plz answer

1. plz answer

Bodybuilding is to gain muscle, to look better, larger, more huge, competitions are judged by who looks better.
    Powerlifting is to lift more heaviest weights and to lift more and more and to build an amazing strength. Competitions are jugded by who lift more.
    Which program is better and why?
    Who's Stronger, BodyBuilder or Powerlifter? !

2. Do both. Arnold was a power lifter before he went into bodybuilding. If you use your brain it's obvious power lifters are stronger cuz their main focus is lift as much as possible.
    •   

3. Typically a power lifter is stronger, but many body builders incorporate PL type routines. Marissa Inda, girlfriend to Chad Wesley Smith (power lifter), does both physique and power lifting meets and has for over 20 years. Her opinion is to lift heavy and focus on accessory lifts and the muscles will come anyway.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

4. Question boils down to this: which one is your goal?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by DocOptimzed View Post
    Which program is better and why?
    Not better, different. To attain differing outcomes, looks or performance

Who's Stronger, BodyBuilder or Powerlifter? !
    Usually the PL'er will be stronger in the 3 lifts he trains to compete in.
    There are also genetic advantages/disadvantages in both categories.
    There have also been some really strong BB'ers.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Not better, different. To attain differing outcomes, looks or performance

Usually the PL'er will be stronger in the 3 lifts he trains to compete in.
    There are also genetic advantages/disadvantages in both categories.
    There have also been some really strong BB'ers.
    "Stronger" also depends on the rep range. While powerlifters may lift more weight for a max, or do more reps with a heavy weight, bodybuilders can often do more reps with a lighter weight.

The squat off between Tom Platz and Fred Hatfield comes to mind for me, where Hatfield beat Platz in a max squat (855 vs 765 according to some sources), but Platz beat Hatfield in reps with ~500lbs (I've heard it was between 495 and 525) (23 reps vs 11 reps).
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    "Stronger" also depends on the rep range. While powerlifters may lift more weight for a max, or do more reps with a heavy weight, bodybuilders can often do more reps with a lighter weight.

The squat off between Tom Platz and Fred Hatfield comes to mind for me, where Hatfield beat Platz in a max squat (855 vs 765 according to some sources), but Platz beat Hatfield in reps with ~500lbs (I've heard it was between 495 and 525) (23 reps vs 11 reps).
    That's muscular endurance not strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's muscular endurance not strength.
    True, but couldn't you say that Platz was "stronger" in the 15-20 rep range than Hatfield? I feel like we're sort of arguing semantics here.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    True, but couldn't you say that Platz was "stronger" in the 15-20 rep range than Hatfield? I feel like we're sort of arguing semantics here.
    Platz has better muscular endurance not strength.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Typically a power lifter is stronger, but many body builders incorporate PL type routines. Marissa Inda, girlfriend to Chad Wesley Smith (power lifter), does both physique and power lifting meets and has for over 20 years. Her opinion is to lift heavy and focus on accessory lifts and the muscles will come anyway.
    good points dude

11. Powerlifters

12. A powerlifter is almost always going to be stronger than a bodybuilder. There are exceptions, but any individual who trains to be a powerlifter will necessarily be stronger than if he trained to be a bodybuilder.

Which one is better? Well, for health purposes, I think that being a bodybuilder is better. Being a powerlifter puts a lot of stress on your ligaments, tendons, and joints.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Manhataan View Post
    . Being a powerlifter puts a lot of stress on your ligaments, tendons, and joints.
    Not necessarily. Sure, if you max effort every lift.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. GAT Muscle Martini - honest answers plz
    By courtneybaby in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 08:30 AM
  4. Hair loss questions and answers
    By Dio in forum Anabolics