Uneven Back!!!

  1. Uneven Back!!!


    The right side of my back is bigger than my left. My mid back and slightly my lat but my mid back is the problem I'm mostly concerned about. Just need a couple exercise ideals to help get my back more symmetrical. Keep in mind I workout in my backyard so no machines or pulley systems exercises thank you


  2. got the same problem, right lat is bigger than the left. probably do from sports and being right hand dominant
    1200 pound club

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    The right side of my back is bigger than my left. My mid back and slightly my lat but my mid back is the problem I'm mostly concerned about. Just need a couple exercise ideals to help get my back more symmetrical. Keep in mind I workout in my backyard so no machines or pulley systems exercises thank you
    Hey mate, Isometric excesses I.e just working with one side at a time. Example: My left lat was a little bigger than the right, so I switched from barbell low row to dumbbell low row (one side at a time). Should assist.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by jarod86 View Post
    Hey mate, Isometric excesses I.e just working with one side at a time. Example: My left lat was a little bigger than the right, so I switched from barbell low row to dumbbell low row (one side at a time). Should assist.
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?
    A mirror/training partner is your best friend man; to correct form. dead lifts and rows etc. with good form will smooth things out . Maybe a gym membership is worth it just for the mirrors and cables!

  6. Thanks bro

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?
    One of my lats is quite larger than my other one and im almost positive its from doing mixed grip deadlifts without switching hands. Quite annoying to say the least.
    NutraPlanet Customer Service
    1-866-780-3755
    support@nutraplanet.com

  8. I dealt with the same problem.

    Add in iso lateral work and start with the weak side first.

    One arm pulldown and db rows work well.

    Also mountain climber pull-ups to the one side as a warm-up will pre exhaust the muscle nicely.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. on winny and back sore
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 04:36 AM
  2. Uneven lats need a good unilateral back workout
    By Sparta12 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 08:17 PM
  3. Uneven Back Mobility?
    By DataCaliber in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 12:13 PM
  4. just got back...uneven strength..??
    By sepheus61 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 08:07 PM
  5. raybravo back !
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Log in
Log in