How do you know if you have good genetics?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    I've been in sort of a grumpy mood the last couple days so Im going to tell it like it is.

    Was walking around grocery shopping yesterday and saw a ****ing bitch on the cover of Fitness RX magazine. I must say that to be completely honest with you must these guys are sucking **** and getting some old ******* to back them so they can spend hours in the gym each day and have their sugar daddies cook for them while they suck their old wrinkly cocks day in and day out allowing them to chase their pro cards. At night they go to bed always being a ****ing bitch.

    NO promises, NO guarantees. When you come down here, you are always on your knees. Want it bad enough? Make a promise with the devil and play his game.
    see you let things bring you down. why even bother wasting time and energy on it?

    next time you feel grumpy, do something good for someone or say hello to someone you don't know- it works


  2. Genetics talk is so overplayed I'm sick of it. It's just an excuse for guys who use steroids and get jacked to continue claiming natty. Specifically the pros, etc. look at Jay Cutler as a teen. Skinny weak little kid lol
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    see you let things bring you down. why even bother wasting time and energy on it?

    next time you feel grumpy, do something good for someone or say hello to someone you don't know- it works
    Honestly this happens in all forms of professional levels. Same thing goes for guys who want a recording deal with a record label in music.

    I honestly don't know how the **** they basically become gay for pay but hey whatever.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    Genetics talk is so overplayed I'm sick of it. It's just an excuse for guys who use steroids and get jacked to continue claiming natty. Specifically the pros, etc. look at Jay Cutler as a teen. Skinny weak little kid lol
    I can agree with this to an extent. I hate it when ppl come up with excuses for things as to why they are not the best. Its an insecurity issue. But not all of us do have that potential to be the best because of "genetics"

    I mean there are Olympic athletes that train for particular sports just as hard if not harder than the rest. But Phelps had those long arms which made his strokes carry him further than of he had short ones.

    And sure Jay was a skinny teen. Most teens are. I don't member many kids from high school being very jacked. But u can take 12 different ppl and fees them the same diet, same training routine and put them on the same substances and I bet if u Give them a year they won't be exactly as fast or strong as the other 11. There will be variations. And that's where genetics come into play.

    But yes. I don't like when a guy at the gym says I only bench more than him because of reasons whatever the heck. B***h! Do more bench and less excuses! Lol

  5. Bench press is poor measure of strength though.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Bench press is poor measure of strength though.
    that depends on your goals. If you power lift its about 33% of how your strength is measured. If you Sprint it's zero. It was an example though bro. But yes for some dudes its all they care about

  7. Suck that ****!!! Speedo phaggots.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    Suck that ****!!! Speedo phaggots.
    Lmao

  9. Genetics play a HUGE part. Aside from what science has shown, I can say this from personal experience as well. If you guys haven't read the article on flex wheelers dna testing, and how low levels of myostatin and certain genes effect muscle growth, then it's worth a read. Some guys who were thin as kids have these genes and just explode when they start working out, other guys do everything right and struggle to put on only a couple pounds of muscle.

  10. I just want to say RIP to @LovingtoLift . Gone too soon, before his time. It's better to burn out, than to fade away......
    "I AM THE STRONGEST! I AM THE VIKING!" - Jón Páll Sigmarsson

  11. If you werent born ripped af, then sorry to say...your genetics must suck.....

    Na jk.
    Just depends, im i build my legs up quick with some heavy training, my arms lag a bit

  12. Quote Originally Posted by anabolix View Post
    Genetics play a HUGE part. Aside from what science has shown, I can say this from personal experience as well. If you guys haven't read the article on flex wheelers dna testing, and how low levels of myostatin and certain genes effect muscle growth, then it's worth a read. Some guys who were thin as kids have these genes and just explode when they start working out, other guys do everything right and struggle to put on only a couple pounds of muscle.
    I'll have to read that article but honestly I think "genetics" are either used as a cop out or a cover up. I've mostly known only lazy people or hard workers. I'm 22, started lifting at 14 at schools and gyms and I know I don't have a lifetime of experience but I can count on one hand the number of people that I honestly think just have superb genetics. I think truly genetic freaks are extremely rare.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by polarcat View Post
    I'll have to read that article but honestly I think "genetics" are either used as a cop out or a cover up. I've mostly known only lazy people or hard workers. I'm 22, started lifting at 14 at schools and gyms and I know I don't have a lifetime of experience but I can count on one hand the number of people that I honestly think just have superb genetics. I think truly genetic freaks are extremely rare.
    Saying genetic freaks are extremely rare is one thing, but dismissing genetics as a cop out or cover up may be a little short sighted.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Saying genetic freaks are extremely rare is one thing, but dismissing genetics as a cop out or cover up may be a little short sighted.
    Idk man, how do you gauge that though? It's definitely controversial and a tough topic. I just personally don't believe in the whole genetics thing. I know I didn't come out of the womb looking like I do now but I don't blame genetics when I see another 22 year old or 20 year old that looks better than I do. Who knows man, it's all speculation.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by polarcat View Post
    Idk man, how do you gauge that though? It's definitely controversial and a tough topic. I just personally don't believe in the whole genetics thing. I know I didn't come out of the womb looking like I do now but I don't blame genetics when I see another 22 year old or 20 year old that looks better than I do. Who knows man, it's all speculation.
    I get what you're saying, but it is not speculation. I def understand what you're saying regarding people using it as a crutch, but there are a million different attributes that people are just born with that differentiate them. Muscle fiber type, lever length, hormonal levels, the list goes on forever.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it is not speculation. I def understand what you're saying regarding people using it as a crutch, but there are a million different attributes that people are just born with that differentiate them. Muscle fiber type, lever length, hormonal levels, the list goes on forever.
    I see where you're coming from too, and I am a little narrow minded. You're right tho, there's like a million factors that go into how well or quick somebody builds muscle. Which also gets into what type of training/nutrition works best for the individual, I think some people just figure it out quicker. Way too much for me to understand ha.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by polarcat View Post
    I see where you're coming from too, and I am a little narrow minded. You're right tho, there's like a million factors that go into how well or quick somebody builds muscle. Which also gets into what type of training/nutrition works best for the individual, I think some people just figure it out quicker. Way too much for me to understand ha.
    Hahaha right on...it's annoying as fk when people use them as excuses though. Gotta play the hand you were dealt

  18. Quote Originally Posted by polarcat View Post
    I'll have to read that article but honestly I think "genetics" are either used as a cop out or a cover up. I've mostly known only lazy people or hard workers. I'm 22, started lifting at 14 at schools and gyms and I know I don't have a lifetime of experience but I can count on one hand the number of people that I honestly think just have superb genetics. I think truly genetic freaks are extremely rare.
    Wait another 20 years until you are 42, then you might see what I'm talking about :-). It is about work, but some people's work pays MUCH bigger dividends than others. Science agrees with this also. I've had friends built naturally like a competitive bodybuilder, yet never even worked out. I've watched a buddy with great genes put on nearly 30 lbs of muscle in under 2 months(with zero supplements)...and yet another buddy who had his diet and training ridiculously diled in and yet he continually struggled to put on any amount of muscle at all. Genes are HUGE!

  19. I am not sure if I asked this question yet or not and I am too lazy to re-read this thread....

    Would you say that your natural testosterone level is an indicator if you have good genetics? I am not sure if this is even posible, but lets say a dude in his early 20's has natty test level of over 2000 (off top of my head, normal range 345-1197)....would he be considered good genetics because same person with normal natty test level lets say 900 would not be able to put on nearly as much muscle if they both did the exact same training and diet.

    Or what if a person has a bad ass jump shot, able to shoot 80% 3 pointers in division 1 college, but isn't muscular. Would that person be considered good genetics?
    The more I progress, the more I want to progress

  20. Quote Originally Posted by anabolix View Post
    Wait another 20 years until you are 42, then you might see what I'm talking about :-). It is about work, but some people's work pays MUCH bigger dividends than others. Science agrees with this also. I've had friends built naturally like a competitive bodybuilder, yet never even worked out. I've watched a buddy with great genes put on nearly 30 lbs of muscle in under 2 months(with zero supplements)...and yet another buddy who had his diet and training ridiculously diled in and yet he continually struggled to put on any amount of muscle at all. Genes are HUGE!
    I'll give ya that! Especially since you've got a few years on me. I like what you said about some guys' hard work paying bigger dividends, that's a good way to put it.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by polarcat View Post
    I'll have to read that article but honestly I think "genetics" are either used as a cop out or a cover up. I've mostly known only lazy people or hard workers. I'm 22, started lifting at 14 at schools and gyms and I know I don't have a lifetime of experience but I can count on one hand the number of people that I honestly think just have superb genetics. I think truly genetic freaks are extremely rare.
    6'4" and 250lbs isn't something a 5'9" natural lifter can get with any amount of lifting and good nutrition.

    genetics could affect mostly our bone structure. our height and width. from there I do believe we can do quite a bit on our own for muscular development.

  22. I am shocked at reading that @toddmuelheim is for once responding seriously in a thread. Turns out his serious responses are just as great as his joke ones. Well done sir.
    "I AM THE STRONGEST! I AM THE VIKING!" - Jón Páll Sigmarsson

  23. Quote Originally Posted by carmaf View Post
    I am shocked at reading that @toddmuelheim is for once responding seriously in a thread. Turns out his serious responses are just as great as his joke ones. Well done sir.
    Genius is rarely recognized in its own time. You have a keen eye @carmaf

  24. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Genius is rarely recognized in its own time. You have a keen eye @carmaf
    He roles in the 1% - keepin real

  25. Quote Originally Posted by anabolix View Post
    Wait another 20 years until you are 42, then you might see what I'm talking about :-). It is about work, but some people's work pays MUCH bigger dividends than others. Science agrees with this also. I've had friends built naturally like a competitive bodybuilder, yet never even worked out. I've watched a buddy with great genes put on nearly 30 lbs of muscle in under 2 months(with zero supplements)...and yet another buddy who had his diet and training ridiculously diled in and yet he continually struggled to put on any amount of muscle at all. Genes are HUGE!
    100%. When you hit your 40s, you thank your family genes everyday if you were dealt a good hand.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How Do You Know If You Need A Vitamin Supplement
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
  2. Vitamin deficiency - How do you know if you have it? / Life Style Changes.
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
  3. How do i know if i have had a good workout?
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 04:50 AM
  4. How do You Know if Your Food is Genetically Modified?
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:47 PM
  5. How do you know if you wasted a filter?
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Log in
Log in