Trouble Getting Back Lost Gains

hr4surf

hr4surf

Awards
Hello, I'm having issues with my muscle development. Recently I was cut off from my gym for about 6 months and lost a lot of my gains due to being busy and lazy on keeping my physique (which I deeply regret). Roughly about 2 months after getting back into it, I'm not seeing very much progress on any of my muscle groups. I'm pretty sure I'm eating plenty of calories and I quit smoking cigarettes as well, which I also picked up for a short time during those 6 months. I have a pretty solid routine for all of my workout days, but have not seen any gains in the past little bit, while I was told that it would only take this amount of time to get back. Any tips?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Routine specifics?
Diet specifics?

Being busy and lazy
Hmmmm, did you just quit training because it was getting to be to much work?

vassille

Awards
I can tell you from my early years the smoking would send my methabolism into overdrive. If I were to take a guess it did the same for you and you just not eating enough at this point.

hr4surf

hr4surf

Awards
Routine specifics?
Diet specifics?

Being busy and lazy
Hmmmm, did you just quit training because it was getting to be to much work?
My gym is the only one in my town and it's a neighborhood gym, and my landlords that I'm renting from did not pay for the lease fee which made me unable to go up there. I have an intake of about 120g of protein a day in food and protein shakes mixed with a carb supplement and I'm eating roughly 2,700 calories as well. I go to the gym 4 days a week at and my sets on all of my exercises are typically 4 sets with 8-6-4-4 reps with weight increasing by 10 lbs. on each set. I do roughly 12-16 sets on each muscle group depending on the day.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, yeah, when you are at the behest of others to do or not do something until you can, you are pretty much at there mercy.
I cannot see 6 months time lapse making a great difference. It seems more like something you are not doing now or just something you might be overlooking.
As far as what you did to get where you were before and what you are doing now!?, do you see any differences?
How much BW have you lost/gained?

Are you using the big 5-7 compound exercises and trying to add weight with each W/O?

hr4surf

hr4surf

Awards
Well, yeah, when you are at the behest of others to do or not do something until you can, you are pretty much at there mercy.
I cannot see 6 months time lapse making a great difference. It seems more like something you are not doing now or just something you might be overlooking.
As far as what you did to get where you were before and what you are doing now!?, do you see any differences?
How much BW have you lost/gained?

Are you using the big 5-7 compound exercises and trying to add weight with each W/O?
I only lost about 3 lbs. or so, but my muscle mass slowly faded into body fat. I was previously at roughly 8% BMI, but over that course of time I'm now at about 12-13%, and as you know, fat weighs much less than muscle does so it was a pretty decent bit of muscle that was lost. I use a lot of Olympic lifts such as the bench press, squat, and cleans so I use many compound movements.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I only lost about 3 lbs. or so, but my muscle mass slowly faded into body fat. I was previously at roughly 8% BMI, but over that course of time I'm now at about 12-13%, and as you know, fat weighs much less than muscle does so it was a pretty decent bit of muscle that was lost. I use a lot of Olympic lifts such as the bench press, squat, and cleans so I use many compound movements.
Well, fat mass and lean mass are 2 entirely different tissues and one never "turns" into the other.
My guess is that you just got a bit heavier losing some muscle tone and the fat has covered your definition. Even though you could have been lighter or even smaller, you probably looked more muscular from the tone and veins showing.
IMO, you just need to stick to it for a bit to get back to your lower % BMI and all those muscles will tone up and come right back out and show themselves.