How to properly dry out for a show

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I have a contest in 5 weeks and this time around being my fourth I want to nail it. The past three times during peak week I've always messed with added sodium/water and it almost ends in a disaster. This time I'm wondering ppls opinion on what to properly do.some say cut added salt 10 days out and taper water down Into the show. Some say keep sodium where it's at don't change it and don't stop drinking water. Some keep salt and taper water. I am so CONFUSED what is the best way to drop the water and look dry as ****!!!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I've got a show in just over a week. In my last show (first) i never reduced salt. I carbed up the day before the show while drinking a lot of water ti push all the glycogen into the muscles. I then stopped drinking water exactly 16 hours before stage time but continued to eat my carbs in each meal. This then pulled the water from under the skin. While i think I could have eaten a few more carbs (i didnt feel like i filled out enough) I looked pretty good. Heres a link to some pics. The first pics (where im white) were probably 3 days before the show. The pics later down show the difference!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bodybuilding-contest-preperation/248096-tips-first-show.html

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I've got a show in just over a week. In my last show (first) i never reduced salt. I carbed up the day before the show while drinking a lot of water ti push all the glycogen into the muscles. I then stopped drinking water exactly 16 hours before stage time but continued to eat my carbs in each meal. This then pulled the water from under the skin. While i think I could have eaten a few more carbs (i didnt feel like i filled out enough) I looked pretty good. Heres a link to some pics. The first pics (where im white) were probably 3 days before the show. The pics later down show the difference! http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bodybuilding-contest-preperation/248096-tips-first-show.html
thanks for responding. You looked great you were very very lean. I'm not as lean as my last show as I am trying to come in less depleted more full. But I'm thinking to just start measuring my added sodium I take and keep it consistent and maybe reduce closer to the show but not eliminate it

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I'm hoping to do the same next show. I'm bordering on the same condition but a kg or two heavier. Hopefully it shows.
That sounds like a good idea to me. I would not tapper it off. I had a stomach bug a week or two before my first show and was depleting sodium. I complely lost all vascularity and did not gain it back. As soon as i (unknowingly) ate something with a high salt content for the entire day my vascularity came back big time. I kep my salt levels at a moderate level from there on in. I did not touch it again.