Which is the best way to train?

Scarpa

Awards
I've always done things on a basis like:
Chest-Bicep day
Back-Tricep day
Shoulder-Leg day

But recently i've seen people doing it like.
Arms day
Chest day
Back day
Leg day

I'm very confused and i'd like to train the best way i could to grow, i used to do crossfit (did for 2 years straight) and now im on the gym for my 2nd month, but i feel quite lost.

craigajones2

craigajones2

Awards
Hey,

I personally go with chest-tri, back-biceps, shoulders-legs, traps-core. I think though that the general rule of thumb is to get in major body parts at least once a week. There will be loads and loads of opinions that differ back and forth, so I would say that as long as your getting it all in once a week then it's a good start. How long do you go per session and what are your goals?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I would suggest learning more about how volume/frequency/intensity all have a huge role to play and how to manipulate and undulate each variable to achieve your result

Spirosyiros12

Spirosyiros12

Awards
High Volume
High Intensity

Rotating splits check out Doug millers old routine he blogged on the sub forum

I don't believe in overtraining for the average guy as no one really trains that hard unless you've been taught by the best, also mix up training styles regularly

The natty dudes I know who are legit and pretty big train heavy and controlled with a split that hits every body part 2-3 times a week

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I think you need to be specific with your goals, then you can plan how to achieve them without feeling 'lost'. If you're happy with your form then any split should be ok for gains if its got progressive overload built in, you are consistent with the training, and you're happy with diet/rest. Good luck with it!

Spirosyiros12

Spirosyiros12

Awards
I think a lot of natural guys overdo the training aspect,

Progressive overload isn't the only way to grow and even John Meadows preaches that

My theory is everyone has their own style, just stick to what you think works, i.e. I like high volume high intensity training similar to doug miller, yet some times when I train I tone it down and do some reps that last 20 seconds MTUT

Just constantly change it up and don't get sucked into the bandwagon of 5x5 and bro-lifts dudes who never compete and make zero progress

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I think a lot of natural guys overdo the training aspect,

Progressive overload isn't the only way to grow and even John Meadows preaches that

My theory is everyone has their own style, just stick to what you think works, i.e. I like high volume high intensity training similar to doug miller, yet some times when I train I tone it down and do some reps that last 20 seconds MTUT

Just constantly change it up and don't get sucked into the bandwagon of 5x5 and bro-lifts dudes who never compete and make zero progress
This really is a great point…although their are basic principles to growth, its so individualized its hard to nail on exactly