best 3 day whole body workout

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
Guys,

Been researching alot on switching up to a 3 day a week whole body routine for maximum muscle gains.

Just trying to decide between say the upper on Monday , lower on Wednesday and upper Again Friday type or a full upper\lower every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

What have you guys seen or experienced as the better of the two in terms of lean gains?

Any links to good programs are much appreciated .

Jay

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Push, Pull, Legs

Or double down on sessions if you have lagging areas.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mon: (Upper) Focus on horizontal press and rows
Wed: (Lower) Deadlift/Ham/Quad
Friday: (Upper) Vertical press and rows/pulls

the next week-

Mon: (Lower) Squat/Ham/Quad
Wed: (Upper) Press
Fri: (Lower) Deadlift

and keep rotating like that. Just another idea.

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
Mon: (Upper) Focus on horizontal press and rows
Wed: (Lower) Deadlift/Ham/Quad
Friday: (Upper) Vertical press and rows/pulls

the next week-

Mon: (Lower) Squat/Ham/Quad
Wed: (Upper) Press
Fri: (Lower) Deadlift

and keep rotating like that. Just another idea.
I like it. Been doing the standard split forever so it's time for a change.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also look into the 3 day split for DC training on IntenseMuscle.com

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also look into the 3 day split for DC training on IntenseMuscle.com
Last time I did this I made more strength gains in 12 weeks than I had in the previous 12 months, and spent about an hour and a half each week in the gym. Was sore as **** too

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last time I did this I made more strength gains in 12 weeks than I had in the previous 12 months, and spent about an hour and a half each week in the gym. Was sore as **** too
When done right it is money for growth.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recovery had better be on point, that's for sure.

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
Ya know I thought each day's workout wouldn't be too bad considering you're essentially doing 1 set per scheduled body part with 2 additional rest pause sets.
But it gave me a hell of a workout...the same or more so than traditional 3 sets to failure per body part.

Must be the 11-15 seconds between failure each time that creates much more intensity than a two minute break between failure sets.

I'm liking it so far....I think I push even harder knowing that the volume is drastically lower so I make everything count that much more .

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be tough because the whole basis of DC training is beating the reps from your previous sessions. This could be tough on below maintenance level nutrition.

W

Willie_h

Awards
This is the kind of **** that i find usefull. Thers always some info that helps. Cheers

W

Willie_h

Awards
The most sleep i can get in any day ever would be 6 hours... Would this 3 day plan still benefit me? Im quite busy with work and my kid when i get home?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You just need to figure out when in your schedule you can grab at least an hour to crush the weights. Sleep is one area that never should be lacking though.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Check out the traditional 5x5 training you hit your entire body three times. It also has you squatting all three sessions it is brutal

D

David147

Awards
You don't mention sets and reps. which means the 3 day is fine if your workout plan is also good.
you just need one push, one pull and one leg exercise to build proportional muscle and slightly overeating to gain muscle without gaining fat.
scoobys workshop site is the site i would have wanted to have when i first started working out. he has good basic routines and good nutritional information too. best site i know for a beginner and good for advanced bodybuilders too...