Recommendations

iceman321

Awards
Hey guys, I have been lifting for a year now. I know I haven't put on much mass and that I need to increase my calories. I have some gyno and wide hips, and I want to know how to make my physique aesthetic. Does my gyno look bad? Can mass hide it, or is surgery the only option? What about the hips? Thanks!

y7ud.jpg

RiseNShine

Awards
Put on some mass (weight/muscle)

Surgery is definitely unnecessary

iceman321

Awards
Thanks, much appreciated. Do I even look like I lift yet, or after I add significant mass? Is the gyno noticeable?

RiseNShine

Awards
Eat big. Lift big. Get big. Simple as that.

I can't tell anything. You look like a normal skinny guy. Not trying to be a dick at all.

jvu9109

jvu9109

Awards
Dude you don't even have gyno. To make your waist seem smaller and to look more aesthetic, you need to work on your lats, delts, and traps more. You can't do anything to change the shape/width of your hips. You'll have to add muscle to your upper torso to get the v-taper. You do not look like you lift yet in my opinion, but that just means that you need to be more patient with your gains, eat more, sleep more, and go through each workout as if it's your last workout. Hope this helped.

LivingStrongE

Awards
Go on a calorie surplus, get your training in order (splitting your routine), TRAIN HARD, correct supplementation, get enough rest. You have to be patient brother, all will come in time. If it were easy and fast then almost everyone in the world would be in shape. If you feel as if your hips are wide then just increase your width around your shoulders,traps, and bring out those lats.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Not really gyno, but you are predisposed to store fat in your chest. This sucks, I know because I easily store fat there also. Yes, you need to put on some lean mass, but you also need to be careful in the process. Most guys can get away with getting a little fat as they store it mostly in their gut. You'll certainly put on some fat during a "lean bulk", but this can be controlled. You'll need to eat clean and do one or two HIIT sessions per week.

Increase calories, particularly protein, and shoot for about 0.5lb per week increase in scale weight. If your not gaining at that rate, add more food. On the other hand, if you're gaining more, cut back your intake. This is the "slow and steady" approach.

I'd recommend you do a whole body routine, three days per week (look into Starting Strength). Focus on getting stronger. With the correct nutrition the lean mass will come.