Is it possible to workout in bed and watch tv?

healthychaser

Awards
I work long shifts and when i come home i just want to relax i dont want to go to the gym i just want to sleep untill tommorow and go to work again i did 20 situps and 20 pushups on my bed im tired will this help me at all? Im trying to get fit for the military im a young 18 year old male im not fat and im not skinny im just flabby and have a kids body still my arms are not that big either but im looking for performance fitness instead of bulking muscle for looks what can i do?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're tired from your long shift and are doing sit-ups in bed? Have fun in boot camp. That's called being a lazy ****. No ones gonna care in basic that you got your ass handed to you all day long and then wake you up at 4am for a fire drill, only to get your ass handed to you again.

Most of us here work long jobs AND train. Sone of us in the military too.

My advice- Quit thinking doing sit-ups in bed will benefit your life in any way, shape, or form. Get up and get used to running and endurance

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Haha this made me laugh. Goodluck with boot camp bud.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a son in the Navy. Boot camp is going to be a nightmare for you unless you get out there and push yourself. Research online the fitness programs for the branch you are joining. Use these programs now to build up your body before you enter the military. If you continue this "in bed" nonsense you are going to have your butt handed to you.

healthychaser

Awards
Haha! Hell yes i agree! I try to but i lack the motivation sometimes i wont get out until 9pm and i come home and stay up all night and watch tv i find it hard to discipline myself or motivate myself to workout i only have 10 pound weights and push up bars i am just being lazy man this a wake up call! You guys helped me realize this thanx!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha! Hell yes i agree! I try to but i lack the motivation sometimes i wont get out until 9pm and i come home and stay up all night and watch tv i find it hard to discipline myself or motivate myself to workout i only have 10 pound weights and push up bars i am just being lazy man this a wake up call! You guys helped me realize this thanx!
You are welcome. The military is no joke. You will be pushed to your limits and beyond. Prepare yourself now by shutting off the TV, eat right, run your butt off and lift. If you don't have access to weights then go to a park and use the children's monkey bars to do pull ups. Push-ups are something you can do anywhere. Discipline yourself now.

Good luck son, keep your head down and always be safe no matter where you are. Thank you for your future service to our Country.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work long shifts and when i come home i just want to relax i dont want to go to the gym i just want to sleep untill tommorow and go to work again i did 20 situps and 20 pushups on my bed im tired will this help me at all? Im trying to get fit for the military im a young 18 year old male im not fat and im not skinny im just flabby and have a kids body still my arms are not that big either but im looking for performance fitness instead of bulking muscle for looks what can i do?
You're tired from your long shift and are doing sit-ups in bed? Have fun in boot camp. That's called being a lazy ****. No ones gonna care in basic that you got your ass handed to you all day long and then wake you up at 4am for a fire drill, only to get your ass handed to you again.

Most of us here work long jobs AND train. Sone of us in the military too.

My advice- Quit thinking doing sit-ups in bed will benefit your life in any way, shape, or form. Get up and get used to running and endurance
Like Sean said, grow some balls dude. I work long hours at my job, go to school and have kids and a house to take care of. I get up every day at 4am to train and I'm more than 10 years older than you.

Take off the pantyhose, turn off the Hallmark Channel and get under the weights.

This has to be a troll

PhazzedOut

Awards
I work a 12 hour labor shift with very little down time. What I do. I workout before work. I get up chug a pre-workout then have at it. Come home eat a 1kcal meal and go to the grind. 3 years like that.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish I had the energy now that I had when I was 18!. That would be amazing!. When I was a young lad of 18 years old, energy for working out came much easier and so did progress in the gym. If you think it's hard to get the motivation to work out at 18 years old....talk to me in 20 years...

BigAK9

Awards
I'm going to assume this isn't a troll, odds are it is based on the title, and that you weren't looking for a bunch of guys to give you tough love speeches. I am about your age and I used to work construction, and this is how I would manage the two. I would get up hour and fifteen before work everyday, immediately drink two cups of water and take my morning sups. I would then make breakfast, which would consist of 5-7 eggs, some rye toast, oj, and a coffee for the road. I would also pack a cooler with snacks, usually Greek yogurt, Protein shake and some nuts, and leave it in my trunk. I would then drive to work and at work eat two hours in on a quick break and grab a decent sized lunch then crush the protein shake on a quick break about two hours before leaving. I would get home and be crushed so I would eat immediately and then shower. I would then go take a nap for about two hours wake up take a preworkout and go to the gym. I'd come home take protein again eat the last small meal of the day, usually something fiberous, and then take some melatonin and ptfo around midnight. This schedule is doable for just about anyone. The high calories will keep energy and metabolism up especially if you couple it with the prep pt the army recommends.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
i hear this gives a mean work out AND you can do it in bed!
shake-weight-for-men.jpg

spendingdinar

Awards
Haha I think about the same thing all the time benching in my bed

David147

Awards
If you want a suspenseful show that leaves you wanting more then definitely True Blood and Game of Thrones...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want a suspenseful show that leaves you wanting more then definitely True Blood and Game of Thrones...
I wonder if he has spent the last two years wondering what to watch. ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dunno if I agree with everyone here. I seem to be able to do cardio just fine in bed and work up quite the endurance level, for hours.... :lmao:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, talk about pulling one out of the depths...lol

50gunner

50gunner

Awards
Excuses are too easy. F**kin get up and throw some weight around. Get to the gym, your motivation will come. If your headed to the military, here's motivation for you, Johnny Jihad sawin' your head off with a f**kin dull buck knife. Muscle up so you can stay alive bro. No one here can help you..you gotta want it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ummm... I do a lot of glute exercises in bed.
No pun intended... ??

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
How the **** did this of all threads get bumped

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work my forearms out all the time in bed.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Aahahah yeah i think maybe forearms workout :lmao:

bert45

bert45

Banned
Awards
You lazy fukk the military would not want you get off ur ass and do atleast 100 pushup and 50 situps before bed. Ur 18 u lazy shiet

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You lazy fukk the military would not want you get off ur ass and do atleast 100 pushup and 50 situps before bed. Ur 18 u lazy shiet
I've seen more polite answers in my time lol

Chiefsnation23

Chiefsnation23

Awards
Haha I'm pretty sure he is gone forever now.

But I will say.. If you don't want to stand out in bootcamp, get into shape. Start at 30 mins a day of push-ups/sit-ups and sprints/jogging then build up. Energy will come with that. You will happy you did.
I'm not going to troll you but by your lack of motivation I would start reading up and really understand what your getting yourself into. The military isn't something your going to be able to just get by with. You will get owned the entire 4 years your in by people like me, annoyed with your lack of motivation/poor attitude.

Chiefsnation23

Chiefsnation23

Awards
I feel dumb now. Probably won't post anymore today. Haha

bert45

bert45

Banned
Awards
He probably still on his bed doing neck ups lazy shiittt

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He probably still on his bed doing neck ups lazy shiittt
That's a real exercise, these actually can help your posture when done over the edge of your bed facing down lol

bert45

bert45

Banned
Awards
I workout in bed to its called the socket rocket workout I only do it when my girl isn't around and my blood is filled with trest

Bigmac16

Bigmac16

Awards
I've just turn 17 and I'm working as an apprentice chef in an extremely stressful work environment and it takes a lot out of me when it's just me the first year apprentice and the head chef doing in excess of 100 meals in a few hours, as you could understand doing 75 hours a week takes a fair bit of energy, I still go to gym 5 days a week and I think I'm doing ok at the moment. I used to do 20 sit-ups and 20 push-ups a night when I was 9 to show off my abs to all the girls lol. But that's my genetics and it was a piss poor effort, if you can't find a reason to go to gym stick to your forearms

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
My days can be anywhere from 8 hours to a week down the coast. I do on the boat workouts no matter what. You can find me hanging from a fuel pipe doing pull ups of the coast of New York.

Snow3y

Snow3y

Awards
Is this a troll? lol

john31

Awards
That's funny. Maybe the military is not the best choice for you

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Why won't this thread die?!

john31

Awards
You guys do realize that by replying to me about what not to do on this thread is only doing what you said you didn't want. Keeping the thread alive.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You guys do realize that by replying to me about what not to do on this thread is only doing what you said you didn't want. Keeping the thread alive.
Do you realize that replying to me, about me replying to another post, that was replying a different reply that I made is 4th level inception and if you die at that level you die in real life?!!! :0

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Do you realize that replying to me, about me replying to another post, that was replying a different reply that I made is 4th level inception and if you die at that level you die in real life?!!! :0
now that is some deep rationalization on both levels