Back to basics AGAIN!

Traderjack

Awards
Been on the forum for a while, but only just registered.
Been training for 15years + and been through various stages of fitness / fatness and thinness!
I was once told its 40% and 60% diet. It's only over the last year and having seen gains that I can say this was WRONG! In my opinion it's more like 80% diet 20% training. Having eaten clean, raw, whole foods; Meat, Veg, nuts seeds and dairy with a focus on 1.5grams per lb of BW for protein that huge gains have come. I used to eat everything in site from chips to burgers to cake and train like a mother trucker and just be an out of shape bodybuilder. On training I would skip from one program to the next every 4 weeks from PHAT to 5/3/1 to copying what Dorian or others are doing again the gains were few.
Having returned to basics from 15years ago the true gains are back. Heavy focus on the compounds, training each body part twice a week, sticking to the Tried and tested 4 sets, 8-12 reps with a drop set on the last exercise. Hoping to stick some logs on the site soon. But just wanted to share my thoughts.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Good stuff man! Charge on and get dem gains!

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me too. Tried a bunch of the same as you. For me, the basics are what makes me feel and look the way I want.

Last edited:
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TJ, throw a log up. Would like to follow along.

Traderjack

Awards
Thanks, will get some logs on from Monday.
Just a side note, I hate the deadlifts, squats, OH press etc because they hurt, so I'd stick them in a the beginning of the routine then crack on with the stuff I liked; flys, leg extensions etc. But as part of my back to basics I'm focusing on the big stuff, Because they hurt and I hate them. There horrible for a reason as the big compounds are what push me and it's where my gains lie.