**Views on men working out in leggings**

jvu9109

jvu9109

Awards
Hello all,

I've recent purchased a pair Nike leggings and am curious to what your guys' thoughts are on wearing them on leg day. Up for anybody's take on them. Is it awkward to be wearing just leggings or should I wear shorts over them?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, I wear skin tight Rheband neoprene warm briefs when I pull sumo with zero ****s given.

If your leggings look like yoga pants though, I would put shorts over them.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh, I wear skin tight Rheband neoprene warm briefs when I pull sumo with zero ****s given. If your leggings look like yoga pants though, I would put shorts over them.
Doesn't the Rhebands serve a purpose though? That's different then trying to show off your man ass.

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Lol I'm sorry but that is the most homosexual look I have ever seen in the gym. Leave the yoga pants for the ladies.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all, I've recent purchased a pair Nike leggings and am curious to what your guys' thoughts are on wearing them on leg day. Up for anybody's take on them. Is it awkward to be wearing just leggings or should I wear shorts over them?
U r a personal trainer, correct?
Skip the leggings... U might atract the wrong clientele , lol......
;)

jvu9109

jvu9109

Awards
Thank you all for your input. Your responses makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely continue to wear shorts over them! Good thing I haven't worked out in them bare yet LOL!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I'm sorry but that is the most homosexual look I have ever seen in the gym. Leave the yoga pants for the ladies. The f*** you need leggings for? Man up.
its funny how things that were standard few years ago are now considered gay or i don't know what else. stripped thights were very 'a la mode' and used some 10 15 years ago. i dont see what is wrong with that. if you like working out in leggings and feel comfortable, go for it.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say to use whatever equipment that works for you. It's a gym not a fashion runway!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've got some 2XU compression tights that I'll wear solo when I'm just doing cardio. But I put shorts over them if I wear them for a leg day. I'm comfortable in tights only if I'm just going to be in one place but there is something about parading around the weight room in them (for me).

P2A

Awards
Honestly idk why anyone cares.. You're in the gym to workout and do your thing.. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable the most when working out.. You're not there to please anyone but yourself

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly idk why anyone cares.. You're in the gym to workout and do your thing.. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable the most when working out.. You're not there to please anyone but yourself
That's what I say, ^^^, lol...
I don't get why ppl kept looking at me when I was training in my show shoes, lol...
So what if I'm training in 5" heels, lol...
;)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are happy and comfortable with that, go for it ;)
Ha ha ha, yes, when the time came for me to walk the stage? Those heals felt like flip flops, lol.. I owned that sh!t...
;)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently, I can't spell today, lol...
Heels, lol....
;)

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
That **** is gay.

HooahSwoll

HooahSwoll

Awards
It can go one of two ways... If you got the goods, the eye candy of the gym might come over for a talk. OR You'll be on Youtube in a viral video on everyones facebook timeline... you can roll the dice.

wyrd1

Awards
How about sweat pants over them. Then no one has to know.

Don't care though. I assume most ppl wearing meggings are working through shin splints or other issue.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
How about sweat pants over them. Then no one has to know.

Don't care though. I assume most ppl wearing meggings are working through shin splints or other issue.
If you wear sweat pants over them, then there's really no point

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you wear sweat pants over them, then there's really no point
This post doesn't make sense. Compression gear will do it's job under any type of clothing.

With that being said, no one wants to look at another man's junk at the gym or while training, including most women.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
This post doesn't make sense. Compression gear will do it's job under any type of clothing.

With that being said, no one wants to look at another man's junk at the gym or while training, including most women.
Leggings =/= compression gear

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh..well if those leggings aren't for compression, then I don't see the point in wearing them at all unless as long underwear in the winter haha

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all,

I've recent purchased a pair Nike leggings and am curious to what your guys' thoughts are on wearing them on leg day. Up for anybody's take on them. Is it awkward to be wearing just leggings or should I wear shorts over them?
Are they compression leggings? If not, and they're just men's tights why bother?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol I'm just messin around.. no offense to anyone here

GoatNapper

Awards
Let the Haters HATE

it is all up to you, where i am currently at (europe), a lot of guys wear leggings with shorts over them, or just the leggings on leg day. i personally dont like the look and go with the sweatpants or shorts. just do you and dont worry about what others think! haters will always hate, they will just find something else if not this.....another thing to think about is you might get guys staring at your ass if they think your a chick from behind, just sayin'.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it is all up to you, where i am currently at (europe), a lot of guys wear leggings with shorts over them, or just the leggings on leg day. i personally dont like the look and go with the sweatpants or shorts. just do you and dont worry about what others think! haters will always hate, they will just find something else if not this.....another thing to think about is you might get guys staring at your ass if they think your a chick from behind, just sayin'.

I've been to Europe a lot and also trained a lot in Germany. I've seen a lot of people wear compression pants with shorts overtop. Are you sure they are wearing leggings with no compression? Leggings with no compression at all, there is no functional aspect to them, as far as I gather - other than the aesthetic aspect of bearing the bulges for people to see. As a heterosexual, I really struggle to see the point in them. This is not hate, but a legitimate question - what is the point in leggings with no compression?

GoatNapper

Awards
Well I think it's mainly comfort or the person may be gay, who knows, I've never have asked

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
That's what I say, ^^^, lol...
I don't get why ppl kept looking at me when I was training in my show shoes, lol...
So what if I'm training in 5" heels, lol...
;)
Could you come to my gym, please? lol