- 08-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Ok, I need more advice. My 14 year old is wanting to start working out with me. I have been on working out for a little over a year now and he is starting to see the results. My question is.... Is 14 too early to start? I know the weight is important. But I hear so many people tell me that 14 is too young. I have allowed him to do some lifting with lite weight. Mostly just the bar, and cable pulls. Now he is wanting a schedule and increase in weight. Has anybody had any experience with starting a new teen out?
- 08-20-2014, 11:23 AM
That's about the age I started out. I don't see why it would not be okay. If he can physically handle the increase in weight while maintaining good form then why not? There are no scientific facts stating that lifting weights stunts growth by any means.
- 08-20-2014, 11:30 AM
04-27-2015, 07:07 PM
14 is not to early to start I am 14 and 140 pound 12% bf. As long as there is a spotter he should be fine
Similar Forum Threads
- By itzgambino in forum SupplementsReplies: 99Last Post: 06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
- By Nelson in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2003, 12:43 AM
- By Ibanez in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2003, 10:08 PM
- By sage in forum General ChatReplies: 45Last Post: 11-24-2002, 11:19 PM
- By true_c in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2002, 12:03 AM