Ephedrine

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
My girlfriend weighs 58 kgs she had a good figure but wants to lose all her excess fat, we have already ordered it we just want to know the dangers, how to use it and any good stacks as well as the ECA stack. And what should she be eating and drinking and what kind of excersise will burn the most fat. Sorry for being illiterate lol

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many milligrams in the tablets you purchased?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I would start with about 12 mg solo to assess tolerance levels.

Then once you asses solo dosage she can use 12 mg of Ephedrine 100 milligrams of caffeine and 80 milli grams of aspirin twice daily.

then once you get used to it she can up it to 24 mg of ephedrine 100caffeine and 80 mg of aspirin.

This is just based on my personal experience as well as the information that's out there on the ECA stack

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd follow Vujade's advice. The key is to work up slowly. Make sure she's monitoring her blood pressure and heart rate occasionally as well.

As for diet, the most important thing is to calculate her caloric needs and set a diet around that. I'll link you an online calculator which should help get her started, but she'll need to assess her weight loss on a weekly basis and adjust accordingly.

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

As for exercise, look into High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT.

http://dailyburn.com/life/db/hiit-workouts-for-beginners/

Geddy

Awards
My suggestion is to go to Walgreen's pharmacy, or any other local pharmacy, and purchase a product called "Primatene Tablets". This is a product designed for asthmatics, and contains 12.5mg of ephedrine.

I would then suggest that she gets a product called Vivarin, which are caffeine pills, at 200mg per tablet.

I would suggest that your girlfriend take no more than ONE Primatene pill, at 12.5mg per pill, along with ONE caffeine pill, at 200mg. She can also throw in a baby aspirin, at 81mg, if she wants, but what does the trick is the ephedrine/caffeine.

If your girlfriend has ANY pre-existing hypertension, or other cardiac problems, she should NOT take ephedrine, as it raises blood pressure and heart rate.

If, after two weeks of taking ONE 12.5mg ephedrine pill and ONE 200mg caffeine pill per day (only once per day, not twice), she is tolerating the effects, she can bump the dosage up to TWO 12.5mg ephedrine pills and ONE caffeine pill per day.

She should NOT exceed 25mg of ephedrine per day.

Back in the day, prior to 2004, you could purchase products containing 25mg of ephedrine. People got stupid and overdosed on it, blowing out their right ventricle. This is why ephedrine, and other pro-hormones, were banned.

So long as she follows a calorie-restrictive diet and exercises, the ephedrine/caffeine will work to supplement her regimen, but it is not meant as a replacement for an exercise routine.

As for what exercises she should do to burn abdominal fat, there are none. You can not "spot reduce", meaning you can't target specific areas of your body to reduce visceral fat accumulation. You must do cardiovascular exercise, which burns calories and fat throughout your entire body, and eat a diet that is calorie-restricted. This will take time, and there is no magic bullet that will burn abdominal (or any other fat) immediately. She is looking at a minimum of 30 days of diet and exercise before she sees any real results.

Good luck to her!

Good luck to her!

jerard

jerard

Awards
EPHEDRA PLUS HERBAL CAFFEINE IS SAFE AND EFFECTIVE LONG TERM IN MULTIPLE STUDES PER ST. LUKE'S HOSPITAL, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY AND A FORMER PROFESSOR/DR. FROM A PLACE CALLED "HARVARD", BETH ISRAEL'S MEDICAL CENTER.

Harvard/Columbia Long-Term Safety And Efficacy Trial Study Overview
On April 25, 2002, the International Journal of Obesity published the results of “the first reported long-term, clinical trial of a herbal preparation containing ephedrine alkaloids and caffeine in combination.” The trial was a prospective, two-arm, six-month, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical safety and efficacy trial conducted at two sites. The trial was conducted by a team of researchers, including Dr. Carol Boozer, the director of the New York Obesity Research Center, at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital and Columbia University, and Dr. Patricia Daly, formerly a professor at Beth Israel Medical Center, at Harvard Medical School1.

Summary
Safety: The researchers concluded that “compared with placebo, the tested product produced no adverse events and minimal side effects that are consistent with the known mechanisms of action of ephedrine and caffeine.” In fact, the number of research subjects removed from the study for potential treatment-related adverse events were similar in the active and placebo groups (collectively the “treatment groups”). The researchers noted that there “were no significant differences between treatment groups in self-reported chest pain, palpitations, blurred vision, headache, nausea or irritability at any time point.”

Benefits: The researchers concluded that “the present study demonstrated significant beneficial effects on body weight, body fat and blood lipids of a herbal Ma Huang/Kola nut mixture (90/192 mg/day ephedrine alkaloids/caffeine) in overweight men and women who were otherwise healthy. Moreover, the herbal combination promoted significantly greater reductions in waist and hip circumference in overweight subjects compared with placebo-treated subjects.

Overall: The researchers concluded that “herbal ephedra/caffeine (90/192 mg/day) promoted body weight and body fat rejection and improved blood lipids without significant adverse events.”

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Aspirin isn't really needed. Esp if she wants to keep building muscle. Aspirin is a NSAID which can inhibit muscle growth.

jerard

jerard

Awards
I know… That's why was wondering why Aspirin was added to the stack

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I know… That's why was wondering why Aspirin was added to the stack
Idk why they added it either. I think Harvard did a study in the 90s and they used it and since the study proved the effectiveness of the stack, the combination was mimicked in its entirety. Maybe they used it to try and offset the vasoconstriction effects of the ephedrine and caffeine. I think general consensus nowadays is that it's not really necessary though.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Not to mention it isn't healthy to take everyday imho

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Aspirin was/is in ECA to prevent platelet aggregation

Not there for any fat burning effect.
It is not necessary, though could make the stack "safer"

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Aspirin was/is in ECA to prevent platelet aggregation

Not there for any fat burning effect.
It is not necessary, though could make the stack "safer"
Yes but why were they concerned about that in the first place

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yes but why were they concerned about that in the first place
General precaution with something like this, which does raise the risk of blood "sticking"

But in the end it was unnecessary as we now know

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Nice share!
may need to patch that into my ephedrine write-up once I get the full text
Yeah I'm too lazy to read the 25+ year old original study, or to see if anything new has been discovered, but I was curious as to why it was just thrown in there, given that info. Link me your write up if you get a min, I always like reading about ephedrine haha

Geddy

Awards
Aspirin is extremely healthy to take, and every single day. It is so healthy that daily aspirin use, in dose ranges from 81mg (baby aspirin) to 325mg (full adult dose) every single day, reduces your chances of getting colon cancer by 35% and pancreatic cancer by a decent percentage. You must take the aspirin every day, for a minimum of 3-5 days per week, and for a minimum of three years, to see the reduction in cancer.

Now, if you are allergic to aspirin, are an alcoholic suffering from recurrent stomach ulcers, or simply can not tolerate the intestinal side effects, you should not take aspirin. If you are currently on any blood thinning medication, you must stay away from aspirin 100% unless directed to do so by your doctor.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Unless your doctor suggested that, I wouldn't take any medication (OTC or not) daily without need.

Certainly not an NSAID.

If you are at a risk factor where Aspirin could help, ask your doctor.

What makes NSAIDs a leading cause of self-harm is that they are over the counter everywhere and they get overused needlessly.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Aspirin is extremely healthy to take, and every single day. It is so healthy that daily aspirin use, in dose ranges from 81mg (baby aspirin) to 325mg (full adult dose) every single day, reduces your chances of getting colon cancer by 35% and pancreatic cancer by a decent percentage. You must take the aspirin every day, for a minimum of 3-5 days per week, and for a minimum of three years, to see the reduction in cancer.

Now, if you are allergic to aspirin, are an alcoholic suffering from recurrent stomach ulcers, or simply can not tolerate the intestinal side effects, you should not take aspirin. If you are currently on any blood thinning medication, you must stay away from aspirin 100% unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Blanket statements like this are not helpful to anyone. Go drink some grapefruit juice bc of all the health benefits.

Geddy

Awards
This is not a blanket statement, and the benefits of aspirin, in terms of chemoprophylaxis against cancer, have been well-documented for years.

Grapefruit juice contains 5-hydroxy-bergamotten, a chemical that inhibits the cytochrome p450 enzyme CYP-3A4. Most drugs are substrates of CYP-3A4. Anyone taking anti-hypertensive medications, anticoagulants such as warfarin or coumadin, and even simple antihistamines, can find themselves in real trouble due to elevated blood toxicity.

The CYP-3A4 enzyme metabolizes most drugs and grapefruit juice inhibits the enzyme.

In this sense, aspirin is healthier for you than grapefruit juice, and safer, so long as you don't have pre-existing clotting disorders, are allergic to it, or have a history of bleeding ulcers, as it is a mild anti-coagulant.

Last edited:
toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
This is not a blanket statement, and the benefits of aspirin, in terms of chemoprophylaxis against cancer, have been well-documented for years.
It is a blanket statement. You're pushing aspirin like its a piece of fruit. It "may" help prevent certain types of cancers, but it also has undesirable side effects.

Geddy

Awards
Actually, I am not. If I said everyone should load up on aspirin every day, without taking into consideration the possible side effects, then you would be correct, and I would be making a blanket statement.

I included those who should avoid aspirin, unless directed to do so by their doctor. I mentioned the allergic response, I mentioned the dangers if taking it if you have a pre-existing clotting disorder or are on anticoagulants, I mentioned the danger associated with aspirin if you have recurring stomach ulcers.

There is a plethora of information regarding the safety and effectiveness of regular aspirin use, and the various doses from 81mg to 325mg, as well as the associated risks as well, on pubmed.

My point is that aspirin is an effective chemoprophylaxis against many forms of cancer, not just colon and gastro-intestinal, so long as the person taking it is not allergic to it, has a pre-existing clotting disorder, is on anti-coagulants, or suffers from stomach ulcers.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

Grapefruit juice contains 5-hydroxy-bergamotten, a chemical that inhibits the cytochrome p450 enzyme CYP-3A4. Most drugs are substrates of CYP-3A4. Anyone taking anti-hypertensive medications, anticoagulants such as warfarin or coumadin, and even simple antihistamines, can find themselves in real trouble due to elevated blood toxicity.

The CYP-3A4 enzyme metabolizes most drugs and grapefruit juice inhibits the enzyme.

In this sense, aspirin is healthier for you than grapefruit juice, and safer, so long as you don't have pre-existing clotting disorders, are allergic to it, or have a history of bleeding ulcers, as it is a mild anti-coagulant.
Sarcasm does not seem to be your strong suit

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I am not. If I said everyone should load up on aspirin every day, without taking into consideration the possible side effects, then you would be correct, and I would be making a blanket statement.

I included those who should avoid aspirin, unless directed to do so by their doctor. I mentioned the allergic response, I mentioned the dangers if taking it if you have a pre-existing clotting disorder or are on anticoagulants, I mentioned the danger associated with aspirin if you have recurring stomach ulcers.

There is a plethora of information regarding the safety and effectiveness of regular aspirin use, and the various doses from 81mg to 325mg, as well as the associated risks as well, on pubmed.

My point is that aspirin is an effective chemoprophylaxis against many forms of cancer, not just colon and gastro-intestinal, so long as the person taking it is not allergic to it, has a pre-existing clotting disorder, is on anti-coagulants, or suffers from stomach ulcers.
Your first two original sentences were poorly thought out. Also, a lot of the GI issues go unnoticed until testing is performed. I don't want to discuss this any further. I think aspirin is generally fine for many people, but you came across as a huckster. Bye and God bless you.

Geddy

Awards
I've tried to educate you, but it seems an impossible proposition.

You are obviously more interested in attempting to prove me wrong than you are doing the research, checking my sources, and seeing what medical experts have concluded about the safety and efficacy of daily aspirin use as it pertains to reducing the risk of not just colon cancer, but other forms of cancer and serious disease states.

I am also a medical professional, who has spent a lot of time and education pursuing my medical degree as an MD.

I don't believe you can make the same claims.

So, I guess people who follow this thread can either hold my opinion, which is based on medical fact and years of clinical trials and expert medical observation, as well as the Nurse's study, in a higher regard than yours, who has yet to offer even one clinical trial or other form of concrete medical evidence to support your idea.

But, right back at you. God bless.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I've tried to educate you, but it seems an impossible proposition.

You are obviously more interested in attempting to prove me wrong than you are doing the research, checking my sources, and seeing what medical experts have concluded about the safety and efficacy of daily aspirin use as it pertains to reducing the risk of not just colon cancer, but other forms of cancer and serious disease states.

I am also a medical professional, who has spent a lot of time and education pursuing my medical degree as an MD.

I don't believe you can make the same claims.

So, I guess people who follow this thread can either hold my opinion, which is based on medical fact and years of clinical trials and expert medical observation, as well as the Nurse's study, in a higher regard than yours, who has yet to offer even one clinical trial or other form of concrete medical evidence to support your idea.

But, right back at you. God bless.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/daily-aspirin-therapy/art-20046797

There you go Dr. Annoying Bragovich. Again, my point was that your original comment was not well thought out. That a casual reader, or patient, could easily misconstrue it without proper consultation. You will learn, maybe once you take your head out of the books, those types of patient counseling points. Hence my mentioning the blanket statement. There are many physicians, scientists, pharmacists and researchers on this board, but none have come across as bullheaded and obnoxious as you. My guess is that you are a med student or still in residency. Call us back when you've practiced for a decade.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone run ec year round? Safety / health concerns? I only dose twice a day 8 months out of the year.. Thinking of pushing it to year round

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Anyone run ec year round? Safety / health concerns? I only dose twice a day 8 months out of the year.. Thinking of pushing it to year round
At 2x daily I say (personally, outside my affiliations)
that it should be perfectly fine.

I would worry less about safety and more about beta receptor desensitization. Even that I doubt would come much into play though. Combined those 2 doses is 8 hours half-life out of your day

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 2x daily I say (personally, outside my affiliations)
that it should be perfectly fine.

I would worry less about safety and more about beta receptor desensitization. Even that I doubt would come much into play though. Combined those 2 doses is 8 hours half-life out of your day
I remember seeing some study somewhere where long term use for 6+ months increases brown fat which is a big win.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It would be nice if study was also done on 2/day dosing

It's more convenient for those who sleep on occasion. Or aren't stim-addicted lol

I like it both ways, 3x dosing I like best deeper into a cut

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be nice if study was also done on 2/day dosing

It's more convenient for those who sleep on occasion. Or aren't stim-addicted lol

I like it both ways, 3x dosing I like best deeper into a cut
Or some studies on 3x 12.5x100mg......if sleep disturbances occur maybe make that the final dose.