Elbow tennis

STLNYYDET43

Awards
Anyone suffer from this before? I'm dealing with it now and its torture. If anyone has any ways of getting over this let me know. Also if any supps out there speed up recovery. I'm icing and stretching right now.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
get one of the tennis elbow wraps from sports authority. down a bunch of fish oil. drink a bunch of water. and dont use it for like 2 weeks

the trick is really just dont use it. i got it real bad 4 years ago from bad bench pressing. ended up not able to press for 4 weeks or so. dont be like me. let it heal before you fuk it up even more

STLNYYDET43

Awards
Ight man appreciate the tips. Yeah at first I ignored it for about 2 months thought it would just go away and it got worse. Looks like my legs are gonna grow.

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take few weeks off

Use a elbow brace

Up fish oil pills and get a joint support

Ice after every session

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Dealing with the same thing right now.. It sucks but I'm not smart enough to take too much time off so I bought an elbow compression sleeve (just like a neoprene knee brace basically) and it helps for sure. Keeps your arm compressed and warm feeling. The pain didn't go away while training, but it was way less!!!

STLNYYDET43

Awards
Dealing with the same thing right now.. It sucks but I'm not smart enough to take too much time off so I bought an elbow compression sleeve (just like a neoprene knee brace basically) and it helps for sure. Keeps your arm compressed and warm feeling. The pain didn't go away while training, but it was way less!!!
I was the same way. I continued to lift for about 2 1/2 months with pain it finally got unbearable, and I had to stop. Haven't done upper body in about 8/9 months now. I got a cortisone shot and it helped. I would recommend getting one. I also used castor oil packs at night and KT tape. Look into those. They all have helped. With no set backs I might be able to start lifting again in a month or two..

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
On top of what others have posted..I'd look into peptides. Within a few months my tennis elbow cleared up even while lifting heavy and high volume while on cycle.

STLNYYDET43

Awards
I was thinking peptides, but im a little hesitant to stick myself. I'm sure theres alot of research involved too, and I'm clueless about it.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
So I thought I was starting to turn the corner because last week or so not much pain at all, even when training, (although haven't done curls or any biceps but have done rows and such) and it was feeling good but last night it ached a little bit and this morning I hit some golf balls and holy motherfu(ker, did that thing start killing me. Needless to say, I'm not in the clear ?

STLNYYDET43

Awards
So I thought I was starting to turn the corner because last week or so not much pain at all, even when training, (although haven't done curls or any biceps but have done rows and such) and it was feeling good but last night it ached a little bit and this morning I hit some golf balls and holy motherfu(ker, did that thing start killing me. Needless to say, I'm not in the clear ?
If your good enough to lift through it make sure you ice it after every workout. The last thing I'd do is hit golf balls for awhile. You don't want golfers elbow and tennis elbow lol. This injury sucks it can last up to a year and half sometimes. I've read that after getting it sometimes you will always have it.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
If your good enough to lift through it make sure you ice it after every workout. The last thing I'd do is hit golf balls for awhile. You don't want golfers elbow and tennis elbow lol. This injury sucks it can last up to a year and half sometimes. I've read that after getting it sometimes you will always have it.
I think I need to start icing then!! I don't know if I can not hit golf balls though as I am a very avid golfer and need to get ready for season to start In couple months. I actually bought a tennis elbow brace but don't know exactly how to put it on with certain pressure points? I think I will you tube it right now. Lol

STLNYYDET43

Awards
Youtube is probably my best friend for things like that

Lifting1992

Awards
I used to have this a couple years back. Just like other posters have mentioned, taking a bit of a time off truly helps. I took 2 weeks off of anything that would irritate my right elbow (mainly triceps, chest, and some bicep exercises). During my time off I iced daily,started taking 2 fish oil pills with first 2 meals and 1 with my last meal (5 per day) and did a lot of stretching for elbow tendons. When getting back into lifting again I would advise of trying to put up the same weight you were doing before the elbow pain because that will just irritate it. I started off doing high reps and then over the course of another 4 weeks gradually increased weight and decreased reps. Every so often I still stretch it out, but now I don't have any trouble with it. The way I took it was: its better off going slow and taking it easy for a month/ month and a half and get it fixed rather than keep hammering it and dealing with the pain for years.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
So I have been taking it easy... Mostly with bicep curls and such because all other lifting doesn't seem to affect it.. But I don't know what the f¿¿k is going on because all of the sudden my left arm is going through the same thing? I was shoveling snow yesterday and both arms were extremely painful (seems to be shoveling in cold weather is the worst) I can throw around weight in the gym with no pain but put 1lb or 2 of snow at the end of a shovel and holy motherf¿¿ker!!

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i have this in my right elbow. glucosamine and fish oil definitely helped

nemix

Awards
try out foam rolling bis, tris, and forearms as well. I use this followed by ice and if no swelling is occurring using heat multiple times after that.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Quit playing tennis

elias050

Awards
I switched over to Dumbbells from barbell for a few weeks... Didn't do Tris for about 10 days either and mine went away...

I also take glucosamine/chondroitin twice a day and triple strength fish oil with krill.

Hazard5150

Hazard5150

Awards
what is a good joint supp? and what type of peptide?

Warthog13

Awards
Anyone suffer from this before? I'm dealing with it now and its torture. If anyone has any ways of getting over this let me know. Also if any supps out there speed up recovery. I'm icing and stretching right now.
I suffered the same thing playing semi-pro baseball (more 'semi' than 'pro' LOL)...to the point (at its worst, my whole are felt numb had ZERO strength). Here's what worked for me:

Pre-game, rub the arm down (elbow to shoulder) with Zim's Max Freeze, the wrap it with a compression sleeve (one of those wraps will work, too - it just needs some compression). I'd usually need to rub it down once more mid-way through the game.

Sometime after the game (after shower and changing), I'd ice it for 20 minutes on/20 minutes off then 20 minutes on again.

That night (and every night for awhile), I'd rub it down with Theragesic (heat cream).

Eventually it went away (I'm guessing as the tendon and muscles around it strengthed?) but daggone if it wasn't miserable playing with it.

Anyway, that's what worked for me. Good luck, man - I've felt you pain!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 36
Injury / Rehab 5
bmoore Injury / Rehab 1
Injury / Rehab 8
Training Forum 3