Which Bodybuilding Federation To Compete In???

jvu9109

jvu9109

Awards
Hello Everyone,

I'll be entering my first bodybuilding competition next summer after 4 years of drug-free training. I'm wondering if anybody would be so kind as to recommend/educate me on which federation I should compete under. I'm from California and judging from what I heard; the NPC is the most renowned, but it seems that there are a lot of drugged up guys in it. With that said, I would like to if at all possible compete in a federation that drug-tests and most likely have the highest percentage of naturals competing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

SeahawkMuscle

SeahawkMuscle

Awards
I would strongly recommend the OCB (their pro division is the IFPA just fyi) They're a great natty organization. Also the DFAC, ANBF, and INBF are all good organizations to compete in as a natural. Each seems to have sightly different style so I'd say try a few out and see what you like best. They're all reputable organizations though.

Personally I would say as a natty NPC probably won't be the most fun show to do. People on gear are extremely common and I've heard A LOT of people comment on the politics involved and how often times it sucks the fun out for some people.

jvu9109

jvu9109

Awards
Thank you so much for your input. I searched up the federations and realize that 1) the 2014 schedule has not been posted yet or 2)they are way out of the area due to the fact that I live in California. I'll definitely select the one of the federations in which you posted above; whichever is closest to me location wise and predicted contest date. Time will tell. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In for answers , I've been looking at inbf but can't find any shows near me.

SeahawkMuscle

SeahawkMuscle

Awards
Thank you so much for your input. I searched up the federations and realize that 1) the 2014 schedule has not been posted yet or 2)they are way out of the area due to the fact that I live in California. I'll definitely select the one of the federations in which you posted above; whichever is closest to me location wise and predicted contest date. Time will tell. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
Welcome brother. Sorry for the slow reply, I'm active on several forums but just recently began doing more on here. I actually run the facebook page and do interviews for a group called Inside Natural Bodybuilding. We post about upcoming shows, show results, and athlete interviews from natty shows across the country. If you like us on facebook that should be a good place to stay up to date on natty shows coming up!

infraredline

Awards
Hello Everyone,

I'll be entering my first bodybuilding competition next summer after 4 years of drug-free training. I'm wondering if anybody would be so kind as to recommend/educate me on which federation I should compete under. I'm from California and judging from what I heard; the NPC is the most renowned, but it seems that there are a lot of drugged up guys in it. With that said, I would like to if at all possible compete in a federation that drug-tests and most likely have the highest percentage of naturals competing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
If you are intent on staying natty then don't compete npc. Npc is the one you will get more name recognition for winning in though.