500lb in sight

4324downs

Awards
Hey guys i hit a personal best last night for squat at 475. Only take creatine and fish oil and weigh 223. I was pretty excited about this and my goal is to sneak into 500 pound range

How was ur 500lb lift and how'd u feel? (No homo) I can only imagine its crazy awesome feeling and can't wait to get there

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Great job man. Those are big numbers! I don't remember exactly when I hit over 500 for squats?! I do remember doing 565 for 6 once, most I ever did, usually never went below 12 reps. Then I herniated a disk in my lower lumbar a few months later(stemmed from a bad car accident a few years prior). So it's been all leg press ever since then. Which the most I've done for that is 28 45s for 14 reps, knees to chest. I remember the big lifts, not the days I went over big even numbers? Idk why

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you hit 475, then 500 is around the corner, and it'll feel great!

4324downs

Awards
Thanks for ur input guys. I just hope to continue to grow and beast it

4324downs

Awards
26 225 training has varied. Last year did gvt followed by 5x5 and now im on 5,3,1. I feel like with the 5,3,1 I've seen better increase in strength

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Nice, that's solid. Keep up the hard work bro!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Find yourself a meet and test drive 500 on the platform!

4324downs

Awards
Nice, that's solid. Keep up the hard work bro!
Thanks man!! I pray I won't have any nagging aches in my legs like I have in my shoulder.. ever experience these aches? Did u take anything?

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man!! I pray I won't have any nagging aches in my legs like I have in my shoulder.. ever experience these aches? Did u take anything?
Do you take any joint supplements? Glucosamine chondroitin works wonders. Yeah I took anabolics off and on between 23-26. I've been natural for the last 2+ years and am larger now than when I used to take gear by working harder on diet mainly but also learning more about some natural supplements that have helped and different training techniques.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you Sean! Have u competed? What was ur class and numbers if u don't mind me asking
His class: Badass

His numbers: Big as all hell.

Totally step on the platform, dude. 475 is a fantastic squat, and the first 500 makes you feel like such a boss, like you've arrived and you're here to whoop ass. Keep chasin!

4324downs

Awards
Do you take any joint supplements? Glucosamine chondroitin works wonders. Yeah I took anabolics off and on between 23-26. I've been natural for the last 2+ years and am larger now than when I used to take gear by working harder on diet mainly but also learning more about some natural supplements that have helped and different training techniques.
Just fish oil so to answer ur question no. Ill def look into that. I need something to shake this shoulder to work on my dl numbers. That's awesome man congrats.its life. Love lifting

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glucosamine and Cissus will certainly help. Google search "Eric Cressey shoulders" (particularly Shoulder Savers Part 1, 2, and 3) and the same with Tony Gentilecore, Kelly Starrett, and SuperD...on YouTube also. Enjoy the readin.

I've competed twice. Both drug tested division in the 220 class, with knee wraps. 550/300/515 and 600/300/485 my second meet. My gym numbers for my deadlift are much better than that last meet. I too, have **** shoulders.

Now Herderdude here...he was given a barbell at a young age of 2 years old and he bench pressed the biggest kid in school and took his lunch money and bought his first lifting singlet with it.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Yes I also love cissus. I use it whenever I have an injury or an old injury starts to bother me. Great stuff. I remember in college I was stuck at 295 for reps for a couple of weeks because I was getting bad elbow pain if I did more weight (I had done much more before), two weeks of supercissus and put up 365 for 5

4324downs

Awards
Damn I will def pick some of that up then and go do some reading... might do it today at work, who needs to be productive at their job right? U guys are awesome thank you

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just keep in mind that it won't fix everything and it's no miracle if you're having anything that needs fixed via form issues/rehabbing/tissue ect

4324downs

Awards
Just keep in mind that it won't fix everything and it's no miracle if you're having anything that needs fixed via form issues/rehabbing/tissue ect
Thanks sean, I assumed it was like taurines help with back pumps that people say they get

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks sean, I assumed it was like taurines help with back pumps that people say they get
Not really. I believe that's associated with AAS use anyways. Any joint supplement is going to need some time to work so it needs to be taken consistently.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Taurine helps with pumps by hydrating muscle cells and allowing them to expand more, which will actually help back pumps people get. It also helps increase protein synthesis. The glucosamine and chondroitin (I take a liquid by NOW that also contains msm) helps with the synthesis, maintenance and regeneration of cartilage. Glucosamine helps cartilage uptake more sulfur and supports the production of synovial fluid within the bone tissue itself. Chondroitin helps nutrients and fluids get to cartilage tissue. It usually takes a good two weeks before you start to feel the effects of gluc/chon supplementation. I go through a bottle of the one I recommend every two weeks. Haven't stopped in years.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good info^ I get my Glucosamine through Orange Triad obviously, then I also use Antaeus Labs Achilies or SuperCissus then EPharm Joint Force (topical) on areas with chronic imflammation (my AC joint) It actually provides immediate relief.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Orange triad is good, I've taken a few bottles, I just use this liquid one because I get sick of pills. I haven't tried that topical but I have used Blue Emu oil that worked well.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Joint Force sometime. Pretty awesome.

Forgot about Blue Emu oil!

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I def will, after lifting for so long I have a lot of little injuries that can pop up at any time haha

4324downs

Awards
So I just picked up some Orange traid woth an additional bottle of glucosamine chondroitin. What is the proper dosage that u guys take? Just bottle recommendations?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
26 225 training has varied. Last year did gvt followed by 5x5 and now im on 5,3,1. I feel like with the 5,3,1 I've seen better increase in strength
I also enjoy 5/3/1 my maxes have gone up a lot. That's awesome dude, 500 is going to feel great!

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Man I can't wait to squat 500. Imagine how many people have ever put 500lbs on their back and went ass to grass? not many

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I can't wait to squat 500. Imagine how many people have ever put 500lbs on their back and went ass to grass? not many
I just can't wait to hit 405, I'm so fawking close

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I just can't wait to hit 405, I'm so fawking close
I haven't even attempted it but I know I could hit it. Yesterday I hit 385 for 3x5 then only got 4 on the 4th set. I've been training just legs the last month and a half or so and my strength has jumped up quick...