Weak Points

bhawks23

Awards
So I would like to compete in a competition by the end of 2017, I would like to do it before I turn 21 (which is January of 2018). Chest and delts are my main two weak points, do you guys have any suggestions on what ways are the best to grow those two areas in the gym?

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
There are a TON of ways to bring up your weak points. My personal favorite ways are to add volume to the body part by doing drop sets, triple drop sets, or just adding a couple of normal straight sets to whatever body part that you need to bring up. Google is your best friend when in comes to techniques to bring up lagging body parts. Also, something else that I've done is used one of my rest days to do a "mini-workout" with my lagging body parts. That way you are adding workout volume into the muscle without really sacrificing recovery.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Consistency. That's pretty much all you need when wanting a body part to grow

bhawks23

Awards
I've been doing a heavy press/fly lift and than I do a light fly/press movement to tear the muscle than immediately fill it with more blood. I do that order (heavy, light, heavy, light etc) for chest and it seems to work pretty well. I've always found delts to be hard to grow.

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
The best (and in my opinion) the only way to grow lagging muscle groups is to increase the volume you do for those groups.

For example; I have/had lagging shoulders - I tried training them twice a week and they had some significant growth. I now *stimulate* my rear delts with back days, stimulate my front delts with chest days, and then 3-4 days later I do a full shoulder routine. It helps significantly, but of course everyone's body is different and reacts differently to different training methods.

Give it a shot though, the outcome may be beneficial to you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sage0607 Supplements 29
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 68
Pics 2
Powerlifting/Strongman 25
Powerlifting/Strongman 9