Ephedrine

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Actually, I am not. If I said everyone should load up on aspirin every day, without taking into consideration the possible side effects, then you would be correct, and I would be making a blanket statement.

I included those who should avoid aspirin, unless directed to do so by their doctor. I mentioned the allergic response, I mentioned the dangers if taking it if you have a pre-existing clotting disorder or are on anticoagulants, I mentioned the danger associated with aspirin if you have recurring stomach ulcers.

There is a plethora of information regarding the safety and effectiveness of regular aspirin use, and the various doses from 81mg to 325mg, as well as the associated risks as well, on pubmed.

My point is that aspirin is an effective chemoprophylaxis against many forms of cancer, not just colon and gastro-intestinal, so long as the person taking it is not allergic to it, has a pre-existing clotting disorder, is on anti-coagulants, or suffers from stomach ulcers.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
    This is not a blanket statement, and the benefits of aspirin, in terms of chemoprophylaxis against cancer, have been well-documented for years.

Grapefruit juice contains 5-hydroxy-bergamotten, a chemical that inhibits the cytochrome p450 enzyme CYP-3A4. Most drugs are substrates of CYP-3A4. Anyone taking anti-hypertensive medications, anticoagulants such as warfarin or coumadin, and even simple antihistamines, can find themselves in real trouble due to elevated blood toxicity.

The CYP-3A4 enzyme metabolizes most drugs and grapefruit juice inhibits the enzyme.

In this sense, aspirin is healthier for you than grapefruit juice, and safer, so long as you don't have pre-existing clotting disorders, are allergic to it, or have a history of bleeding ulcers, as it is a mild anti-coagulant.
    Sarcasm does not seem to be your strong suit
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
    Actually, I am not. If I said everyone should load up on aspirin every day, without taking into consideration the possible side effects, then you would be correct, and I would be making a blanket statement.

I included those who should avoid aspirin, unless directed to do so by their doctor. I mentioned the allergic response, I mentioned the dangers if taking it if you have a pre-existing clotting disorder or are on anticoagulants, I mentioned the danger associated with aspirin if you have recurring stomach ulcers.

There is a plethora of information regarding the safety and effectiveness of regular aspirin use, and the various doses from 81mg to 325mg, as well as the associated risks as well, on pubmed.

My point is that aspirin is an effective chemoprophylaxis against many forms of cancer, not just colon and gastro-intestinal, so long as the person taking it is not allergic to it, has a pre-existing clotting disorder, is on anti-coagulants, or suffers from stomach ulcers.
    Your first two original sentences were poorly thought out. Also, a lot of the GI issues go unnoticed until testing is performed. I don't want to discuss this any further. I think aspirin is generally fine for many people, but you came across as a huckster. Bye and God bless you.

4. I've tried to educate you, but it seems an impossible proposition.

You are obviously more interested in attempting to prove me wrong than you are doing the research, checking my sources, and seeing what medical experts have concluded about the safety and efficacy of daily aspirin use as it pertains to reducing the risk of not just colon cancer, but other forms of cancer and serious disease states.

I am also a medical professional, who has spent a lot of time and education pursuing my medical degree as an MD.

I don't believe you can make the same claims.

So, I guess people who follow this thread can either hold my opinion, which is based on medical fact and years of clinical trials and expert medical observation, as well as the Nurse's study, in a higher regard than yours, who has yet to offer even one clinical trial or other form of concrete medical evidence to support your idea.

But, right back at you. God bless.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
    I've tried to educate you, but it seems an impossible proposition.

You are obviously more interested in attempting to prove me wrong than you are doing the research, checking my sources, and seeing what medical experts have concluded about the safety and efficacy of daily aspirin use as it pertains to reducing the risk of not just colon cancer, but other forms of cancer and serious disease states.

I am also a medical professional, who has spent a lot of time and education pursuing my medical degree as an MD.

I don't believe you can make the same claims.

So, I guess people who follow this thread can either hold my opinion, which is based on medical fact and years of clinical trials and expert medical observation, as well as the Nurse's study, in a higher regard than yours, who has yet to offer even one clinical trial or other form of concrete medical evidence to support your idea.

But, right back at you. God bless.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...y/art-20046797

There you go Dr. Annoying Bragovich. Again, my point was that your original comment was not well thought out. That a casual reader, or patient, could easily misconstrue it without proper consultation. You will learn, maybe once you take your head out of the books, those types of patient counseling points. Hence my mentioning the blanket statement. There are many physicians, scientists, pharmacists and researchers on this board, but none have come across as bullheaded and obnoxious as you. My guess is that you are a med student or still in residency. Call us back when you've practiced for a decade.
    •   

6. Anyone run ec year round? Safety / health concerns? I only dose twice a day 8 months out of the year.. Thinking of pushing it to year round
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Anyone run ec year round? Safety / health concerns? I only dose twice a day 8 months out of the year.. Thinking of pushing it to year round
    At 2x daily I say (personally, outside my affiliations)
    that it should be perfectly fine.

I would worry less about safety and more about beta receptor desensitization. Even that I doubt would come much into play though. Combined those 2 doses is 8 hours half-life out of your day
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    At 2x daily I say (personally, outside my affiliations)
    that it should be perfectly fine.

I would worry less about safety and more about beta receptor desensitization. Even that I doubt would come much into play though. Combined those 2 doses is 8 hours half-life out of your day
    I remember seeing some study somewhere where long term use for 6+ months increases brown fat which is a big win.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

It would be nice if study was also done on 2/day dosing

It's more convenient for those who sleep on occasion. Or aren't stim-addicted lol

I like it both ways, 3x dosing I like best deeper into a cut
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    It would be nice if study was also done on 2/day dosing

It's more convenient for those who sleep on occasion. Or aren't stim-addicted lol

I like it both ways, 3x dosing I like best deeper into a cut
    Or some studies on 3x 12.5x100mg......if sleep disturbances occur maybe make that the final dose.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. In Defense of Ephedrine
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 03:23 PM
  2. a question about ephedrine
    By p_zub in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  3. Replies: 2