Epicatechin in Kratom

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Phytochemical characterization of the leaves of Mitragyna speciosa grown in U.S.A.

Abstract

Mitragyna speciosa (Rubiaceae) has traditionally been used in the tropical regions of Asia, Africa and Indonesia as a substitute for opium. Indole alkaloids are the most common compounds that have been isolated. We investigated the constituents of the leaves of M. speciosa that was grown at the University of Mississippi. Several alkaloids were isolated, including ajmalicine, corynantheidine, isomitraphylline, mitraphylline, paynantheine, isocorynantheidine, 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine, but their percentages were lower than those in a commercial Thai sample of "kratom". In addition, we isolated the flavonoid epicatechin, a saponin daucosterol, the triterpenoid saponins quinovic acid 3-O-beta-D-quinovopyranoside, quinovic acid 3-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside, as well as several glycoside derivatives including 1-O-feruloyl-beta-D-glucopyranoside, benzyl-beta-D-glucopyranoside, 3-oxo-alpha-ionyl-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside, roseoside, vogeloside, and epivogeloside. This is the first report of the last group of compounds having been isolated from a Mitragyna species. Biological studies are currently underway to test these compounds for opioid activity.

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

According to this article, Kratom contains Epicatechin, a natural anabolic that many of us (including myself) are buying as part of a natural anabolic stack (I use Follidrone 2.0). I am curious to see what you guys think of this and if anyone has any idea of the possible % that it contains. It would be nice to know my kratom is stacking with my Epi supplements to deliver an even more effective dose or perhaps I can even lower my supplement dose if I am already reaching the cap by dosing my daily kratom (about 8g a day).

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a link to your source? Id like to look into it some more. Could be on to something very interesting.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah this is it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=epicatechin+kratom

Theres not much research done on epic content on kratom from what I can tell...it could be the perfect opportunity for a supplement company...I could see a kratom epicatechin/pump preworkout coming out of this line of research easy. Mind you it would require some testing and figuring out how to get the most benefit out of kratom (there are probably particular strains that would work way better for this purpose) but definitely worth looking into!