Burning belly fat?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Burning belly fat?

Hi im 26 years old im currently 72kg bout 3 years ago i developed night sweats and lost a **** load of weight went down to nearly 50kg but since then iv struggled to put back on the weight which over the last few weeks have finally got back to my normal weight of 70kg, but my main problem is i cant get a six pack to brake threw i have a layer of fat that doesn't seen to ever leave no matter how much weight even lost in the past, i don't know how to explain it i still have a flat belly but its round if you get what i mean ha so im just basically looking for tips on how i could burn belly fat without losing muscle mass.

2. You can't burn fat from one spot, proper diet and exercise, hydration and sleep, caloric deficit, see a doctor for suspected thyroid issues, all weight loss includes some muscle loss. copy and paste, copy and paste.
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.
    •   

3. Ya i was in the doctors for the past 3 years having tests done over my night sweats had my thyroid checked and biopsy you name it and iv had it done, basically id be just looking for diet tips really for gaining muscle and losing fat, id like to just point out as well that im not fat in any way i have thin arms and legs a flat belly just cant get the abs to pop threw, i know myself its just somthing im doing wrong i think it could be diet but don't want to go on a diet that will make me lose tge weight iv tried so hard to get back.

4. How many years have you been weight training?
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.

5. Iv been training my whole life in Thai boxing and a small bit of weights here and there but stopped for nearly year in 2012 when i lost all the weight but i started back training again in around feb of 2013 but only doing weights and cardio full time i dropped thai boxing completely to concentrate on my weight
    •   

6. losing fat while building muscle is pretty difficult for any advanced athlete. Have you tried low carb?

7. Ya iv tried a little bit but im not very good at knowing what foods to buy for low carb i pretty much know all my bulking foods and protein foods but when it comes to carbs I'm useless been honest ha just don't know whats low carb and when i google it just brings up full meals that dont really good nice and is mostly for people just looking to lose weight in general

8. steak and egg omelettes, whole milk and isolate protein powder after workouts, 4% cottage cheese, chicken with spinach or romaine lettuce and some vinegar and olive oil. Just try to stay below 100-150 carbs a day, keep protein high but not crazy, fat mod to high also.

9. Do fasted cardio in AM IMO. With YC.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Do fasted cardio in AM IMO. With YC.
    I think his issue is dietary. Sounds like he stays pretty active.

11. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    I think his issue is dietary. Sounds like he stays pretty active.
    Ah. Can't out cardio a bad diet.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Ah. Can't out cardio a bad diet.
    I wish you could lmao cos, well, donuts.

13. Ya i think it is just diet myself I'm doing wrong cause iv been just looking for ways to bulk up the past few years now im trying to learn how to cut without ****ing my weight gains to much, instead of chicken would turkey be okey cause i got sick of so much chicken i went to turkey and turkey mince, and thanks a million for the advice guys its really appreciated.

14. Yeah lean turkey is fine 93-99% fat free so is beef, try to keep sodium low.

15. Ya i stick with breast mostly and sirloin steak midweek and **** you just broke my heart i love salt haha ya i will cut that out as well completely in my cooking so

16. You may be retaining water in your gut. Any clue what your actual body fat% is?

17. No i have no clue what it is been honest and i id think that myself but have no idea iv been doctor and he is as useless as a used condom to me really ha

18. Sorry about grammar its a new phone * i did think that myself

19. Which one is closest?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

20. Im in around the 14-15%

21. But im still not as toned as that lad in the pic

22. It's just a matter of hitting the iron hard to maintain muscle and strength while burning off fat through steady dieting.

23. Have you had your test and estradiol levels checked?

I had a similar issue for the longest time where I was lean as **** everywhere except for around my abs. I kept telling myself it was just because I wasn't lean enough and needed to keep dropping fat, but no matter how far I got, I rarely saw progress in my stomach.

Went to a male clinic and my test levels were way too low for someone my age (only 27 at the time). Started doing TRT and all of a sudden everything started falling into place like it should have from the beginning.

From my experience, most primary doctors aren't even going to look at test/e2 in someone around our age. They will only check thyroid and run all the more standard tests.

Find a male clinic, or if your doctor is cool and open-minded, have him/her check your sex hormones. It could just be a diet and training thing with you, but it's worth it to know for sure whether there are hormones at play here.

24. Cool il look into it and see what i can get done

25. Quote Originally Posted by neverhappy View Post
    Hi im 26 years old im currently 72kg bout 3 years ago i developed night sweats and lost a **** load of weight went down to nearly 50kg but since then iv struggled to put back on the weight which over the last few weeks have finally got back to my normal weight of 70kg, but my main problem is i cant get a six pack to brake threw i have a layer of fat that doesn't seen to ever leave no matter how much weight even lost in the past, i don't know how to explain it i still have a flat belly but its round if you get what i mean ha so im just basically looking for tips on how i could burn belly fat without losing muscle mass.
    Abs are made in the kitchen.

Try a Keto diet. That **** makes my abs come out like crazy!

It's time for a comeback... Tagger's Revenge
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/282442-taggers-revenge.html

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 10:58 AM
  2. Why is it that Anavar burns belly fat?
    By Whacked in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
  3. Easy workouts burn more fat!
    By windwords7 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:30 PM
  4. Yogurt May Help Burn Body Fat
    By bachovas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 01:31 AM