Bulking but little change

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Bulking but little change

I need some advice about bulking if anyone could help?
    I want to get a nice size on myself but when I am bulking i find it hard to get results :s

Very frustrating starting to loose interest but I want it so bad
    Not sure if I need to loose weight and become slim before I bulk?

Also what supplements would be best for bulking and and cutting?

2. What's not happening that you'd want to happen?

If you aren't gaining weight it will come down to eating more (increasing calories). If the quality of gains is undesirable then maybe your training needs an improvement (post it for some feedback).

Keep in mind muscle gain is a relatively slow process that takes time so stay diligent and keep working and it will get there one day!
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

3. I want to gain muscle mass and would taking supplements help me gain or just stick to protein? I use mutant mass gainer

I will type up my routine when I get home later if you don't mind having a look?

4. To build muscle you need to lift rest and eat more calories then you burn. Stop wasting your money on supplements and spend your money on real food. The only supplements you should be spending your money on are protien powder and creatine and thats only after your real food is taking care of. Supplements are exactly that. Supplements used to supplement your diet, not to replace real food. Ditch the mutant mass and stock up on steak and potatoes
    •   

5. That's a routine I've followed purchased from a personal trainer at my gym, what do you think?

6. To many isolation exercises. To many exercises. Too many sets.

For goodness sakes man you have 21 sets for shoulders...19 sets for back.

15 sets of abs and 20-30 mins of cardio.

If you can do that many sets and reps you can't possibly be working hard enough (moving enough weight or time under tension) on the first 6 to 8 sets.

Get a refund from that personal trainer

How old are you? How long have you been lifting?
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

7. What dunn said. Thats a terrible set up. Keep it simple man. Id be willing to bet you would have much better results from bench squats and chins 3x a week or a simple push pull routine. Your routine looks like something from a magazine

8. Wow is it really that bad?
    I am 25 and signed up for gym about 18months ago
    What you mean by to many isolation exercises?
    What could I take out of all that to make a decent workout?

Thanks for the reply guys, I appreciate it

9. What Dunn said. Way too much s*it going on. Have you ever done a 5x5 program or something similar?

10. Nope, ain't to sure what that is I am guessing 5 sets of 5

11. Quote Originally Posted by itztru View Post
    Nope, ain't to sure what that is I am guessing 5 sets of 5

Look up something like Wendlers 531 or Stronglifts 5x5.

12. That is a very high volume routine. I love high volume;however, it should normally be reserved for advanced lifters and/or people on gear. Everyone's advice in here is really solid. You should check out the Lean Mass Diet PDF by Scivation. I'll post a link for you. I used it when I first started to put on mass and it will answer all your questions and even give you solid meal plans and workouts as well.

Give it a read and it will help you out ALOT. Here's the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lobliner25.htm

13. Quote Originally Posted by itztru View Post
    That's a routine I've followed purchased from a personal trainer at my gym, what do you think?
    I thought this was the natty part?

14. God naturally I would be fried from that program. Talk about CNS burnout

15. Is it good to train chest and bi's one day then back and tri's the next or change the bi's and tri's around?

16. Quote Originally Posted by itztru View Post
    Is it good to train chest and bi's one day then back and tri's the next or change the bi's and tri's around?
    People really tend to over complicate training splits a lot. Honestly it doesn't matter. Chest and bi's are fine AND Chest and tri's are fine. It's what ever you like better. Honestly, I much prefer to do chest and bi's if I am doing that kind of split and back and tri's. This is because I have naturally weak joints/tendons so it takes pressure off of my elbows, shoulders, and tendons to do alternating muscle groups.

But when you come down to it, at the end of the day, it's personal preference.

17. Thanks dude, asked because I've had a few people telling me I won't build doing it because I use tri's doing chest and I wouldn't recover enough to work tri's good enough

18. Quote Originally Posted by itztru View Post
    Thanks dude, asked because I've had a few people telling me I won't build doing it because I use tri's doing chest and I wouldn't recover enough to work tri's good enough
    That's complete bro science. No problem

19. Post your stats, and I can help out with what you should be eating in terms of calories to bulk/maintain/cut.

age, weight, sex, height, years of training, current style/days of training.

20. What u need to do is eat everything u can and drink a lot of water get high protein and calories and when you lift to heavy reps 5 to 8 u want more weight than reps ur tryin to bulk no get cut if that deosnt work then just eat more and more and try supplements

21. If your "bulking" and not getting results then you are obviously not bulking.
    Your body isnt recieving enough sources to replenish itsself and rebuild. When bulking i usually do 1.5 g of protein, 2g of carbs and .5 g of fat per lean body lb. I try to time my meals, eat whenever im hungry and always make sure my body has a source before and after the gym.

22. Quote Originally Posted by kingwoozy View Post
    What u need to do is eat everything u can and drink a lot of water get high protein and calories and when you lift to heavy reps 5 to 8 u want more weight than reps ur tryin to bulk no get cut if that deosnt work then just eat more and more and try supplements
    Higher reps has nothing to do with cutting

23. Snow3y
    Age 29
    Sex Male
    Height 5.8
    Yrs of training 3
    Days of training 6 days a week

24. ????????????
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking but want loose lil fat in belly
    By shotdead42 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
  2. Bulk hydrolysate is changing my life.
    By Dancebot 2000 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. Bulking but want to lose "Fat"
    By East1600Plus in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
  4. Bulking, but also taking a break in-between.
    By Jim Mills in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 11:10 AM
  5. want to keep bulking but dont knwo what to do?
    By dedication in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 02:05 PM