Uneven Back!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Uneven Back!!!

  1. Danotops's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Reputation

    Uneven Back!!!


    The right side of my back is bigger than my left. My mid back and slightly my lat but my mid back is the problem I'm mostly concerned about. Just need a couple exercise ideals to help get my back more symmetrical. Keep in mind I workout in my backyard so no machines or pulley systems exercises thank you

  2. cumminslifter's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    1419697

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    got the same problem, right lat is bigger than the left. probably do from sports and being right hand dominant
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  3. jarod86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    35

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    The right side of my back is bigger than my left. My mid back and slightly my lat but my mid back is the problem I'm mostly concerned about. Just need a couple exercise ideals to help get my back more symmetrical. Keep in mind I workout in my backyard so no machines or pulley systems exercises thank you
    Hey mate, Isometric excesses I.e just working with one side at a time. Example: My left lat was a little bigger than the right, so I switched from barbell low row to dumbbell low row (one side at a time). Should assist.
    •   
       

  4. Danotops's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jarod86 View Post
    Hey mate, Isometric excesses I.e just working with one side at a time. Example: My left lat was a little bigger than the right, so I switched from barbell low row to dumbbell low row (one side at a time). Should assist.
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?
  5. jarod86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    35

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?
    A mirror/training partner is your best friend man; to correct form. dead lifts and rows etc. with good form will smooth things out . Maybe a gym membership is worth it just for the mirrors and cables!
  6. Danotops's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Reputation

    Thanks bro
  7. corbin@nutra's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    39823

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Danotops View Post
    But what about for more of the mid back? Deadlifts and hope it evens over time?
    One of my lats is quite larger than my other one and im almost positive its from doing mixed grip deadlifts without switching hands. Quite annoying to say the least.
    NutraPlanet Customer Service
    1-866-780-3755
    support@nutraplanet.com
  8. Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,548
    Rep Power
    7326889

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I dealt with the same problem.

    Add in iso lateral work and start with the weak side first.

    One arm pulldown and db rows work well.

    Also mountain climber pull-ups to the one side as a warm-up will pre exhaust the muscle nicely.

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. on winny and back sore
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:36 AM
  2. Uneven lats need a good unilateral back workout
    By Sparta12 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
  3. Uneven Back Mobility?
    By DataCaliber in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:13 AM
  4. just got back...uneven strength..??
    By sepheus61 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 07:07 PM
  5. raybravo back !
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-22-2002, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in