How do you know if you have good genetics?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    no, bb isn't and for that fact, why the F is golf so expense?

anywho, I hear what ya saying
    Golf becomes expensive when you are working with swing coaches, sports psychologists, traveling in your car all over the place, entering events, using expensive equipment, and investing into membership fees at the golf course you practice at. Many of the guys out there belong to private clubs so that can cost over $10,000 per year alone. Also many guys now are into fitness and work with strength and conditioning coaches.

There is a swing coach in Florida that many of the guys work with. His name is David Leadbetter, and his fee for 3 hours is $3500. Hank Haney who was working with Tiger Woods charges $10,000 per day! If you want to work with him its not per hour like so many others allow.

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2013...f-2493196.html

2. I grew up in Fl, near eagle trace- near the country club. back then it wasn't cheap, even playing on a public course isn't cheap these days.

I should have taken golf in college, DAM IT
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    I grew up in Fl, near eagle trace- near the country club. back then it wasn't cheap, even playing on a public course isn't cheap these days.

I should have taken golf in college, DAM IT
    Eagle Trace is a great course! The Honda Classic was there for years. Toughest tour stop the PGA ever had other than a major. That course is just brutally challenging. You grew up in a very nice area that many of the guys live in. Some still use Eagle Trace as their home club.

4. yea, back in the 80's up to the 90's in coral springs- have to laugh because I was dating a girl and her parents had a house on the course. week before he came down to visit we broke up.

he was PISSED- he wanted to play on the course sooooo bad- ill never forget that. "why couldn't you just wait one more week"
    dad, I could have, but my balls couldn't!

5. Calves and traps, I never work them out but they're still well developed. If you can transform your body with little effort thank God for your good genetics
    •   

6. Its just common sense. Some people have great hand eye coordination, so they are good at table tennis or baseball.

Some people are able to run fast for long distances.

Some have great bursts of speed for short distances.

A guy cannot be taught how to run a 4.4 , 40 yard dash. They were not blessed with good enough genetics to do that.

A person who has good genetics for bodybuilding will know it within a couple years. The Pro's you see out there? Within 5-6 years they were competing at the top level. Within a couple years many of them were already winning local competitions. The guys that make it professionally in Bodybuilding make up about 1 % of people who lift in the world.

7. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    Its just common sense. Some people have great hand eye coordination, so they are good at table tennis or baseball.

Some people are able to run fast for long distances.

Some have great bursts of speed for short distances.

A guy cannot be taught how to run a 4.4 , 40 yard dash. They were not blessed with good enough genetics to do that.

A person who has good genetics for bodybuilding will know it within a couple years. The Pro's you see out there? Within 5-6 years they were competing at the top level. Within a couple years many of them were already winning local competitions. The guys that make it professionally in Bodybuilding make up about 1 % of people who lift in the world.
    I'd say more like .1%
    The more I progress, the more I want to progress

8. Quote Originally Posted by datsthat View Post
    I'd say more like .1%
    This is why I advise people not to get caught up in magazines. Its not real life and not how the human body naturally develops even with serious weight training.

9. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    This is why I advise people not to get caught up in magazines. Its not real life and not how the human body naturally develops even with serious weight training.
    Apparently you don't take your own advice because from all your posts and threads, you're chasing "perfection" and everyone else who doesn't shouldn't even bother training.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

10. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    And if BB isn't paying your mortgage and taking care of you and your family, THEN DO NOT TAKE THE SAME/SIMILAR RISK

11. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Apparently you don't take your own advice because from all your posts and threads, you're chasing "perfection" and everyone else who doesn't shouldn't even bother training.
    Im chasing perfection of my own body. I focus on myself and look to improve on it every single day.

12. Quote Originally Posted by datsthat View Post
    And if BB isn't paying your mortgage and taking care of you and your family, THEN DO NOT TAKE THE SAME/SIMILAR RISK
    Yes exactly.

13. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    low blow.......

14. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    Im chasing perfection of my own body. I focus on myself and look to improve on it every single day.
    I know..... while judging others...
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

15. came here to get my genetics checked and found out I was a bad golfer

all because I ran out of gear mid cycle and my sponsors didn't pay enough for new swing coaches.

16. Genetics don't carry nearly as much weight as the fitness industry would have you believe. Jay cutler and others were scrawny little bitches before they started using AAS

17. Genetics excuse is just a scape goat 99% of the time.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    My posts outside of OL threads are my opinion, don't take them as offensive!
    [email protected]

18. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    Genetics don't carry nearly as much weight as the fitness industry would have you believe. Jay cutler and others were scrawny little bitches before they started using AAS
    Not true. Most of those guys have natural test levels that are higher than even guys who use roids. Dorian Yates for example had a natural test level in the 1000's. So gifted that he grew by just touching a weight.

19. Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    Not true. Most of those guys have natural test levels that are higher than even guys who use roids. Dorian Yates for example had a natural test level in the 1000's. So gifted that he grew by just touching a weight.
    Cool story bro.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Cool story bro.
    You are a freakin idiot if you don't think its true. Yates benched over 300 pounds the first time he ever tried the exercise. You will never be him. Nor will you ever be Jay Cutler.
  21. How do you know if you have good genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by LovingtoLift View Post
    You are a freakin idiot if you don't think its true. Yates benched over 300 pounds the first time he ever tried the exercise. You will never be him. Nor will you ever be Jay Cutler.
    You really got to stop preaching these random words as facts. Dafuq do you know? Hey guess what i squatted 400lbs for 36 reps the first time i eyeballed the bar. Nomsayn'

To the latter point, who would wanna look like either of them? lmfaoooo
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

22. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    You really got to stop preaching these random words as facts. Dafuq do you know? Hey guess what i squatted 400lbs for 36 reps the first time i eyeballed the bar. Nomsayn'

To the latter point, who would wanna look like either of them? lmfaoooo
    LOL
  23. How do you know if you have good genetics?

Genetics do play a big role when it comes to being an IFBB Pro (mainly with getting a card in heavier weight classes). You don't need to have the best, but they do need to be good. One example is John Meadows, who has pretty good bodybuilding genetics, worked his ass off for longer than many on this forum have been alive, and finally turned pro, after first placing well at the national level about 17 years ago. He even made it to the Arnold this weekend where he was the most conditioned, but placed poorly, which I believe was due to his shape, that he worked incredibly hard to improve (and did dramatically) from his last show.

Most people truly don't have the potential to reach the top of the sport, no matter how hard they work at it and what they use in their attempt to maximize their potential. This is the same for most professional sports (most are genetic freaks). If you're 5'5" and can't jump, but work harder than anyone else, don't expect to be playing in the NBA unless you're an extreme outlier.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  24. How do you know if you have good genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    Genetics don't carry nearly as much weight as the fitness industry would have you believe. Jay cutler and others were scrawny little bitches before they started using AAS
    Another thing that some people don't consider is the individual genetic response to AAS. You will find guys that are smaller and blow up, while others are naturally muscular and close to, or have reached, their genetic potential, that don't see a good amount of accelerated growth with the introduction of AAS.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

25. mod edit: control yourself and what you post or you're going to be removed. this is not your first warning.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How Do You Know If You Need A Vitamin Supplement
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
  2. Vitamin deficiency - How do you know if you have it? / Life Style Changes.
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
  3. How do i know if i have had a good workout?
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 04:50 AM
  4. How do You Know if Your Food is Genetically Modified?
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:47 PM
  5. How do you know if you wasted a filter?
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 05:09 PM