Trouble Getting Back Lost Gains

  1. New Member
    hr4surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    81.67%

    Trouble Getting Back Lost Gains


    Hello, I'm having issues with my muscle development. Recently I was cut off from my gym for about 6 months and lost a lot of my gains due to being busy and lazy on keeping my physique (which I deeply regret). Roughly about 2 months after getting back into it, I'm not seeing very much progress on any of my muscle groups. I'm pretty sure I'm eating plenty of calories and I quit smoking cigarettes as well, which I also picked up for a short time during those 6 months. I have a pretty solid routine for all of my workout days, but have not seen any gains in the past little bit, while I was told that it would only take this amount of time to get back. Any tips?

  2. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115628
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Routine specifics?
    Diet specifics?

    Being busy and lazy
    Hmmmm, did you just quit training because it was getting to be to much work?
  3. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48011
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

    I can tell you from my early years the smoking would send my methabolism into overdrive. If I were to take a guess it did the same for you and you just not eating enough at this point.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    hr4surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    81.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Routine specifics?
    Diet specifics?

    Being busy and lazy
    Hmmmm, did you just quit training because it was getting to be to much work?
    My gym is the only one in my town and it's a neighborhood gym, and my landlords that I'm renting from did not pay for the lease fee which made me unable to go up there. I have an intake of about 120g of protein a day in food and protein shakes mixed with a carb supplement and I'm eating roughly 2,700 calories as well. I go to the gym 4 days a week at and my sets on all of my exercises are typically 4 sets with 8-6-4-4 reps with weight increasing by 10 lbs. on each set. I do roughly 12-16 sets on each muscle group depending on the day.
  5. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115628
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well, yeah, when you are at the behest of others to do or not do something until you can, you are pretty much at there mercy.
    I cannot see 6 months time lapse making a great difference. It seems more like something you are not doing now or just something you might be overlooking.
    As far as what you did to get where you were before and what you are doing now!?, do you see any differences?
    How much BW have you lost/gained?

    Are you using the big 5-7 compound exercises and trying to add weight with each W/O?
  6. New Member
    hr4surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    81.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Well, yeah, when you are at the behest of others to do or not do something until you can, you are pretty much at there mercy.
    I cannot see 6 months time lapse making a great difference. It seems more like something you are not doing now or just something you might be overlooking.
    As far as what you did to get where you were before and what you are doing now!?, do you see any differences?
    How much BW have you lost/gained?

    Are you using the big 5-7 compound exercises and trying to add weight with each W/O?
    I only lost about 3 lbs. or so, but my muscle mass slowly faded into body fat. I was previously at roughly 8% BMI, but over that course of time I'm now at about 12-13%, and as you know, fat weighs much less than muscle does so it was a pretty decent bit of muscle that was lost. I use a lot of Olympic lifts such as the bench press, squat, and cleans so I use many compound movements.
  7. Senior Member
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,816
    Rep Power
    115628
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hr4surf View Post
    I only lost about 3 lbs. or so, but my muscle mass slowly faded into body fat. I was previously at roughly 8% BMI, but over that course of time I'm now at about 12-13%, and as you know, fat weighs much less than muscle does so it was a pretty decent bit of muscle that was lost. I use a lot of Olympic lifts such as the bench press, squat, and cleans so I use many compound movements.
    Well, fat mass and lean mass are 2 entirely different tissues and one never "turns" into the other.
    My guess is that you just got a bit heavier losing some muscle tone and the fat has covered your definition. Even though you could have been lighter or even smaller, you probably looked more muscular from the tone and veins showing.
    IMO, you just need to stick to it for a bit to get back to your lower % BMI and all those muscles will tone up and come right back out and show themselves.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Getting back gain lost- Havoc
    By DarkVader in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
  2. Gaining back lost muscle
    By aria45 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
  3. A Certan Website WILL NOT Get Back To Me On A Lost Shippment
    By TheMeatus101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 03:09 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 04:52 AM
  5. Getting back to where I was before, advice please
    By PastorofMuppets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in