How much muscle can I put on naturally?

xfit03

Awards
I've been consistently lifting since I was 18 and I am now 26. I've put on about 30 pounds of muscle in that time frame naturally and am wondering how much more I can realistically expect to add?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Relative to your height and where the season aligns with your diet, genetics, workouts, and the general nature of how life works, there is no way we can tell you that.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can put on as much as you want....just the time factor comes into play :)

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
I went from 135 to 195 in a year and 6 months. I started lifting at 18, suffered and injury, started all over again at 24 years old and 135lbs (ectomorph), now im 195 and 26 years old

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
realistically....no one can tell you that. You have to figure that out for yourself.

Dedication, perserverance, time, diet, sleep, routine, drive, genetics, injuries and knowledge level all play a role. Be patient and learn how to master your body.

26 is still very young.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've heard a lot of things and already a lot of good info in here. Nutrition and Training are the main things then add in acouple natural supplements and stay on that path. If you hit a plateau, then eat more and train harder. Although i have heard around 25ish is your prime time and then for some around 25-30 testosterone slowly starts going down hill and it will be harder to maintain and even harder to grow.

steel50

Awards
Quite a bit, but its gonna depend on intensity and yes genetics. Ive seen guys spend 4 years lifting consistantly and put on 10lbs. Are they idiots? usually, does genetics matter? absolutely. we have also all seen the guy who does nothing yet benches 300. You can be larger than a lot of guys who run PHs naturally though, I feel like most people forget how to train naturally and so yo yo too much.

not2excel

not2excel

Awards
I'm new here. I've put on40lbs in the past 3 years. Even with almost 2 of them having major financial and family issues that prevented me from even lifting consistently. Just eat bro. Living on mcds helped me with that

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I've heard a lot of things and already a lot of good info in here. Nutrition and Training are the main things then add in acouple natural supplements and stay on that path. If you hit a plateau, then eat more and train harder. Although i have heard around 25ish is your prime time and then for some around 25-30 testosterone slowly starts going down hill and it will be harder to maintain and even harder to grow.
I did some weight training in my early 20s and put on pounds of muscle pretty quick, roughly 2 pounds per month. I gave up lifting for a lot of years and started again at 38. I've put on about 10 pounds of muscle in the past 10 months. It's much slower and harder as you age but it is possible. Patience and dedication are the keys. I can attest to that.

papersteroid

Awards
Being a weight training novice, if you do every little thing suitable you'll be able to acquire 20 or so weight associated with muscle within your initial 12 months associated with suitable education.

Battossi

Awards
I've been consistently lifting since I was 18 and I am now 26. I've put on about 30 pounds of muscle in that time frame naturally and am wondering how much more I can realistically expect to add?
You'll never know till you know. There are some naturals that can put on 60 to 90lbs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I started at 17, I put on 40lbs by the time I was in my early 20s. Then it slowed, but still progressed. Over the course of 23 years of natural lifting, I put on and maintained about 60 lbs, starting at 155.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Only limited by genetics, everyone is different.... without your dna and family history no one knows this answer.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Right

JerryC

Awards
It honestly comes from how much you want it. Now like if your eating only 3000 calories a day and eating like 5 meals a day and training an hour a day yeah you'll be ok but not gonna get much progress. Up the meals to eight and the calories to 5000 calories and lift for 2 1/2 hours a day and I can promise you'll see more results. After a while throw in a hour of cardio speed up your metabolism turn your body into a machine and promise you you will love your results. Sounds a little crazy but the mor étouffée put in the more you get out

jaces

jaces

Awards
that is a question you should answer with the following questions:
1.how bad do you want it
2.what are your genetic and financial capeabilities
3.do you have the balls to sacrafice,lift and eat??
4.what you define as natural

and only you can determine the answers

Battossi

Awards
that is a question you should answer with the following questions:
1.how bad do you want it
2.what are your genetic and financial capeabilities
3.do you have the balls to sacrafice,lift and eat??
4.what you define as natural

and only you can determine the answers
I personally assume synthetic hormone free.

jaces

jaces

Awards
well most people would not be classified as natural then.. because most people take synthetic or ''analog'' hormones and they dont even know it

David147

Awards
How much muscle can you realistically build in the span of a month is one of the most common questions that i get asked, a lot of skinny guys and hardgainers seem to be under the impression that they can build far more muscle then what is actually possible. This is not your fault and is the fault of magazine advertising and paid spokes persons telling you lies. Dispite what the magazines say you cannot build 20 or 30lbs of muscle a month.

Your body can actually only naturally manufacture 1 or 2lbs of dry muscle per month. This is without steroids or any other harmful supplements. This is how much muscle you can gain in 1 month. 1 or 2 lbs dosnt sound much but when you consisder that 1 or 2lbs on a monthly basis could mean that over the space of a year you could have 12-24lbs of new rock solid lean muscle on your body.

With the increase of muscle you are going to increase storage space for glycogen and for water, so what happens is that your body actually gains around 5-6lbs of muscle mass per month. By following a strict training program and diet you should be aiming to gain atleast 5-6lbs of lean muscle per month. This is a realistic goal.

Low carb - High protein with every second day full body workout and 3 large meals a day and 3 small, you can use a replacement shake only for the larger meals. 3500 calories a day. No, thats gaining a pund a day of fat, stick to 1500 a day and the workouts!

jaces

jaces

Awards
1500 cals?? thats way low even for n cutting tipe diet not to mention a weight gain diet..