a chance her calories are too low or she is doing too much cardio
If she's dialing in for a show and she's 5' - 108 pounds, she might have to cut back calories/carbs more. For her height and weight she has a great metabolism. Most female competitors I've seen that are that size finish a prep on 1000+/- cals per day. How many days per week is she lifting? And how far out is the show?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
She lifts 5 days... Cardio and abs one day hiit and abs the other so she is in the gym 7 days a week...as well as posing almost every day.... She is about 4 weeks out...a little less

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
She lifts 5 days... Cardio and abs one day hiit and abs the other so she is in the gym 7 days a week...as well as posing almost every day.... She is about 4 weeks out...a little less
Don't forget the importance of rest. It's hard to have a "rest"day when you're 4 weeks out, but pushing too hard may do more harm than good. If she's having trouble losing the last bit of weight, I would cut carbs more or increase low intensity cardio. She still has a nice amount of carbs to work with being that close to a show. Some small bikini competitors finish a show diet on <60g carbs per day, so don't be afraid to be a bit more aggressive.

Also, the last week before the show shouldn't be any attempt to lose more body fat. Her current conditioning 1 week out should be her best, and the last week should be spend dialing in water, sodium, and glycogen. Make sure she has some time to rest before the show. Being in the gym 7 days a week while dieting hard the week before a show is a recipe for disaster

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I planned Sunday to be the past hard workout...lower intensity workouts Monday Tuesday Wednesday then off thurs and Friday with lots of carbs

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Don't think about it too hard. Keep it simple. Weight loss has plateaued so now it's time for option 1 - add more cardio or option 2 - eat less carbs. I usually go with option one since I love food. But yes the stress could play a factor with cortisol