Gain 17lbs of muscle in 800 days??

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Do you think this is possible (I'm female)? I would like to keep it natural for as long as feasible.

Here's a bit more detail. First of all, why the somewhat strange numbers? There are from the new (actually kind of neat, but a little buggy) goal-setting function on a different bodybuilding website that I just rediscovered. So I'm taking those numbers as ballpark values to shoot for.

I have been weight lifting for the past ~5 years, though for one reason or another (e.g. training for half-marathons, relocating, traveling, being burnt out) have taken about 3 months off from that every year, and took the majority of last year off as well. I've been slowly getting back into the gym for the past ~5 months, and cleaning my diet up (i.e. slowly making this a lifestyle again). I'm currently going 3x a week, I'm doing a 5x5 program, and I'm following a mostly Paleo diet, but with some dairy, and I (unfortunately?) have a soft spot for craft beers.

Thoughts, ideas, comments, political satire?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
800 days? Certainly a strange number like you said.

That's easily achievable without even contemplating the use of steroids. Eat in a slight caloric surplus, and you're already on a strength training program with plenty of rest. I'm not sure what else you're wondering. Maybe you can be more specific with what you're doing now. Caloric intake? What you do exactly for training?

You can always start up a training log. It will allow you to log everything from workouts and diet ect and have others be able to chime in and assist you on the way.

Craft beers? Yes please.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think this is possible (I'm female)? I would like to keep it natural for as long as feasible.
Well, #17 pounds of steak, is a lot of meat to be able to paste onto the body.
Not boned up on the abilities of a female and lean mass gains, but as far as I know, the going rate for the normal natural male, is about #5-#8 a year.
(Maybe hard to actually measure "just lean" gains, unless you get the BMI tests or whatever.

Here's a bit more detail. First of all, why the somewhat strange numbers? There are from the new (actually kind of neat, but a little buggy) goal-setting function on a different bodybuilding website that I just rediscovered. So I'm taking those numbers as ballpark values to shoot for.
Yeah, just not sure if that is just lean mass!?
I'm currently going 3x a week, I'm doing a 5x5 program, and I'm following a mostly Paleo diet, but with some dairy,
What do you tend to lean towards genetically? Are you more thin and and longer boned or shorter and perhaps stockier?

and I (unfortunately?) have a soft spot for craft beers.
Side order of hot wings with that?
Beer!? carbs!?

political satire?
I heard George W Bush could leg press #800!?!?, or some pretty big number and had a RHR of like 46.

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to start a training log on here soon, whenever I have a bit of time.

Yeah, said website (I can't post the link, can I? It's not hard to find though, it's a highly frequented bodybuilding website) specifically said lean mass. I entered my stats, chose what physique I was shooting for (bodybuilder, all other physiques had me loose lean body mass, and fat mass, so I said, no thanks), and it caculated goal weight, bodyfat, etc for me.

17lbs did sound a little high to me, at least naturally, that's why I'm asking. I'm 5'9" @ 150 lbs, so definitely not stocky, not super thin either, though. But if this is within the realm of possibilities, I'd want to try gaining 17 lbs of muscle.

Though I'm not a fan of supplements, are there any that you'd highly recommend? I want to try to get all my protein from food, so no protein shakes right now. But CEE/creatine maybe?

Lol at G. Bush lifting #800. What's RHR?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to start a training log on here soon, whenever I have a bit of time.

Yeah, said website (I can't post the link, can I? It's not hard to find though, it's a highly frequented bodybuilding website) specifically said lean mass. I entered my stats, chose what physique I was shooting for (bodybuilder, all other physiques had me loose lean body mass, and fat mass, so I said, no thanks), and it caculated goal weight, bodyfat, etc for me.

17lbs did sound a little high to me, at least naturally, that's why I'm asking. I'm 5'9" @ 150 lbs, so definitely not stocky, not super thin either, though. But if this is within the realm of possibilities, I'd want to try gaining 17 lbs of muscle.

Though I'm not a fan of supplements, are there any that you'd highly recommend? I want to try to get all my protein from food, so no protein shakes right now. But CEE/creatine maybe?

Lol at G. Bush lifting #800. What's RHR?
Resting heart rate.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you normally get in per day for protein? How many grams?

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Right now I'm getting about 60-80g protein, and 1800-2200 kcal a day. Still trying to find my maintenance levels for my macros, but I think protein has to go up at least 100g a day.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now I'm getting about 60-80g protein, and 1800-2200 kcal a day. Still trying to find my maintenance levels for my macros, but I think protein has to go up at least 100g a day.
You would certainly need to up your protein intake. At least 100 grams a day to start I would say.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend has gone from 127 to 141 (she's 5'7") in about a year and is leaner than I am. 100% natural. You can do it.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
If you've never lifted in your life you'll make the most gains the first year. After that expect maybe 3 lean pounds a year. More if you're diet isn't perfect. If you're looking for lean gains though where your diet is perfect expect progress to take much longer

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
My girl didn't just start lifting, she's been going 5+ days a week for years. She just let me help her step up her diet, she does her own training tho, she actually trains her sister.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what its worth, I'm averaging 8lbs per year over the past 6 years, being a male, and at various times have had supraphysiological hormone levels. So I guess you can ask urself if 18lbs of muscle tissue is possible in less than 3 years, naturally as a woman...

Granted, I'm much closer to my genetic limit, too which has something to do with rate of growth.

I think 8-10lbs of actual muscle tissue is possible to achieve naturally in 800 days. I will also say that intracellular water weight is considered lean tissue since u really cant tell a difference.

Creatine mono would give u the first 3lbs in a matter of weeks if u arent already taking that.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
For what its worth, I'm averaging 8lbs per year over the past 6 years, being a male, and at various times have had supraphysiological hormone levels. So I guess you can ask urself if 18lbs of muscle tissue is possible in less than 3 years, naturally as a woman... Granted, I'm much closer to my genetic limit, too which has something to do with rate of growth. I think 8-10lbs of actual muscle tissue is possible to achieve naturally in 800 days. I will also say that intracellular water weight is considered lean tissue since u really cant tell a difference. Creatine mono would give u the first 3lbs in a matter of weeks if u arent already taking that.
100 percent agree... Glycogen stores also make up lean mass

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
How can we be comparing men using gear and woman training naturally? Isn't that kinda like genetically enhanced apples vs organic oranges?

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
But along those lines, haha. I can say that I went from 170 at 18yrs old to 200 at 23 naturally, then using gear here and there, I went up to 215, in the last two years I've managed to naturally get to where I now maintain over 230. I've never been over single digit bodyfat. Learning more about diet, training, rest and natural supplements can make a huge difference. My body doesn't want to be anywhere near this big (I'm 6'1"), but I force it to be with 7-8 meals a day and busting my asss in the gym 6 days a week.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
But along those lines, haha. I can say that I went from 170 at 18yrs old to 200 at 23 naturally, then using gear here and there, I went up to 215, in the last two years I've managed to naturally get to where I now maintain over 230. I've never been over single digit bodyfat. Learning more about diet, training, rest and natural supplements can make a huge difference. My body doesn't want to be anywhere near this big (I'm 6'1"), but I force it to be with 7-8 meals a day and busting my asss in the gym 6 days a week.
I call bullshyt on you never being over single digit bodyfat.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How can we be comparing men using gear and woman training naturally? Isn't that kinda like genetically enhanced apples vs organic oranges?
When the goal she laid out is challenging for men on gear, then yes, its noteworthy on the subject.

It gave realistic perspective for her if anything.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
When the goal she laid out is challenging for men on gear, then yes, its noteworthy on the subject. It gave realistic perspective for her if anything.
That was meant as a joke, but like I said, my girl gained about 14lbs in just over a year naturally working hard and eating right, a small amount of it may be bodyfat, but she is super lean, I can send a pic if you want. So this woman's goal is very achievable being 2" taller.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Now that I think about it, it's been closer to two years that she's made that weight change. The time has been going by fast. Here ya go this was a few days ago, so you can tell she's not a fatty

image-3282718996.jpg

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Well, that gives me hope. Just started a log in the training section. Gonna try and see how much I can gain in 800 days.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never never never never never give up Winston Churchill