Chest weak

K

Kdog93

Awards
My chest used to be pretty strong I was out or training for 5 months and can't seem to get it back again my bench was at 140 kg on5x5 but I can't even push 90 for 2 sets of 5 now any good strength training techniques fellas

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you just pretty much start back?
What did you do before to get it to 140 5x5?

K

Kdog93

Awards
Pyramid sets of 10 up to 100kg then a power lifter trained with me for abit I can't really remember what he taught me to do. May have had abit of extra help at the time

Beast30

Beast30

Awards
I have found that when i am out of lifting that the best way to build my strength up is to do high reps of like 12-15 and using dumbells helps with strength because it isolates muscles more.

L

Lifting1992

Awards
I found bench pressing with dumbbells really help me get a tighter squeeze at top and after a month and a half it helped me break my plateau on straight bar bench immensely. Honestly, I would skip the bench for a while and focus on form and the squeeze of dumbbells then go back to bench.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I found bench pressing with dumbbells really help me get a tighter squeeze at top and after a month and a half it helped me break my plateau on straight bar bench immensely. Honestly, I would skip the bench for a while and focus on form and the squeeze of dumbbells then go back to bench.
This is great advice, switching to DB's only for 4-8 weeks has helped me many times break out of BB plateaus.

If you've just gotten back, get your diet and training back on, and you should see yourself jump back to your old size/strength fairly quickly

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only use DBs for chest presses. It's the only way I can establish feel in my pectorals. I occasionally use lite weight for BB neck presses; I may use something like 135lbs or maybe 155lbs tops and really concentrate on form. Otherwise my chest training consists of dips, incline DB presses and flyes, and DB pullovers. Occasionally I switch things up of course, but those are my core exercises. I'm more likely to switch up intensity techniques or volume than actual exercises.

Psychward

Psychward

Awards
I only use DBs for chest presses. It's the only way I can establish feel in my pectorals. I occasionally use lite weight for BB neck presses; I may use something like 135lbs or maybe 155lbs tops and really concentrate on form. Otherwise my chest training consists of dips, incline DB presses and flyes, and DB pullovers. Occasionally I switch things up of course, but those are my core exercises. I'm more likely to switch up intensity techniques or volume than actual exercises.
These are the exercises i have been doing too, making great progress. Definetely prefer cable flyes over db flyes

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
increase frequency and volume.

L

LiftingTins

Awards
I do pyramid sets up to a 4-6 rep man, then finish with dropsets. do on incline, flat and declines, will build it back up quick.

J

jonson789

Awards
Hi..!
I think its due to leaving gym you should now concentrate fully on your daily exercise and try to take healthy diet and proper protein for better result and strength.