How much body fat?

adam1992

Awards
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on how much body fat you guys may think I have. I have some callipers but they're rubbish haha
I know I'm not in amazing shape but just need a bit of help please . Thanks in advance
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449343926.030367.jpg

adam1992

Awards
Might be worth putting a pic from 6 month ago just so yous know where I've came from.
My 6 month progress
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449344504.689170.jpg

YASSINAR

Awards
listen.... im late... but you are in amazing shape. dont judge your body by drug users. but as far as your body fat. im thinking 12%

adam1992

Awards
Thanks guys appreciate your comments. Still always unhappy with what I see in the mirror haha
Thanks Jebrook this graph helps a lot

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys appreciate your comments. Still always unhappy with what I see in the mirror haha
Thanks Jebrook this graph helps a lot
Can I give you my opinion? If you are seeing yourself as "overweight" then you need to change your self image. I see a young man that should start a good lifting program and make sure he is eating properly. So many young people are mainly concentrating on abs instead of overall muscle and health. There is a ton of good information on these forums and plenty of members that can help you.

adam1992

Awards
I don't see myself as overweight just wanting more muscle and to be leaner. I've only been working out for about 10 month still learning loads. Diet is still the one I need to nail down. Not so long ago I was eating 3,500 cals a day which I worked out to be 500 over maintenance, and I just blew up, looked puffy and I just didn't like it. Currently I am eating about 200 cals below maintenance and losing fat steadily. I want to lean down a it further then I'll start increasing calories slowly so I'm building muscle (hopefully) and not gaining fat. But as I say I'm still learning and reading through this forum has helped too.

Jsmcougar68

Awards
I use the omron handheld digital fat monitor to track my fat...I find calipers to have too much fudge room when measuring....in reality u just want consistency in measuring so u know if u are going in the right direction or not. U can get a pair off amazon for like $25 bucks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see myself as overweight just wanting more muscle and to be leaner. I've only been working out for about 10 month still learning loads. Diet is still the one I need to nail down. Not so long ago I was eating 3,500 cals a day which I worked out to be 500 over maintenance, and I just blew up, looked puffy and I just didn't like it. Currently I am eating about 200 cals below maintenance and losing fat steadily. I want to lean down a it further then I'll start increasing calories slowly so I'm building muscle (hopefully) and not gaining fat. But as I say I'm still learning and reading through this forum has helped too.
from a purely mathematical perspective if you put on more muscle and your body fat does NOT change you will reduce your body fat percentage.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I usually feel happiest at about 10%. rock the 6 pack, but the body still feels healthy and efficient. when I get down to that 8% or less range it looks awesome but I feel more prone to injury.

I was thinking the same thing as mentioned above, probably 12-15% right now for you. which is totally healthy but I totally understand why you're looking for more. do you have a current training log you're keeping up? the shoulders to tris and bis have good definition already I think. you're on the right track.